Page 24 of 27 FirstFirst ... 142021222324252627 LastLast

Thread: PA-18 results thread

1. #346 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,388 Times in 7,999 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 809 Times in 761 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Teflon Don View Post
    You are about as politically ignorant as they come.

You claim that this election was anti Trump but can produce no proof other than Saccone lost. Not exactly a thoughtful political analysis. But, hey maybe you are an expert on Western PA politics?
    I have said quite a few times on this thread that it's not just this one race - it's the trend we have seen in every special election since Trump got elected.

Sorry - I know you're a fan now, but he's just not a popular President. He went there and had a rally for the guy, and still couldn't pull off the win - in a red district.

2. #347 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,622 Times in 8,086 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 639 Times in 618 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by floridafan View Post
    You are the ones who, during the Bush term, promised the country a permanent Republican control of government. It didnt go so well, sis.
    I never claimed that there would be a permanent republican majority. Karl Rove did and he was wrong. I also remember the democrats thinking that after they retook Congress in 2006 and B. Hussein Yobabymama won the White House that the new democrat majority was dawning. Remember that? Demographics was destiny? No republican could ever win the white house again unless they embraced amnesty?

Yeah, I remember that.

My point is that conventional wisdom often doesn't hold true

3. The Following User Says Thank You to canceled.2021.2 For This Post:

Truth Detector (03-16-2018)

4. #348 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

How else do you explain a 20 point shift, particularly when Republicans spent over 10 million on the race, and brought our their big guns, Trump, Pence, and Jr. to campaign?
    How else do you explain that the tax cut you have raved about, meant nothing to these people?
    Absent any exit polls, I really can't say and nobody else can either. You can make your partisan claims, but you don't have real facts.

You are ignoring the candidate. Despite what everyone wants to think, President Trump wasn't on the ballot. I have read an article that Saccone spent most of his TV ads attacking Lamb saying he was going to be a rubber stamp for Nancy Pelosi trying to nationalize the election. Yet, Lamb came out saying he wouldn't vote for Pelosi as Speaker. Seems like a pretty bad political ad if you ask me. Lamb was a blank slate.

I didn't watch the race that closely so I can't say what kind of candidate Saccone was, but from what I am reading in post mortems, he was pretty vanilla.

Absent exit polling saying that the vote was an anti Trump vote you are just guessing. I suspect you are a shitty guesser

5. The Following User Says Thank You to canceled.2021.2 For This Post:

6. #349 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Thing1 View Post
    I have said quite a few times on this thread that it's not just this one race - it's the trend we have seen in every special election since Trump got elected.

Sorry - I know you're a fan now, but he's just not a popular President. He went there and had a rally for the guy, and still couldn't pull off the win - in a red district.
    You are such a political moron. Trumps approval numbers are actually higher now than they were when he was elected. So his approval numbers are irrelevant to this race. As for whether or not Trump could pull of the win or not, anyone who has paid attention to politics for any amount time should know not to put much stock in endorsements. It is the candidates that are on the ballot

Despite your desire to make this all about Trump because of your Trump hatred and TDS, I don't see any evidence.

The race was razor close. The only thing I can tell from these results is that the voters really didn't see much difference between either candidate.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to canceled.2021.2 For This Post:

8. #350 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,772 Times in 27,246 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 19,590 Times in 18,179 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Julius Malema View Post
    As IHA's thread was just a masturbatory rant.

Here is NYT's results: https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...-election.html

Here is predicit market on the election, where you can get a good early feel on how the race is turning out: https://www.predictit.org/Market/376...-18th-district

Very early results, but predictit is moving heavily towards Democrats as it is.
    the dem won

9. #351 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

You are such a political moron. Trumps approval numbers are actually higher now than they were when he was elected. So his approval numbers are irrelevant to this race. As for whether or not Trump could pull of the win or not, anyone who has paid attention to politics for any amount time should know not to put much stock in endorsements. It is the candidates that are on the ballot

Despite your desire to make this all about Trump because of your Trump hatred and TDS, I don't see any evidence.

