Thread: PA-18 results thread

1. #61 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,758 Times in 11,557 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 889 Times in 847 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bourbon View Post
    Wrong!
    OK, all those PA Dems wanted a far left fringe Pelosi kind of guy and that's why they nominated Lamb to run, right?
    Abortion rights dogma can obscure human reason & harden the human heart so much that the same person who feels
    empathy for animal suffering can lack compassion for unborn children who experience lethal violence and excruciating
    pain in abortion.

Unborn animals are protected in their nesting places, humans are not. To abort something is to end something
    which has begun. To abort life is to end it.

2. #62 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,235 Times in 10,345 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,490 Times in 1,337 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post
    You're so cute when you're hopeful.

news.gallup.com/poll/226154/trump-first-year-job-approval-worst-points.aspx
    he's climbing. rasmussen, the most accurate poll in 2016, has him at 48%. many other polls are putting him mid 40's now as well.

---

Quote Originally Posted by Mott the Hoople View Post
    Grind is basically right
    Quote Originally Posted by Phantasmal View Post
    Grind’s got you beat by miles. He is very intelligent.

3. #63 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

It's reported that they'll be counting absentee votes in the morning.
    Abortion rights dogma can obscure human reason & harden the human heart so much that the same person who feels
    empathy for animal suffering can lack compassion for unborn children who experience lethal violence and excruciating
    pain in abortion.

Unborn animals are protected in their nesting places, humans are not. To abort something is to end something

4. #64 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jet fuel < steel beams View Post
    I am high as balls.
    really? what's your poison these days?

---

Grind is basically right

5. #65 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Rad Dude View Post
    he's climbing. rasmussen, the most accurate poll in 2016, has him at 48%. many other polls are putting him mid 40's now as well.
    Monmouth shows 51% approval.
    pain in abortion.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Stretch For This Post:

BRUTALITOPS (03-13-2018)

7. #66 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,256 Times in 960 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 137 Times in 127 Posts
    Blog Entries

Apparently democrats do better when they moderate from the kooky idiots the past decade have given us.
    TRUMP! TRUMP! TRUMP! TRUMP! TRUMP! TRUMP! TRUMP!

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to J Craft For This Post:

Callinectes (03-14-2018), Stretch (03-13-2018)

9. #67 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Lamb 49.9%
    Saccone 49.5%
    99% of votes in
    pain in abortion.

10. #68 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Stretch View Post
    If Lamb wins (or not when it's this close) I think it sends a pretty clear message that a lot of Dems want no part of far left politics. It gives the DNC something to think about over their nominee choice for 2020.
    yeah I was looking into lamb and honestly he doesn't realy even sound that bad.

He believes in tax cuts for the middle class (complains about current tax cuts but at least he supports SOME tax cuts)

Gun control:

"He's called for a stronger system of background checks but no new gun restrictions. "

He supports trumps tarrifs (i am against tarrifs but it shows how he's not some super leftist)

https://www.cnn.com/2018/03/13/politics/pennsylvania-18th-lamb-saccone-on-the-issues/index.html

If this is the type of democrat that democrats have to run from now on I am all for it. No shrill feminists, no tokens. Just good ole classic old white guys that love guns. Just like I told BAC months ago how democrats are going to keep nominating centrist white guys and he can't do shit about it.

I don't care about party labels. If jeff flake won arizona again I'd be like "shit that sucks, jeff flake blows." I care about issues. He wants NO NEW GUN REGULATIONS. No wonder he's competitive in this distrcit. He's probably more conservative than half the rinos we have in the house.

---

Grind is basically right

11. #69 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,386 Times in 14,102 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 649 Times in 616 Posts

He believes in tax cuts for the middle class (complains about current tax cuts but at least he supports SOME tax cuts)

Gun control:

"He's called for a stronger system of background checks but no new gun restrictions. "

He supports trumps tarrifs (i am against tarrifs but it shows how he's not some super leftist)

https://www.cnn.com/2018/03/13/politics/pennsylvania-18th-lamb-saccone-on-the-issues/index.html

If this is the type of democrat that democrats have to run from now on I am all for it. No shrill feminists, no tokens. Just good ole classic old white guys that love guns. Just like I told BAC months ago how democrats are going to keep nominating centrist white guys and he can't do shit about it.

I don't care about party labels. If jeff flake won arizona again I'd be like "shit that sucks, jeff flake blows." I care about issues. He wants NO NEW GUN REGULATIONS. No wonder he's competitive in this distrcit. He's probably more conservative than half the rinos we have in the house.
    How many candidates have made promises that they've gone back on once in office?

12. #70 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,388 Times in 7,999 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 809 Times in 761 Posts

Gun control:

And you think you know a lot about politics?

Democrats have to be fairly conservative to win red districts. Republicans have to be kinda liberal to win blue districts.

Welcome to electoral politics. I'm planning a newsletter & will let you know when you can subscribe.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Cancel 2020.1 For This Post:

christiefan915 (03-14-2018)

14. #71 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Gun control:

"He's probably more conservative than half the rinos we have in the house."

There ya go!

CM9Vk66WIAAyzE8.jpg
    pain in abortion.

15. #72 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Thing1 View Post
    And you think you know a lot about politics?

Democrats have to be fairly conservative to win red districts. Republicans have to be kinda liberal to win blue districts.

Welcome to electoral politics. I'm planning a newsletter & will let you know when you can subscribe.
    kinda retarded for people to assume there is some repudiation of conservatism of even trump when this guy agrees with a decent amount of trump's proposals and would be a republican pretty much anywhere else in the nation. thats my point.

"ha we repudiated conservatism by running a conservative"

---

Grind is basically right

16. #73 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,388 Times in 7,999 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 809 Times in 761 Posts

kinda retarded for people to assume there is some repudiation of conservatism of even trump when this guy agrees with a decent amount of trump's proposals and would be a republican pretty much anywhere else in the nation. thats my point.

"ha we repudiated conservatism by running a conservative"
    I never said this election repudiated "conservatism." But I appreciate your need to spin.

17. #74 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,610 Times in 10,571 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 578 Times in 535 Posts
    Blog Entries

AP will not call a winner tonight.
    Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but rather we have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
    - -- Aristotle

Believe nothing on the faith of traditions, even though they have been held in honor for many generations and in diverse places. Do not believe a thing because many people speak of it. Do not believe on the faith of the sages of the past. Do not believe what you yourself have imagined, persuading yourself that a God inspires you. Believe nothing on the sole authority of your masters and priests. After examination, believe what you yourself have tested and found to be reasonable, and conform your conduct thereto.
    - -- The Buddha

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    - -- Aristotle

18. #75 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Thing1 View Post
    I never said this election repudiated "conservatism." But I appreciate your need to spin.
    why do you always come off desperate sounding? I've always got you on defense. "spin spin spin spin spin"

---

Grind is basically right