Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread: Russia Scandal: Did Hillary Clinton Seed FBI's Trump Investigation?

1. #91 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,014 Times in 8,040 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,672 Times in 1,550 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Teflon Don View Post
    No they didn't. They withheld who actually paid for the dossier and only mentioned that it was "political". Even Schiff admits that
    It was REPUBLICANS who initially hired Steele to dig up dirt on Trump to begin with, so by your own standards, the FBI would've had to mention that as well.

But since their synopsis did not require that level of detail in order to give the court a thorough and complete picture of the evidence they had, which justified the warrant, it's a moot point anyway. Saying that the dossier's origins were political in nature covered both parties involvement without wasting the court's time with unnecessary detail.

But you just keep on flailing, though.

It's fun to watch.
    https://i.postimg.cc/PqVCnGks/gojoe1.jpg
    C'MON MAN!!!!

2. #92 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by kudzu View Post
    Neither is true.. Hillary had no contact with Steele.. He was hired by a lawfirm representing the DNC.. and Trump is an unmitigated fool.. Obama NEVER wiretapped Trump.. The FBI was monitoring Manafort and Cater Page and communication with the Russian Embassy before Trump announced his candidacy..

Trump is so impossibly stupid.. and you lap it up.
    "Hillary had no contact with Steele.. He was hired by a lawfirm representing the DNC"...

And even that was after the Republicans had already hired him.

These Repukes lie constantly because it's all they've got.

The truth is not their friend.
    C'MON MAN!!!!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Nomad For This Post:

kudzu (03-09-2018)

4. #93 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,622 Times in 8,086 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 639 Times in 618 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    It was REPUBLICANS who initially hired Steele to dig up dirt on Trump to begin with, so by your own standards, the FBI would've had to mention that as well.

But since their synopsis did not require that level of detail in order to give the court a thorough and complete picture of the evidence they had, which justified the warrant, it's a moot point anyway. Saying that the dossier's origins were political in nature covered both parties involvement without wasting the court's time with unnecessary detail.

But you just keep on flailing, though.

It's fun to watch.

So you don't think it would matter to a FISA judge whether the information was paid for by Hillary Clinton vs Club For Growth?

And yes, I believe that the FBI should have told them ALL of the origins of the Steele Dossier including the GOP.

You are back pedaling and I understand. Because once it is shown that the FBI took unprecedented actions with this FISA warrant, your entire Mueller investigation comes crumbling down. Manafort goes free. Flynn goes free. It is just that simple

And if you can't take Trump out via impeachment, you know you can't beat him at the ballot box in 2020. You know that deep down.

5. #94 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,324 Times in 2,774 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 215 Times in 209 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by hvilleherb View Post
    Hillary hired Steele to do the dossier, Obama illegally wiretapped Trump.

Trump Offers No Apology for Claim on British Spying

MARCH 17, 2017
    President Trump provoked a rare public dispute with America’s closest ally on Friday after his White House aired an explosive and unsubstantiated claim that Britain’s spy agency had secretly eavesdropped on him at the behest of President Barack Obama during last year’s campaign.

Livid British officials adamantly denied the allegation and secured promises from senior White House officials never to repeat it. But a defiant Mr. Trump refused to back down, making clear that the White House had nothing to retract or apologize for because his spokesman had simply repeated an assertion made by a Fox News commentator.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/03/17/w...etap-gchq.html

Fox axes ‘expert’ who said GCHQ spied on Trump

MARCH 22, 2017
    The legal expert who claimed British spies bugged Donald Trump during his election campaign has been dropped by Fox News.

Retired judge Andrew Napolitano’s allegation that GCHQ helped former president Barack Obama wiretap Trump Tower sparked a diplomatic row last week when it was repeated by White House press secretary Sean Spicer. Mr Trump also described Mr Napolitano as a ‘very talented legal mind

https://www.metro.news/fox-axes-expe...-trump/544985/

LOL. It takes a stable genius to recognize a very talented mind.

6. #95 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

So you don't think it would matter to a FISA judge whether the information was paid for by Hillary Clinton vs Club For Growth?

And yes, I believe that the FBI should have told them ALL of the origins of the Steele Dossier including the GOP.

You are back pedaling and I understand. Because once it is shown that the FBI took unprecedented actions with this FISA warrant, your entire Mueller investigation comes crumbling down. Manafort goes free. Flynn goes free. It is just that simple

And if you can't take Trump out via impeachment, you know you can't beat him at the ballot box in 2020. You know that deep down.
    So, you're just going to keep on ignoring the fact that the Republicans were the ones who initially hired Steele and paid him to start digging up dirt on Trump?

As has been explained to you trollbots over and over to no avail, the Steele Dossier was only one small piece of a larger group of evidence the FBI had amassed in order to justify getting a warrant. They probably could've excluded the dossier completely and still gotten the application approved.

As long as they made sure the judge understood that the dossier was initially compiled for political purposes, I doubt it would have made any difference who specifically paid for it. A federal judge is assumed to be savvy and intelligent enough to understand that by "political" they meant Trump's political opponents. People who were looking to discredit and politically damage him.

