Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Elizabeth Warren's story of racist grandparents disputed by Cherokee genealogist

1. #136 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,912 Times in 3,648 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,102 Times in 1,032 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by USFREEDOM911 View Post
    None of those are a race.
    USFREEDOM glows in his warped idea that he can be a religious and ethnic bigot and not be considered a racist.
    We have the intellect to imagine the finality of our own demise but do not have the sophistication to overcome our survival instinct and accept it.
    Solution? Magical thinking and childish promises of everlasting life.
    Ergo, religion.

rac·ist
    rāsəst/noun
    a person who believes that a particular race is superior to another.
    Ask yourself honestly if this describes what you believe to be true.
    If the answer is yes, you are a racist.

2. #137 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by CFM View Post
    You shouldn't post when you're sucking nigger dick.
    Trump supporter^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    'Nuff said.
    We have the intellect to imagine the finality of our own demise but do not have the sophistication to overcome our survival instinct and accept it.
    Ergo, religion.

rac·ist
    rāsəst/noun

3. #138 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,610 Times in 10,571 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 578 Times in 535 Posts
    Blog Entries

People inherit half of their DNA from both parents and this would make you 12.5% German.

Not trying to be a smart ass; but is there any possibility that your "Mom", was not your Mother?

The step brother was from the Father and neither her of her step brother showed any genetic markers that would point towards Native American Indians.
    Except you only inherit 50% of their genes. The reality is, by chance, I inherited none of the German genome from my mother, only the British/Irish from her. While from my father I inherited Basque and Native American genes. It is possible that there was Native American in her family but that she simply, by chance, inherited none of those genes. I know it is possible, I've read the results from my mother and myself. I wish my father was still alive so I could get his genome done as well. Considering he was adopted, his ancestry is much more of a mystery.

And no, it is not possible that my mother was not my birth mother. I did inherit 50% of my genome from my mother, (you get to compare the reports on 23 and Me, I share 50% of my genes with her, and a ridiculous amount with my sister who inherited almost none of the Native American genome from my father while I inherited a bit over 25% Native American from him) just none of it was from the 25% of her genome that is German all of it came from the 75% that is British/Irish.

And if you ever saw pictures of my father and myself you would definitely know he was my father. I have pictures my kids identify as being me, but it is my father. I have my Navy photo from boot camp next to his black and white version of the same. Both of my children believed they were both pictures of me.

My sister got a bit less of the Native American genome from my father than I did... Hers was only like 3% while mine is just a bit over 25%.

It really was quite interesting. I share a good 70% of my genome with my sister... Though she did inherit some (not much) of the German genome from my mother.
    Last edited by Damocles; 03-17-2018 at 01:00 AM.
    Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but rather we have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
    - -- Aristotle

Believe nothing on the faith of traditions, even though they have been held in honor for many generations and in diverse places. Do not believe a thing because many people speak of it. Do not believe on the faith of the sages of the past. Do not believe what you yourself have imagined, persuading yourself that a God inspires you. Believe nothing on the sole authority of your masters and priests. After examination, believe what you yourself have tested and found to be reasonable, and conform your conduct thereto.
    - -- The Buddha

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    - -- Aristotle

4. #139 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,432 Times in 12,044 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,699 Times in 1,647 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Leonthecat View Post
    USFREEDOM glows in his warped idea that he can be a religious and ethnic bigot and not be considered a racist.
    Seeing as how I'm neither of the labels you mentioned, nor am I a racist.

This is just the liberal way of trying to promote something as fact, when there's not an iota of proof.
    SEDITION: incitement of resistance to or insurrection against lawful authority.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to USFREEDOM911 For This Post:

cancel2 2022 (03-18-2018)

6. #140 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Damocles View Post
    Except you only inherit 50% of their genes. The reality is, by chance, I inherited none of the German genome from my mother, only the British/Irish from her. While from my father I inherited Basque and Native American genes. It is possible that there was Native American in her family but that she simply, by chance, inherited none of those genes. I know it is possible, I've read the results from my mother and myself. I wish my father was still alive so I could get his genome done as well. Considering he was adopted, his ancestry is much more of a mystery.

And no, it is not possible that my mother was not my birth mother. I did inherit 50% of my genome from my mother, (you get to compare the reports on 23 and Me, I share 50% of my genes with her, and a ridiculous amount with my sister who inherited almost none of the Native American genome from my father while I inherited a bit over 25% Native American from him) just none of it was from the 25% of her genome that is German all of it came from the 75% that is British/Irish.

And if you ever saw pictures of my father and myself you would definitely know he was my father. I have pictures my kids identify as being me, but it is my father. I have my Navy photo from boot camp next to his black and white version of the same. Both of my children believed they were both pictures of me.

My sister got a bit less of the Native American genome from my father than I did... Hers was only like 3% while mine is just a bit over 25%.

It really was quite interesting. I share a good 70% of my genome with my sister... Though she did inherit some (not much) of the German genome from my mother.
    I was just asking and suggesting a possibility, seeing as how I know nothing of your family.

