Page 1 of 21 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: In defense of Trump's turnover

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,287 Times in 27,095 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,975 Times in 2,692 Posts

Edit: for the record, I did not start this thread. It is not my thread, man! Something whacked out happened!
    I am actually embarrassed for you that you would compare running a small business to running the United States.

I have never worked in any large organization, entity, or corporation where the key to success was chaos.

It speaks to Trump's judgement that he cannot hire people that work well, make progress, and function as a team.

Your Orange Hog is also a repulsive coward for firing Tillerson by tweet, instead to telling him to his face.

As for your promise to give up on Trump after 2.5 years, I pretty much heard the same talk about George Dumbya Bush...and the Iraq War....aka, let's give it more time!!
    Last edited by Cypress; 03-14-2018 at 08:20 PM.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Cypress For This Post:

Bourbon (03-14-2018), christiefan915 (03-14-2018), kudzu (03-14-2018), ThatOwlWoman (03-14-2018)

3. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I am actually embarrassed for you that you would compare running a small business to running the United States.

I have never worked in any large organization, entity, or corporation where the key to success was chaos.

It speaks to Trump's judgement that he cannot hire people that work well, make progress, and function as a team.

Your Orange Hog is also a repulsive coward for firing Tillerson by tweet, instead of telling him to his face.

As for your promise to give up on Trump after 2.5 years, I pretty much heard the same talk about George Dumbya Bush...and the Iraq War....aka, let's give it more time!!

4. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,495 Times in 1,799 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 171 Times in 164 Posts

Default In defense of Trump's turnover

My first year and a half as a small business owner I fired somebody about once every two or three months, sometimes more. Believe me it was a bad experience but I had no choice in every instance. They all had to go and I had no regrets. The last 8 years I don't even have to advertise or do much of an interview for a new employee. I pay well, never lose my temper, am fair, have a great policy manual that I've updated from time to time. My little organization is simply the place to work in my industry.
    When I lose an employee it's because they move and there's always someone ready to quit their job and work for me. I just make a phone call or get a recommendation from the exiting employee.
    Trump is attempting to drain the swamp, not an easy task. I'll give him 2.5 yrs. If there's still the chaos in his admin that he has now I'll reconsider.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cancel 2018.1 For This Post:

cancel2 2022 (03-14-2018), Stretch (03-13-2018), Truth Detector (03-14-2018)

6. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,360 Times in 14,088 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 649 Times in 616 Posts

For the sake of discussion let me play Devils advocate. When you claim as one of your strengths that you are going to hire the best and brightest and then continually fire them what does that say about you? To work at the White House is always going to be appealing for some but I don't see what's currently happening as fostering an environment where the best and brightest want to join.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cawacko For This Post:

kudzu (03-14-2018), Rune (03-14-2018)

8. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,758 Times in 11,557 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 889 Times in 847 Posts

And, with allllll the nonsense and distractions thrown at him as never seen before with ANY incoming president.....not bad for a guy who has NEVER been in politics.
    Abortion rights dogma can obscure human reason & harden the human heart so much that the same person who feels
    empathy for animal suffering can lack compassion for unborn children who experience lethal violence and excruciating
    pain in abortion.

Unborn animals are protected in their nesting places, humans are not. To abort something is to end something
    which has begun. To abort life is to end it.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stretch For This Post:

Cancel 2018.1 (03-13-2018), Truth Detector (03-14-2018)

10. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,567 Times in 17,094 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,575 Times in 4,254 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by aloysious View Post
    My first year and a half as a small business owner I fired somebody about once every two or three months, sometimes more. Believe me it was a bad experience but I had no choice in every instance. They all had to go and I had no regrets. The last 8 years I don't even have to advertise or do much of an interview for a new employee. I pay well, never lose my temper, am fair, have a great policy manual that I've updated from time to time. My little organization is simply the place to work in my industry.
    When I lose an employee it's because they move and there's always someone ready to quit their job and work for me. I just make a phone call or get a recommendation from the exiting employee.
    Trump is attempting to drain the swamp, not an easy task. I'll give him 2.5 yrs. If there's still the chaos in his admin that he has now I'll reconsider.
    Trump is running one of the largest businesses in the world. That is not the same as his Trump business. Trump has chosen agency heads and staff horribly. They are trying to wreck departments from the inside. He is not dumping interns, but older ,well experienced and educated adults. Trump is not draining anything. Those are silly words. He is destroying regulation and safety to please the plutocrats and corporations. We are going to spend a long time trying to fix Trumps mess.

Sorry, but Trump is nearing 50 percent turnover. it is far above any other presidents. That is evidence of very poor management.. He does not not evaluate people well at all. There is a lot more turnover coming. So Trump is a mess. We can just hope to survive this.

11. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Nordberg View Post
    Sorry, but Trump is nearing 50 percent turnover. it is far above any other presidents. That is evidence of very poor management.. He does not not evaluate people well at all. There is a lot more turnover coming. So Trump is a mess. We can just hope to survive this.
    You better believe it there is.
    Trump won because he ran against the repub and dim establishment. How could he lose? What's their approval rating each? 20% at best? What's Trump's, 34% at worst?
    He's a mad genius.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cancel 2018.1 For This Post:

cancel2 2022 (03-14-2018), Truth Detector (03-14-2018)

13. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,177 Times in 991 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 313 Times in 276 Posts

Trump campaigned on draining the swamp. Unfortunately he hired a few people like Omarosa who became part of the swamp. It's good that they're gone.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to hvilleherb For This Post:

Truth Detector (03-14-2018)

15. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post
    For the sake of discussion let me play Devils advocate. When you claim as one of your strengths that you are going to hire the best and brightest and then continually fire them what does that say about you?
    I think he at least tried. BushII had a graeat team which only worked against him. You have to have a compatible team.
    Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post
    To work at the White House is always going to be appealing for some but I don't see what's currently happening as fostering an environment where the best and brightest want to join.
    That's why I give him 2.5 yrs., then I reassess.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cancel 2018.1 For This Post:

17. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Nordberg View Post
    Trump is running one of the largest businesses in the world. That is not the same as his Trump business. Trump has chosen agency heads and staff horribly. They are trying to wreck departments from the inside. He is not dumping interns, but older ,well experienced and educated adults. Trump is not draining anything. Those are silly words. He is destroying regulation and safety to please the plutocrats and corporations. We are going to spend a long time trying to fix Trumps mess.

I think there's a good possibility that he's a mad genius. He ran the worst campaign I've see in my lifetime yet won the presidency in his very first run for any political office. Even you have to admit that's astounding.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Cancel 2018.1 For This Post:

19. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Cypress View Post

Now how the eff did you get to be post #1 and 2 when I started the effing thread? Whatever.
    No question, he's different. That's why he got elected.
    Your Orange Hog is also a repulsive coward for firing Tillerson by tweet, instead to telling him to his face.
    Agreed, he's an asshole. And referring to Sessions as Mr. Magoo is pathetic.
    I gave Bush a chance but if you had been on the Bill Maher board you'd know I gave up on him.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Cancel 2018.1 For This Post:

21. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by aloysious View Post
    Now how the eff did you get to be post #1 and 2 when I started the effing thread? Whatever.
    No question, he's different. That's why he got elected.
    Agreed, he's an asshole. And referring to Sessions as Mr. Magoo is pathetic.
    I gave Bush a chance but if you had been on the Bill Maher board you'd know I gave up on him.

You would be laughed out of every place I have ever worked for suggesting complete chaos is a good thing.

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cypress For This Post:

Althea (03-14-2018), TTQ64 (03-14-2018)

23. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

You would be laughed out of every place I have ever worked for suggesting complete chaos is a good thing.
    Of course. Where did I say that? I'll reassess in 1.5 yrs. He gets his admin act together or I jettison him. I/m just giving him a chance. When I started my business it was complete chaos for a yr. and a half. Now it runs like a well greased machine.
    BushII had a great circle of highly experienced people. Where did that get him?
    I'll admit Obama had a great team of thugs, cronies and a supreme grifter which worked well to inflict harm on the country and in the ME. If that was his intent, and I think it was, he's a damn smart guy. I give credit where credit is due.

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cancel 2018.1 For This Post:

25. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,780 Times in 1,484 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 639 Times in 611 Posts
    Blog Entries

Trump is not trying to drain any swamp. On the contrary, many of his picks have been the worst sort of swamp creatures. Trump is a narcissist. He doesn't want competent help. All he wants is bootlickers. Trump often loses his temper, is not fair ("fair", to him, means only that he gets his way), and nothing is stable. He's a petulant spoiled child. That's the main reason turnover is so high.

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rjhenn For This Post:

Althea (03-14-2018), christiefan915 (03-14-2018)

27. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by rjhenn View Post
    Trump is not trying to drain any swamp. On the contrary, many of his picks have been the worst sort of swamp creatures. Trump is a narcissist. He doesn't want competent help. All he wants is bootlickers. Trump often loses his temper, is not fair ("fair", to him, means only that he gets his way), and nothing is stable. He's a petulant spoiled child. That's the main reason turnover is so high.
    You could be right - or wrong. It's possible that he has a vision and he has to have competent bootlickers to meet that vision. Kinda what I went thru. Turned out my vision was correct.
    But that's why I give him another 1.5 yrs.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to Cancel 2018.1 For This Post: