Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Maryland bans assault rifles

1. #106 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 21 Times in 20 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by domer76 View Post
    Heller says no such thing and you know it. It’s not my job to educate the willfully ignorant.
    Heller only needed one leg of the Miller protection criteria to decide the case (is the arm a type in common use by the citizenry at the time?).

The other Miller criteria didn't go away . . . they will be applied when a law banning assault weapons comes before the Court (is the arm a type that is "part of the ordinary military equipment or that its use could contribute to the common defense"?).
    Last edited by Abatis; 03-19-2018 at 06:14 PM.
    GUN CONTROL LAWS ARE OSHA REGULATIONS FOR VIOLENT CRIMINALS

2. #107 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

As I know what Heller says and that is does NOT say what he claims, I need no rebuttal.
    You only "know" what some leftist blogger/columnist has written about Heller.

You have no independent knowledge, you have not developed any scholarship on the subject, you have no respect for the fundamental rights theory of the Constitution. You are nothing but a fountain of confirmation bias and anti-liberty leftism.

3. #108 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,335 Times in 22,664 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,239 Times in 2,979 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Taichiliberal View Post
    Ahh, states rights vs. federal gov't rulings...interesting.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...-rules-n724106
    Irony; you can't spell F A I L better than L I B E R A L.

Gun Control Fail: Baltimore ‘Killings per Capita’ Rate Breaks Record

Baltimore has an “assault weapons” ban, a “high capacity” magazine ban, a handgun purchaser fingerprint requirement, and a record rate of “killings per capita.”

The previous record was 55.35 homicides per 100,000 residents. The Baltimore Sun reports that 2017 set a new record rate of 55.8.

As of December 28, Baltimore had witnessed 343 homicides in 2017. That is slightly short of the record 344 witnessed in 2015, yet the homicide rate is higher this year because the city has fewer residents.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...breaks-record/
    "When government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."

A lie doesn't become the truth, wrong doesn't become right, and evil doesn't become good just because it is accepted by a majority.
    Author: Booker T. Washington

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Unless you just can't stand the idea of "ni**ers" teaching white kids.

Quote Originally Posted by AProudLefty View Post
    Address the topic, not other posters.

4. #109 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,173 Times in 10,391 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,876 Times in 4,194 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Abatis View Post
    You only "know" what some leftist blogger/columnist has written about Heller.

You have no independent knowledge, you have not developed any scholarship on the subject, you have no respect for the fundamental rights theory of the Constitution. You are nothing but a fountain of confirmation bias and anti-liberty leftism.
    Scalia is a leftist?

5. #110 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Scalia is a leftist?
    LOL.

No, but when a know-nothing leftist like you is quoting Scalia, we can be sure you are parroting someone who is overreading chopped quotes, misrepresenting what it says and drawing completely unsupported conclusions from the statement. Lord knows you argee with the guy you are cutting & pasting, but you are utterly incapable intellectually, of explaining why his opinion is correct on your own. Such are the pitfalls of accepting confirmation bias as research and presenting confirmation bias as your argument.
    Last edited by Abatis; 03-19-2018 at 06:22 PM.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Abatis For This Post:

Truth Detector (03-25-2018)

7. #111 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

LOL.

No, but when a know-nothing leftist like you is quoting Scalia, we can be sure you are parroting someone who is overreading chopped quotes, misrepresenting what it says and drawing completely unsupported conclusions from the statement. Lord knows you argee with the guy but you are utterly incapable intellectually, of explaining why his opinion is correct. Such are the pitfalls of accepting and presenting confirmation bias as your argument.
    lol

Don’t hold your breath on that, pally. Better yet, DO hold your breath.

8. #112 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,883 Times in 2,239 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 124 Times in 120 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Taichiliberal View Post
    Ahh, states rights vs. federal gov't rulings...interesting.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...-rules-n724106
    Yet another lie of "omission"............Assault weapons have been banned previously. Simply because a weapon "looks like" a military style weapon does not make it a military style weapon. The lefties go bat shit crazy when someone owns a mirror imagine of an M-16 that does not have the capacity to fire automatically........but...are as quit as a mouse fart when it comes to bitching about a tired and true MILITARY WEAPON that is responsible for killing millions of human beings.......the 308 or 30.06 bolt action long rifle, which anyone that can pass a background check can purchase any time they want.