And also that the political reason for commissioning it does not mean the information found is not true.

You just keep on twisting and squirming though.

Your desperation is amusing.
    C'MON MAN!!!!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Nomad For This Post:

kudzu (03-09-2018)

8. #96 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,879 Times in 6,106 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 594 Times in 580 Posts
    Blog Entries

"Hillary had no contact with Steele.. He was hired by a lawfirm representing the DNC"...

And even that was after the Republicans had already hired him.

These Repukes lie constantly because it's all they've got.

The truth is not their friend.
    Do you think they lie deliberately, or do you think they really don't know the facts? Fox News is all about their hard right audience..

9. #97 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,604 Times in 2,269 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 163 Times in 155 Posts

Do you think they lie deliberately, or do you think they really don't know the facts? Fox News is all about their hard right audience..
    Selective omission of facts to create a narrative.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Mr.Badguy For This Post:

Nomad (03-09-2018)

11. #98 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

It's gotta be deliberate. As much as I hate to give them credit for having enough brains to know the truth, nobody could be as constantly wrong on the facts of just about everything as they are, through mere stupidity alone.

There has to be a very large portion of nefarious, dishonest and deceptive intent involved.

It's just their nature.
    C'MON MAN!!!!

12. #99 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,879 Times in 6,106 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 594 Times in 580 Posts
    Blog Entries

Are you listening? The FISA warrants were in place before Trump ever announced his candidacy .. Manafort, Page were under surveillance by 2014-2015 .. and Trump's Russian money laundering has been on the radar since 2006.

13. #100 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Are you listening? The FISA warrants were in place before Trump ever announced his candidacy .. Manafort, Page were under surveillance by 2014-2015 .. and Trump's Russian money laundering has been on the radar since 2006.
    Cite

14. #101 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

So, you're just going to keep on ignoring the fact that the Republicans were the ones who initially hired Steele and paid him to start digging up dirt on Trump?

Never ignored it. I think it should have been revealed to the FISA court as well

As has been explained to you trollbots over and over to no avail, the Steele Dossier was only one small piece of a larger group of evidence the FBI had amassed in order to justify getting a warrant. They probably could've excluded the dossier completely and still gotten the application approved.

If that were true, then why did the FISA court deny the warrant in June?

As long as they made sure the judge understood that the dossier was initially compiled for political purposes, I doubt it would have made any difference who specifically paid for it. A federal judge is assumed to be savvy and intelligent enough to understand that by "political" they meant Trump's political opponents. People who were looking to discredit and politically damage him.

Because of the nature of what they can do with this information, it is incumbent upon the FBI to be completely transparent. You are being disingenuous saying that it wouldn't matter if the judge knew Hillary paid for it

And also that the political reason for commissioning it does not mean the information found is not true.

Did I say it was? Lying to the FISA court is relevant and renders it meaningless even if it is true. How many perps walk free because of some bullshit technicality

You just keep on twisting and squirming though.

Your desperation is amusing.
    I get that you Trump haters are so desperate to get him that you can't see straight. I also get that you realize that if you can't impeach him, he gets re-elected in 2020. You know it.

But, you should really want this FISA warrant done right. How bad would it be for you if they really have the goods on Trump but it all gets thrown out because the FBI didn't follow the right due process? Happens all the time in courts all across America. Guilty folks go free all the time because of some prosecutorial misstep.

15. #102 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 27 Times in 27 Posts

But that didn't happen this time.
    How could you possibly know that? Are you some sorta ace Liberal mind reader or some such?

16. #103 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by OldMercsRule View Post
    How could you possibly know that? Are you some sorta ace Liberal mind reader or some such?
    How could you possibly know the reason you gave is why he copped the plea deal? Are you some sorta ace Conturd mind reader or some such?
    C'MON MAN!!!!

17. #104 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 27 Times in 27 Posts

How could you possibly know the reason you gave is why he copped the plea deal? Are you some sorta ace Conturd mind reader or some such?
    Here is what I said: "A lot of people "cop a plea" to avoid getting crushed by a special Federal Prosecutor: derp." How does a statement of fact indicate mind readin': Einstein? You made an unsupported statement about another's intentions. You are pretty stupid aren't you: dip stick?

18. #105 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by OldMercsRule View Post
    Here is what I said: "A lot of people "cop a plea" to avoid getting crushed by a special Federal Prosecutor: derp." How does a statement of fact indicate mind readin': Einstein? You made an unsupported statement about another's intentions. You are pretty stupid aren't you: dip stick?
    You made the statement about why Papadopoulos copped a plea deal in direct response to the question posed to you: "So then why did Papadopolous cop to a plea?", in effect telling us your version of the reason why he did so.

So IOW, you made an unsupported statement about another's intentions. You are pretty stupid aren't you: dip stick?

Don't bother answering. I already know the correct response is YES.

Idiot.
    C'MON MAN!!!!