The race was razor close. The only thing I can tell from these results is that the voters really didn't see much difference between either candidate.
    yes we noticed you don't see evidence of anything

you merely spill past your lips every fox talking point fed you

10. #352 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,388 Times in 7,999 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 809 Times in 761 Posts

The Republican should have won handily.

There is huge anti-Trump sentiment in the country, and you'll see it some more in the midterms. The left is completely energized, and the right - outside of Trump's hardcore base - is demoralized.

Gonna be a good year. You & Grind are the same; you both know next to nothing about politics, but beat your chest about your "knowledge" all the time to try to cover for that.

11. #353 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,916 Times in 6,548 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,882 Times in 1,756 Posts
    Blog Entries

Absent any exit polls, I really can't say and nobody else can either. You can make your partisan claims, but you don't have real facts.

You are ignoring the candidate. Despite what everyone wants to think, President Trump wasn't on the ballot. I have read an article that Saccone spent most of his TV ads attacking Lamb saying he was going to be a rubber stamp for Nancy Pelosi trying to nationalize the election. Yet, Lamb came out saying he wouldn't vote for Pelosi as Speaker. Seems like a pretty bad political ad if you ask me. Lamb was a blank slate.

I didn't watch the race that closely so I can't say what kind of candidate Saccone was, but from what I am reading in post mortems, he was pretty vanilla.

Absent exit polling saying that the vote was an anti Trump vote you are just guessing. I suspect you are a shitty guesser
    The sole accomplishment of this administration was a tax cut. The whole concept of this cut, and its implementation was so bad, that Republicans stopped even talking about it
    during this campaign.

You can assume what you want, the republican candidate was not great, but not that terrible either. What exactly counted for a 20 point swing, in a district that hadn't voted Democratic in almost 20 years?

12. The Following User Says Thank You to floridafan For This Post:

evince (03-15-2018)

13. #354 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

14. #355 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

There is huge anti-Trump sentiment in the country, and you'll see it some more in the midterms. The left is completely energized, and the right - outside of Trump's hardcore base - is demoralized.

Gonna be a good year. You & Grind are the same; you both know next to nothing about politics, but beat your chest about your "knowledge" all the time to try to cover for that.

and next election (2018) the gerrymandering of those districts will be GONE

there will be fewer republicans elected in this state

15. #356 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

you know

the results of making the country aware of the cheating the republicans have been doing for years has helped start to end the cheating

and remember how you guys used to give me shit for trying to get you to pay attention to that cheating

16. #357 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,249 Times in 7,660 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,055 Times in 1,002 Posts

How else do you explain a 20 point shift, particularly when Republicans spent over 10 million on the race, and brought our their big guns, Trump, Pence, and Jr. to campaign?
    How else do you explain that the tax cut you have raved about, meant nothing to these people?
    Right you are, flordafan.

And just think: The "BIG GUNS" for the Republican Party right now are people like Donald Trump, Mike Pence and Donald Jr!!!

What a disgusting thing to happen to a once proud party.

Abraham Lincoln must be turning over in his grave.

17. #358 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,676 Times in 14,049 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,136 Times in 1,080 Posts

The district first went Republican in 2002. That tells me that what the voters really want to be is a conservative Democratic district rather than a red Republican one. Lamb gave them the opportunity to believe he was their guy, but it shouldn't take him long to prove that their feeling is mere nostalgia and not reflective of reality.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Minister of Truth For This Post:

19. #359 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,916 Times in 6,548 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,882 Times in 1,756 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Threedee View Post
    The district first went Republican in 2002. That tells me that what the voters really want to be is a conservative Democratic district rather than a red Republican one. Lamb gave them the opportunity to believe he was their guy, but it shouldn't take him long to prove that their feeling is mere nostalgia and not reflective of reality.
    Will the excuses for this major republican defeat ever end?

20. #360 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,834 Times in 17,265 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,601 Times in 4,278 Posts

Trump was all over that election. His bumbling administration was observable by all, perhaps even you. Trump went there and campaigned. But like Conway said, you have alternate facts.