Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: White Privilege 101

1. #211 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 552 Times in 487 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gotcha68 View Post
    I sat in a theater last night and listened to Jane Elliot speak about racism. At one point she asked the audience (predominantly white) whether they believed racism was better or worse today than before. Most of the audience said it was better. Then she asked how many white people in the audience would be willing to spend the day as a black person even if you knew you could go back to being white tomorrow? Not a single person raised their hand. She said that means you know racism hasn't gotten any better and you want no part of it.

How many white men on here would be willing to change their skin color for a day and go about their day to day activities? Be honest.
    Liberals think they can change human nature. Racism is part of the human makeup. It is an instinct born from tribal instinct thousands of years ago and it is impossible to eliminate.

As a free people, we have instilled constitutional rights for every american citizen and those rights are protected by laws. practicing racism is not a crime, it is part of the human condition and it only becomes a crime when it leads to a violation of someone else's constitutional rights.

Liberals try to use mind control to eliminate it and this is totalitarian.

2. #212 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 552 Times in 487 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post
    I get why you're scared. I bet the stegosaurs were too, when they saw that meteor headed their way.
    Everything I told you .. feminist, is absolutely true.

Go ahead and try to deny any part of it.

3. #213 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,824 Times in 8,868 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 896 Times in 801 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by philly rabbit View Post
    Liberals think they can change human nature. Racism is part of the human makeup. It is an instinct born from tribal instinct thousands of years ago and it is impossible to eliminate.

As a free people, we have instilled constitutional rights for every american citizen and those rights are protected by laws. practicing racism is not a crime, it is part of the human condition and it only becomes a crime when it leads to a violation of someone else's constitutional rights.

ONE-N-DONE, YOU GOT PLAYED; Time To Play-On
    Remember ... ELECTIONS HAVE CONSEQUENCES ... So STFU Bitch

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Bourbon For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (03-09-2018)

5. #214 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,812 Times in 6,202 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 493 Times in 469 Posts
    Blog Entries

I sat in a theater last night and listened to Jane Elliot speak about racism. At one point she asked the audience (predominantly white) whether they believed racism was better or worse today than before. Most of the audience said it was better. Then she asked how many white people in the audience would be willing to spend the day as a black person even if you knew you could go back to being white tomorrow? Not a single person raised their hand. She said that means you know racism hasn't gotten any better and you want no part of it.

How many white men on here would be willing to change their skin color for a day and go about their day to day activities? Be honest.
    That's one of the stupidest things I've ever heard.

Every life matters

6. #215 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 54,780 Times in 33,639 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,065 Times in 4,683 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by philly rabbit View Post

Wrong, so wrong, and fortunately, dinosaurs like you are dying off. My son is dating a beautiful black woman, the young are a future to a better world because they don’t believe the bs you spew. They embrace the human race.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Phantasmal For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (03-09-2018)

8. #216 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by countryboy View Post
    That's one of the stupidest things I've ever heard.

How about you? Would you be black for a day? Why won’t you answer the question? I sincerely doubt you would.

9. #217 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Phantasmal View Post
    How about you? Would you be black for a day? Why won’t you answer the question? I sincerely doubt you would.
    What would it accomplish? Can I be any black person? Can I be Caucasian for a day too?

Hey, I've got an idea, how about we just be ourselves?

Every life matters

10. #218 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

What would it accomplish? Can I be any black person? Can I be Caucasian for a day too?

Hey, I've got an idea, how about we just be ourselves?

Nice dodge

11. #219 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Nice dodge
    Back at ya. Can I be Caucasian for a day too, or not? You probably don't want us Hispanics posing as white people. I understand.
    Every life matters

12. #220 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,424 Times in 16,412 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,433 Times in 1,355 Posts
    Blog Entries

She's interesting, is she not? A bit different experience when the audience is primarily black, though...but she does deliver a most powerful message.
    That racism is learned. Odd that she would chose to kick around a group of young children as part of the experiment...and then suggest a similar project... that people spend the day as a person of another color....she is fascinating...
    So....How do you think we get everyone else on board? ..."We could destroy it (racism), if we had to. But that would take education."
    What about that "human race concept"? When do our children start to learn that? When does racism begin

13. #221 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Back at ya. Can I be Caucasian for a day too, or not? You probably don't want us Hispanics posing as white people. I understand.
    Hispanics isn’t a race, it’s an ethnicity and you are either white, or black, generally. There is no Hispanic race.

The question still stands and you are still dodging it.

14. #222 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hispanics isn’t a race, it’s an ethnicity and you are either white, or black, generally. There is no Hispanic race.

The question still stands and you are still dodging it.
    Really? Mexicans aren't "people of color"? Then why do libs accuse conservatives of "hating brown people" when we oppose illegal immigration?

No, I wouldn't be black for a day. For one thing, it would accomplish nothing, for another, it's not truly possible. It's just another idiotic hypothetical "gotcha" talking point by leftist loons.
    Every life matters

15. The Following User Says Thank You to countryboy For This Post:

TOP (03-09-2018)

16. #223 | Top
    Living in rural America, "clinging to guns and religion"
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,520 Times in 16,980 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 522 Times in 502 Posts

Really? Mexicans aren't "people of color"? Then why do libs accuse conservatives of "hating brown people" when we oppose illegal immigration?

No, I wouldn't be black for a day. For one thing, it would accomplish nothing, for another, it's not truly possible. It's just another idiotic hypothetical "gotcha" talking point by leftist loons.
    ...and she bites like a fish on a worm.
    Common sense is not a gift, it's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone who doesn't have it.

17. #224 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,362 Times in 14,089 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 649 Times in 616 Posts

Have you shared what your background or ethnicity is before? (honest question)

18. #225 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post
    Have you shared what your background or ethnicity is before? (honest question)
    Yes, I have. I am a Mexican American, third generation. My grandparents on both sides immigrated to the United States legally.
    Every life matters

19. The Following User Says Thank You to countryboy For This Post:

cawacko (03-09-2018)