Thread: Trump hires first woman to head the CIA

1. #91 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,108 Times in 13,083 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Havana Moon View Post
    You're an idiot, get your facts straight first!!
    Welcome to my Ignore list. I hope you enjoyed your last endorphin rush from me.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

2. #92 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,219 Times in 3,171 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 239 Times in 227 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdog View Post
    We already know the tapes show water boarding
    yes, we know that. The question is in regards to whether or not she pushed for their destruction.

according to Wiki details (which could be erroneous)...https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2005_C...es_destruction

"Creation and destruction

Abu Zubaydah, the subject of many of the videotapes.
    The first high value detainee in CIA custody was Abu Zubaydah. He was held at a black site in Thailand starting in the spring of 2002.[6] Near the beginning of Zubaydah's detention, a video camera was set up to continuously tape him. Tapes were also made of another early CIA detainee, Abd al-Rahim al-Nashiri, who arrived in October. The tapes were made from April to December 2002.[7] Ninety tapes were made of Zubaydah and two of al-Nashiri. Twelve tapes depict interrogations using "enhanced interrogation" techniques.[3]

Soon after the taping had stopped, CIA clandestine operation officers were pushing for the tapes to be destroyed. However, the General Counsel of the CIA, Scott W. Muller, advised the CIA director, George Tenet, to not destroy the tapes on the CIA's authority. Instead, Muller notified the House and Senate Intelligence Committees in February 2003 that the CIA would like to have them destroyed. Representatives Porter Goss and Jane Harman thought that would be politically and legally risky.[1][2]

Days after the photographs from Abu Ghraib became public in May 2004, the CIA tapes were discussed among CIA and White House lawyers. Muller, representing the CIA, met with Alberto Gonzales, David Addington and John B. Bellinger III. The three White House lawyers recommended that the tapes not be destroyed.[1]

Tenet and Muller left the CIA in mid-2004.[2] By late 2004, several top leadership positions at the CIA had changed. Goss was Director, John A. Rizzo was acting General Counsel, and Jose A. Rodriguez Jr. was chief of the Directorate of Operations. There was also a new White House Counsel, Harriet Miers. In early 2005, Miers told Rizzo not to destroy the tapes without checking with the White House first.[1]

On November 4, 2005, just after the Washington Post had printed a story about the existence of secret prisons run by the CIA in Eastern Europe, Rodriguez called two CIA lawyers for their opinions. Steven Hermes, a clandestine service lawyer, told Rodriguez he had the authority to destroy the tapes. Robert Eatinger, the top lawyer at the CIA Counterterrorism Center, said there was no legal requirement to keep the tapes.[1] The AP reported that, as both lawyers knew of standing orders from the White House not to destroy the tapes, neither thought Rodriguez would immediately act based on their advice.[1]

Rodriguez sent a cable to the CIA's Bangkok station ordering the destruction of the tapes on November 8, 2005.[1][8] The cable was not copied to anyone other than Rodriguez's chief of staff. It was against standard procedure to act on the advice of agency lawyers without copying them on a decision.[1] Rodriguez informed Goss and Rizzo on November 10, 2005.[1] Rodriguez was never reprimanded for the destruction of the tapes.[8] According to Rodriguez's memoir, Gina Haspel was responsible for "draft[ing] a cable" ordering the destruction.[9]:"
    According to this... Rodriguez destroyed the tapes in 2005.

Yet the news is flashing this:

"When questions began to swirl about the Bush administration’s use of the “black sites,” and program of “enhanced interrogation,” the chief of base [Haspel] began pushing to have the tapes destroyed. She accomplished her mission years later when she rose to a senior position at CIA headquarters and drafted an order to destroy the evidence, which was still locked in a CIA safe at the American embassy in Thailand. Her boss, the head of the agency’s counterterrorism center, signed the order to feed the 92 tapes into a giant shredder."
    This indicates that it was years later.

So I would like to know if either is true.

3. #93 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,051 Times in 26,519 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,742 Times in 4,521 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Welcome to my Ignore list. I hope you enjoyed your last endorphin rush from me.
    You won't last long!

Sent from my Lenovo K8 using Tapatalk

4. #94 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,916 Times in 6,548 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,882 Times in 1,756 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Superfreak View Post
    Hillary had zero competency and yet she still won the popular vote... because she was a woman. All Dems care about is race and gender.
    it takes real balls to infer that anyone lacks competency after your non stop support for the most incompetent of them all. The Donald.

5. #95 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,316 Times in 10,506 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,917 Times in 4,233 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdog View Post
    You are sooooo easily duped

"ProPublica retracts part of Gina Haspel/Abu Zubaydah torture report.
    https://slate.com/news.../gina-haspe...retracted.html
    3 days ago - Olivier Doulier/Pool/Getty Images. Correction, March 15: ProPublica, which reported in 2017 that Gina Haspel supervised the torture of Abu Zubaydah, has retracted its report."

Dupe-ty Dupe doh duped

Page does not exist. Nice try, dumbass.

Where did I ever say she “supervised” his torture? Here’s the real trurh and there are endless othere articles to back it up.

Stupid fuck. Next time, provide a REAL link.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/outlo...125_story.html

6. #96 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

From your article stupid fuck.

“The February 2017 ProPublica story did accurately report that Haspel later rose to a senior position at CIA headquarters, where she pushed her bosses to destroy the tapes of Zubaydah’s waterboarding. Her direct boss, the head of the agency’s Counterterrorism Center, ultimately signed the order to feed the 92 tapes into a shredder. Her actions in that instance, and in the waterboarding of al-Nashiri, are likely to be the focus of questions at her confirmation hearings.”

7. #97 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by floridafan View Post
    it takes real balls to infer that anyone lacks competency after your non stop support for the most incompetent of them all. The Donald.
    It takes true ignorance to continue pretending I am a fan of Trump. While I agree with some of the things he has done, that doesn't mean I support everything he has done. But you don't care about that do you? You just wish to continue with your ignorance.

8. #98 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by domer76 View Post
    From your article stupid fuck.

“The February 2017 ProPublica story did accurately report that Haspel later rose to a senior position at CIA headquarters, where she pushed her bosses to destroy the tapes of Zubaydah’s waterboarding. Her direct boss, the head of the agency’s Counterterrorism Center, ultimately signed the order to feed the 92 tapes into a shredder. Her actions in that instance, and in the waterboarding of al-Nashiri, are likely to be the focus of questions at her confirmation hearings.”
    So you cherry pick one portion of it? The main claim was disproven. The second claim that she drafted an order to destroy the tapes is only sourced through a guys memoirs. The guy who ACTUALLY destroyed the tapes.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2005_C...es_destruction

9. #99 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,916 Times in 6,548 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,882 Times in 1,756 Posts
    Blog Entries

It takes true ignorance to continue pretending I am a fan of Trump. While I agree with some of the things he has done, that doesn't mean I support everything he has done. But you don't care about that do you? You just wish to continue with your ignorance.
    Would you direct us to a single post of your critical of this President?

10. #100 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Where did I ever say she “supervised” his torture? Here’s the real trurh and there are endless othere articles to back it up.

https://www.propublica.org/article/c...ent=1521153688

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Superfreak For This Post:

Bigdog (03-16-2018)

12. #101 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by floridafan View Post
    Would you direct us to a single post of your critical of this President?
    Go find any thread on tariffs.

Also... I have stated many times his non stop moronic tweets and name calling are pathetic.

13. #102 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

So you cherry pick one portion of it? The main claim was disproven. The second claim that she drafted an order to destroy the tapes is only sourced through a guys memoirs. The guy who ACTUALLY destroyed the tapes.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2005_C...es_destruction
    Cherry pick? lol

The irony is priceless!

14. #103 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,051 Times in 26,519 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,742 Times in 4,521 Posts
    Blog Entries

Why is Dumber76 always such an angry cunt?

Sent from my Lenovo K8 using Tapatalk

15. #104 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Cherry pick? lol

The irony is priceless!
    Yes moron. Cherry pick. You took one paragraph out of the entire article. An article that stated the main premise was wrong.

Then you point to a still unsubstantiated claim and pretend that is still correct. Only because it hasn't been shown incorrect yet.

But if you look at the post above where I highlighted the differences in time lines between the wiki article and the current media claims... kind of leaves doubt in terms of accuracy.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Superfreak For This Post:

Bigdog (03-16-2018)

17. #105 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Yes moron. Cherry pick. You took one paragraph out of the entire article. An article that stated the main premise was wrong.

Then you point to a still unsubstantiated claim and pretend that is still correct. Only because it hasn't been shown incorrect yet.

But if you look at the post above where I highlighted the differences in time lines between the wiki article and the current media claims... kind of leaves doubt in terms of accuracy.
    Covering up the evidence, bitch.

Spin it anyway you wish.