7. #141 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,610 Times in 10,571 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 578 Times in 535 Posts
    Blog Entries

I was just asking and suggesting a possibility, seeing as how I know nothing of your family.
    I'm not insulted. I laughed. No issues there, USFREEDOM911.

I found it quite fascinating. I truly believed that I would be some portion German because of the stories from my mother's side of the family. When my results came back and there was none I was stunned. Then my mother got her's done and she was 25% German I was doubly surprised, I was expecting to find none and was thinking maybe one of her female ancestors wasn't quite honorable about who they let into their bed. Mom is 99.9% European, 75% British/Irish and 25% German (with .1% unassigned in there, I rounded up the British/Irish). Then my sister got hers done... We both definitely have the same father and mother.
    Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but rather we have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
    - -- Aristotle

Believe nothing on the faith of traditions, even though they have been held in honor for many generations and in diverse places. Do not believe a thing because many people speak of it. Do not believe on the faith of the sages of the past. Do not believe what you yourself have imagined, persuading yourself that a God inspires you. Believe nothing on the sole authority of your masters and priests. After examination, believe what you yourself have tested and found to be reasonable, and conform your conduct thereto.
    - -- The Buddha

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    - -- Aristotle

8. #142 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Damocles View Post
    I'm not insulted. I laughed. No issues there, USFREEDOM911.

I found it quite fascinating. I truly believed that I would be some portion German because of the stories from my mother's side of the family. When my results came back and there was none I was stunned. Then my mother got her's done and she was 25% German I was doubly surprised, I was expecting to find none and was thinking maybe one of her female ancestors wasn't quite honorable about who they let into their bed. Mom is 99.9% European, 75% British/Irish and 25% German (with .1% unassigned in there, I rounded up the British/Irish). Then my sister got hers done... We both definitely have the same father and mother.
    What I find really amusing, is that after all the countries that were invaded, conquered, and ruled over, in the past; how anyone can try to claim racial majority of any kind.

I've been thinking of doing the 23 and me test, just to see if I can pin point where my ancestors immigrated from.

The color of my eyes point to European and possibly royalty.

Maybe there's some small country, who's been looking for a legitimate heir to their throne!!

Here's one for you.

My mother, before she died, had researched some of your ancestry and it appears that my Great-great Grandfather may have very well been married to two sisters, in the same town, on the same block, and just a few house apart.

A census from that time period show "two" men, with the same name and one using a middle initial, married to two women who had the same maiden last name, and who both gave birth to a son, with the same name (one with a middle initial) and a daughter with the same name (one with a middle initial) and who's birthday's had a 1 day difference.

There's a possibility that one had a son, the other had a daughter and they raised them together.

Considering the time period and the beliefs at that time, it's not that far fetched.

I believe it's my Great-great-great Grandfather who was supposed to have immigrated from somewhere in Europe, with his Wife, a daughter, and a son.

Scottish pipes and Irish ballads do stir my soul, for some unknown reason.
    I just pray I'm not of Welsh heritage; but then I'm not attracted to sheep or farm animals, so I think I'm safe.

Maybe I'm a FUCKING VIKING, DAMNIT.
    Last edited by USFREEDOM911; 03-17-2018 at 02:02 AM.

9. #143 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 31 Times in 27 Posts

You shouldn't post when you're sucking nigger dick.
    It's pretty clear to everyone here you have an obsession with niggers, their penises and their poo. I'd seek help for that if I were you.
    The first witchdoctor 100,000 years ago said, "God did it," and today the Pope says the same thing.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Rob Larrikin For This Post:

cancel2 2022 (03-18-2018)

11. #144 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,010 Times in 8,569 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 498 Times in 487 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nordberg View Post
    Try english.
    You didn't understand ebonics, boy?

12. #145 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Trump supporter^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    'Nuff said.
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^NL. Enough said

13. #146 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Larrikin View Post
    It's pretty clear to everyone here you have an obsession with niggers, their penises and their poo. I'd seek help for that if I were you.
    Yet you're the one sucking their dicks and cleaning the shit off their assholes when you kiss it.

14. #147 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^NL. Enough said
    You make my job almost too easy, racist.
    And USFREEDOM defends you.
    Last edited by Leonthecat; 03-17-2018 at 10:53 AM.
    Ergo, religion.

rac·ist
    rāsəst/noun

15. #148 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Seeing as how I'm neither of the labels you mentioned, nor am I a racist.

This is just the liberal way of trying to promote something as fact, when there's not an iota of proof.
    Your tacit approval of all your racist republican friends here is all the proof needed.
    You fool no one.
    Ergo, religion.

rac·ist
    rāsəst/noun

16. #149 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,448 Times in 965 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 45 Times in 42 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    No, I just dumb them down for morons like you who have the intelligence of a gnat.
    Ooooh, what page was that one on? I would guess the first one because you wouldn't have bothered to read beyond that.

17. #150 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Your tacit approval of all your racist republican friends here is all the proof needed.
    You fool no one.
    Then you should be able to show where I've shown approval for racism.