What IDIOTS. The real upset comes from these WEAPONS that mirror the 16s and Grease guns (mack autos used by gang bangers)....these grease guns were designed to be used by the military to use the same ammo as the 45. cal side arm in the TANK UNITS.....the grease gun functioned in a fully auto mode and was good only in close quarter combat as you could not hit a barn with them......the problem today are the propaganda war game videos endorsed by the supposed FREE SPEECH leftists that have no problem with this mirrored image being piped into the mind in an unlimited fashion void of any parental supervision when it comes to our children.....this is why these CHILDREN CRIMINALS want these supposed assault weapon knockoffs......when in all reality a well trained individual with scoped in 308 or 30.06 along with a couple of side arm back ups like a 17 round Glock....can do a great deal more damage in a place like a school.

Of course if you prefer large crowds in order to kill hundreds of innocent men women and children......you surely have to have a fully functioning auto of some sort.....or the capacity to fire as rapidly as a full auto.....like the bump stock spring set up....it would still take more than one weapon. The problem I have with the Las Vegas shooting is the fact that no one thought it strange that multiple weapons and hundreds of rounds ammo were found in one room. There had to be inside help somewhere along the line. Again....it was already illegal to shoot widely into a crowd of innocent people....but those laws did not save the day. Why would more laws that only effect the law abiding citizens make any difference when someone wants to break the law? As pap used to say about a "pad lock" on a tool shed.....the only thing a pad lock does is keep an honest man honest...if someone wants your stuff.....he will get it.

But this story is HORSE SHIT........these laws already exist in Maryland, they simply have never been enforced.....just like all the other superfluous laws on the books. This simply another case of the left steeping on dead bodies in order to promote a political agenda. Never allow a good crisis to go to waste.
    Last edited by Ralph; 03-19-2018 at 06:46 PM.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Ralph For This Post:

10. #113 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 124 Times in 114 Posts

I reckon these surrendered, helpless states will be the first under martial law and established as hubs of UN operations against the non compliant states ? it is really happening. something is really happening. stand by.
    Even so, Come, Lord Jesus
    I do not participate in delusion count me out

11. The Following User Says Thank You to iewitness For This Post:

12. #114 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by iewitness View Post
    I reckon these surrendered, helpless states will be the first under martial law and established as hubs of UN operations against the non compliant states ? it is really happening. something is really happening. stand by.
    You mean FASCISM? And you think that surprises anyone when they are speaking about any leftist agenda?

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Ralph For This Post:

14. #115 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

lol

Don’t hold your breath on that, pally. Better yet, DO hold your breath.
    I will not be holding my breath; I have no expectation that you will EVER present any factual, legal, supported argument.

You are nothing but a vulgar authoritarian, an anti-intellectual with a carnal need to control others . . .

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Abatis For This Post:

16. #116 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I will not be holding my breath; I have no expectation that you will EVER present any factual, legal, supported argument.

You are nothing but a vulgar authoritarian, an anti-intellectual with a carnal need to control others . . .

17. #117 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph View Post
    You mean FASCISM? And you think that surprises anyone when they are speaking about any leftist agenda?
    it is the same old thing on a different day to me; however, I know this is to be their final holocaust before Jesus ends their confederacy. I am a witness and this is what I see.

18. #118 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

it is the same old thing on a different day to me; however, I know this is to be their final holocaust before Jesus ends their confederacy. I am a witness and this is what I see.
    As for me....I agree with the message the Lord delivered, "But of that day (concerning the 2nd coming) and hour no one knows, not even the angels of heaven, nor the Son (Jesus Himself), but the Father alone." -- Matt. 24:36. So the Christ gives us all good advise, take each day and treat it as if TODAY is that day and do not be surprised the way the generation of Noah was after literally being given a time frame......so, STARY PREPARED everyday. -- Matthew 24:36-44. The Christ tells us, "Therefore you also be ready, for the Son of Man is coming at an hour you do not expect."

Its a simple thing, everyday, defend that which is truth, that which is right......and battle against those who would bring destruction upon us all. In this nation....the simpleton snowflakes are the greatest danger to this nation, as they do not know what real freedom is all about or what is necessary to defend that privilege they have been granted by the Greatest Generation.

19. The Following User Groans At Ralph For This Awful Post:

Nordberg (03-26-2018)

20. #119 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph View Post
    As for me....I agree with the message the Lord delivered, "But of that day (concerning the 2nd coming) and hour no one knows, not even the angels of heaven, nor the Son (Jesus Himself), but the Father alone." -- Matt. 24:36. So the Christ gives us all good advise, take each day and treat it as if TODAY is that day and do not be surprised the way the generation of Noah was after literally being given a time frame......so, STARY PREPARED everyday. -- Matthew 24:36-44. The Christ tells us, "Therefore you also be ready, for the Son of Man is coming at an hour you do not expect."

