Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Trump is getting his grand military parade — but it will be missing something big

1. #61 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,394 Times in 5,099 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 908 Times in 849 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Thing1 View Post
    Classic narcissism.
    JFK was a narcissist?

2. #62 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Phantasmal View Post
    That was probably due to the times, the Cold War was heating up and besides, most people on here weren’t born or in my case, very young. Still unnecessary in my opinion, I’d rather see classic cars and vets riding in them!
    As I thought, different standard for a Democrat.

3. The Following User Groans At Cancel 2018.2 For This Awful Post:

Nordberg (03-10-2018)

4. #63 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 54,769 Times in 33,632 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,065 Times in 4,683 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Yaya View Post
    The number of people who attended the 1991 parade far exceeded expectations and was close to a million people. You don't represent the entire country.

Obama's 2009 inauguration cost the taxpayers about a hundred million dollars. And the same again in 2013.

I bet dollars to donuts you and other liberals complaining about this 30 million had no problem with Obama spending about 200 million for his inaugurations.
    Aren't inaugurations paid for by donations? I have no problem with parades that are sponsored, have the Mercer’s pay for it.

5. #64 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Aren't inaugurations paid for by donations? I have no problem with parades that are sponsored, have the Mercer’s pay for it.
    Less than half.. The rest is by us.

But the biggest share of the cost, by far, comes from the extensive security network required, transportation and emergency services, and cleanup. The feds spent $115 million in 2005 and $124 million in 2009, according to media reports. (The District, Virginia and Maryland are reimbursed for most of the expenses they incur.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifes...=.041ad43e65a8

Why don't most liberals have a problem with that?

6. #65 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Less than half.. The rest is by us.

But the biggest share of the cost, by far, comes from the extensive security network required, transportation and emergency services, and cleanup. The feds spent $115 million in 2005 and $124 million in 2009, according to media reports. (The District, Virginia and Maryland are reimbursed for most of the expenses they incur.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifes...=.041ad43e65a8

Why don't most liberals have a problem with that?
    Who says we don’t? It’s a tradition I wouldn’t mind ending, or it is funded totally by donations.

7. #66 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Who says we don’t? It’s a tradition I wouldn’t mind ending, or it is funded totally by donations.
    Did you complain about it back then? Perhaps you can link me to liberals complaining about the cost of Obama's inauguration.

8. #67 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Did you complain about it back then? Perhaps you can link me to liberals complaining about the cost of Obama's inauguration.
    This parade is not an inagauration parade.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Phantasmal For This Post:

TTQ64 (03-11-2018)

10. #68 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,567 Times in 17,094 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,575 Times in 4,254 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle Eye View Post
    No we complained that Obama and Michelle could never get their "schedules" synced and flew in two different planes or when they had a date night in NYC and flew in AF1 to get there. That dear was a waste of money! Besides the parade is scheduled for veterans day do you have a problem with that?
    And the Trumps can live in different states, but that is OK. Trump only flies off to a resort about once a week. WTF is wrong with you rightys. Is logic foreign to you?

11. #69 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Lol, Jaded thinks this parade will bankrupt this country. If this was Obama's parade you liberals would praising him for strengthening morale.
    Why do you make such outrageous claims? You just make shit up and think it is real.

12. #70 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,579 Times in 15,814 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,951 Times in 1,862 Posts

What a Wounded Veteran Thinks of Trump’s VA Reform
    http://dailysignal.com/2017/06/25/wo...mps-va-reform/
    Sgt. Mike Verardo’s military career ended seven years ago because of an improvised explosive device in Afghanistan, but he said the worst part of his injuries was dealing with a “broken VA” when he returned home.

He had to go to the Department of Veterans Affairs hospital weekly, wait 57 days for a prosthetic leg, make long drives to VA medical centers to verify he had injuries and undergo more than 100 surgeries. He said the doctors were patriotic and cared about veterans, but much of the bureaucracy failed those returning home from war.

“When I came home it was incredibly difficult going once a week to the VA trying to get the basic care that I needed,” Verardo told The Daily Signal in an interview at the White House shortly after President Donald Trump signed legislation to hold VA staff more accountable and improve service to veterans.

In the East Room, surrounded by veterans groups, Trump signed the Department of Veterans Affairs Accountability and Whistleblower Protection Act of 2017.

The bill was set up to create a new streamlined process to remove, demote, or suspend any VA employee for poor performance or misconduct. It also provides expanded protections for whistleblowers and bars the VA from using this removal authority if the employee has an open whistleblower complaint.

The new law also allows the VA secretary to to reduce an employee’s federal pension if he is convicted of a felony that influenced his job at the VA and to directly appoint individuals to the positions of medical center director at VA centers.

“President Trump definitely engaged with the veterans on his campaign. He definitely listened to what we had to say,” Verardo told The Daily Signal.

The president talked about the 2014 VA waiting list scandal, in which the department’s inspector general determined that some VA medical centers’ falsified waiting lists led to denied care and in some cases deaths.

13. #71 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

JFK was a narcissist?
    No. Trump is, This thread is about Trump and his wanting a grand parade after so many years without one. Lets ponder. If JFK was a narcissist, then the parade is fine? JFK is a justification for this parade, because someone over 60 years ago had one? Sometimes logic escapes me. Is it possible that you cannot follow a thread? Many of the people here were not even born when this grand and glorious JFK parade happened.

Bush had one in 1991. Not as grand as the one Trump wants. Ike had one in 1953. remember those ones? We got over that shit and grew up. Now mostly 3rd world nations do it to show the world how tough they are. I guess that appeals to trump. He does not know we have the strongest military in the world. It goes along with Trumps incessant bragging.

Lets see 30 million this year. 35 next year, maybe 40 the year after. yeah lets blow some money on showing off. Trump should have a parade of draft dodgers. It could be led by those with bone spurs and each regiment would have a different excuse for evading the draft.

14. #72 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

This parade is not an inagauration parade.
    Both are military parades. Trump is just having his on Veterans day whereas JFK had his on his inauguration. The day do not determine whether it is a military parade. He had tanks with missiles rolling down the avenue.

I'm not surprised you're defending parades when a liberal has one.

15. #73 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Nordberg View Post
    No. Trump is, This thread is about Trump and his wanting a grand parade after so many years without one. Lets ponder. If JFK was a narcissist, then the parade is fine? JFK is a justification for this parade, because someone over 60 years ago had one? Sometimes logic escapes me. Is it possible that you cannot follow a thread? Many of the people here were not even born when this grand and glorious JFK parade happened.

Bush had one in 1991. Not as grand as the one Trump wants. Ike had one in 1953. remember those ones? We got over that shit and grew up. Now mostly 3rd world nations do it to show the world how tough they are. I guess that appeals to trump. He does not know we have the strongest military in the world. It goes along with Trumps incessant bragging.
    LMAO, another double standard lib. Trump is a narcissist for doing what Kennedy did, but of course Kennedy isn't a narcissist for having a military parade.

How do you look at yourself in the mirror with such dishonest thinking?

16. #74 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Nordberg View Post
    Why do you make such outrageous claims? You just make shit up and think it is real.
    Are you denying she said it would bankrupt this country?

17. #75 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jade Dragon View Post
    Fuck this country's crap. What a disgrace we're becoming. So much for the no spending repubs. Go ahead repubs bankrupt the country, and put your group six feet under. Lets piss some Trumpkins off, since I feel like shit, and get this crap.