Its a simple thing, everyday, defend that which is truth, that which is right......and battle against those who would bring destruction upon us all. In this nation....the simpleton snowflakes are the greatest danger to this nation, as they do not know what real freedom is all about or what is necessary to defend that privilege they have been granted by the Greatest Generation.
    it is simple due diligence. we; you, me and everyone on this forum are the generation of the fig tree; [the context of the scripture you cited] http://biblehub.com/kjv/matthew/24.htm esp. 32-35. there is no excuse for ignorance of who we are, where we are, and what time it is. it could be considered a matter of situational awareness. no excuses. I will apply this scripture... they have the law [Moses] and the prophets... esp. 29-31...http://biblehub.com/kjv/luke/16.htm I must say that "Learn the parable of the fig tree" is not a suggestion. it is an imperative to learn the parable of the fig tree. it is an order to disciplines of Christ to learn the parable of the fig tree. that is all I am going to say about that.
    Last edited by iewitness; 03-19-2018 at 08:28 PM.

21. #120 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

it is simple due diligence. we; you, me and everyone on this forum are the generation of the fig tree; [the context of the scripture you cited] http://biblehub.com/kjv/matthew/24.htm esp. 32-35. there is no excuse for ignorance of who we are, where we are, and what time it is. it could be considered a matter of situational awareness. no excuses. I will apply this scripture... they have the law [Moses] and the prophets... esp. 29-31...http://biblehub.com/kjv/luke/16.htm I must say that "Learn the parable of the fig tree" is not a suggestion. it is an imperative to learn the parable of the fig tree. it is an order to disciplines of Christ to learn the parable of the fig tree. that is all I am going to say about that.
    To me....the fig tree analogy was fulfilled when Rome Destroyed the City of Jerusalem and ended the nation of Biblical Israel. Just as prophesied in both the Old Book, (The Book of Dan.) and the New Testament (Matthew 24) As the Christ did say that some of the men there by His side would be standing alive when these things happened.

Jesus warned His disciples that Jerusalem would SOON fall (Matthew 23:36) "All these things will come upon THIS GENERATION." (Matthew 24:36) ".....THIS GENERATION will by no means pass away until till ALL THESE THINGS TAKE PLACE."

One can't say that Jesus was speaking of some distant generation when he made it clear, "ASSUREDLY.....THERE ARE SOME STANDING HERE.......who shall not taste death until they see the Son of Man coming with His Kingdom." -- Mathew 16:28. Of course the Kingdom He was speaking of was HIS CHURCH ON EARTH.....that began the day He uttered ITS FINISHED. What was finished? All that He came to fulfill, including the Old Law with the ushering in of a new Covenant, the last covenant, THE LAST DAYS OF MANKIND....the New Testament Covenant of Christ Jesus.

Jesus clearly referenced the Book of Daniel in (LUKE 21:20) When He declared the end of Jerusalem and Israel would be near when you see Armies encircling that city. Israel was destroyed by Rome in the 1st century....and ceased to exist upon earth until a nation calling itself Israel was constructed by UN edict in the 20th century, that can in no way claim to be Biblical Israel...because its not governed by a King, nor does it have a Royal Priesthood.....but a government set up man....not God.

The True Israel exists as Christians.....a religion that took both Israel and Gentiles and formed one NATION....under Abraham, "There is neither Greek nor Jew......all have become one through Christ Jesus and Heirs to the promise of Abraham." -- Gal. 3:3-29

Ask any Jew living in modern Israel if they accept Jesus as he Messiah of prophecy as did the remainder of Israel in the 1st century? They are supposed to be ONE if they want to be heirs to the promise of Abraham......to encircle the earth with one nation, a spiritual nation...called Christianity.

There are many misunderstandings to the Chapter of Matthew 24. People tend to overlap the 2 different times lines Jesus was speaking about.....one was the destruction of the City of Jerusalem along with the nation of Israel.....and another timeline was one that He admittedly KNEW NOT WHEN IT Would come about...the END, judgment day....only the Father knows when the 2nd coming will take place....it will be like a thief in the night.....all the earth will be destroyed. Just like the Apostle of Christ declared in 2 Peter 3:10, THE VERY ELEMENTS OF OUR ENTIRE SOLAR SYSTEM WILL BE DESTROYED, ENGULFED IN FLAME. A guess...would be that our star will suddenly go supernova or cast some solar flares that will cross the earths orbit destroying our atmosphere. But it will come...suddenly without warning. THE END.
    Last edited by Ralph; 03-19-2018 at 09:53 PM.