Thread: Andrea Yates Trial

1. #16 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,608 Times in 10,570 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 578 Times in 535 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Brent
    How long ago was that? Perhaps the wards in Texas are just as bad. But if they're ANYTHING like the ones in CA, OR, or WA, I strongly favor puting her in prison instead. For your information, the place my friend works at is FREE for anyone who happens to be a sexually-violent, menally-ill criminal.
    Having TV isn't something they'd be doing without in Prison... And if I had my druthers all "reason of insanities" would go to a special state-run psych ward built for those types...

I don't think that one should be innocent because of insanity, just punished differently. People in prison deserve to have reasonable protection from the insane. That goes in the Cruel and Unusual portion of the constitution.
    Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but rather we have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
    - -- Aristotle

Believe nothing on the faith of traditions, even though they have been held in honor for many generations and in diverse places. Do not believe a thing because many people speak of it. Do not believe on the faith of the sages of the past. Do not believe what you yourself have imagined, persuading yourself that a God inspires you. Believe nothing on the sole authority of your masters and priests. After examination, believe what you yourself have tested and found to be reasonable, and conform your conduct thereto.
    - -- The Buddha

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    - -- Aristotle

2. #17 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 0 Times in 0 Posts

Dear Bdw,

I believe you are wrong in your thinking, especially if you think you are following God's Law....

When you read his laws, like in Exodus, In every manner God's Laws that were concerned with harm, physical or civil, done against another man, they were laws of justice....

What I mean is, paraphrased, is that every punishment was levied based on intentional harm or knowledge of potential harm and being negligent...

I guess what I am saying is that punishment is relevent to the intent...like if your ox kills another man's ox in a fight, then it is not your fault because it was a natural accident and the Law says that what you are to do is give the man his ox back to sell his ox "parts", or meat and collect the money for it to buy another one.

But if your Ox had been known to be wild, and had killed another animal beforehand, and the owner took NO PRECAUTION with this ox, and this ox killed another man's ox, then the owner of the wild ox was held accountable through the law and made to kill his own ox and return both to the other man...to sell for money for the meat etc.... or SOMETHING like that....

And if a man killed another man by accident then God told him to run in to the dessert so not to be put to death until God could come to his rescue...I think?

So, I guess what I am saying, is that if Andrea Yates is and was really insane, at the time of the murders, which I whole heartedly believe from all that I have read on the case, then she should NOT BE PUT TO DEATH, according to God's Law imo and you are doing a disservice to Judeo/ Christian values by taking this stance of yours, in my very humble opinion.

care

3. #18 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

You've made an excellent point, Care4all. I am inclined to agree with you.
    "Repent ye: for the kingdom of heaven is at hand." (Matthew 3:2)

REPENT AMERICA!

Psalm 9:17 Warning:
    "The wicked shall be turned into hell, and all the nations that forget God."

4. #19 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

You've made an excellent point, Care4all. I am inclined to agree with you.

5. #20 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Do have any idea of how luxurious a psych ward is? At least in California, Oregon and Washington, these wards are like 5-star hotels, except the service is even better. Do you think Yates deserves a 5-star hotel? I don't.

Brent don't be a moron, an institution is no "luxury" lol

6. #21 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

care finally discovering the holyroller disease and the effects its taken on Brent.

7. #22 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by robdastud
    Brent don't be a moron, an institution is no "luxury" lol
    Yeah?

I work in a prison-like hospital (meaning it's maximum security, with 3 rows of razor wire and 50-foot-high walls) and they DO have modern comfort and conveniences. They have a big day room with couches and chairs. Three phones to use, two televisions with cable, a game room with a ping-pong table, a quiet room with books and typewriters, a courtyard with gardens, barbeques and basketball courts. They have unlimited supply of medicine and medical treatments, and they get to smoke all the tobacco they want. They can go to the canteen and buy food at the grill or items they need at the store section. There's a legal library, a regular library, three churches... anyway, the list could go on. Yeah, those guys in there are taken care of better than most of us. You know how much it costs to keep them there every year?

About $130,000/year....

I only MAKE about $45,000 a year working there...

REPENT AMERICA!

8. #23 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

care finally discovering the holyroller disease and the effects its taken on Brent.
    No. She made an excellent point by applying the Bible. I believe "All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness." (2 Timothy 3:16)

REPENT AMERICA!

9. #24 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

only 45K LOL

WOW he sounds riff raffy... riff raff working with the riff raff.

10. #25 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

only 45K LOL

WOW he sounds riff raffy... riff raff working with the riff raff.
    She... and 45k is fine for a single woman.

Thanks for proving you've been OWNED.
    You gave no response to what I actually said.

Who is the moron now?

REPENT AMERICA!

11. #26 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 6 Times in 5 Posts
    Blog Entries

I think everyone should give BDW the benefit of the doubt, I mean its obvious he's been in them, so he'd know what kind of service they have more than any of us.

12. #27 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Here are the words of my friend who works in a psych ward in Southern California:

ORNOTBITWISE HAS BEEN OWNED.
    Why, because one of your imaginary friends dresses up in white and kicks imaginary people when they fail to take their non-existent meds?

Look, B., I don't care what you claim your alleged "friend" claims his alleged facility is supposedly like. I know better. I have seen, fairly recently, locked wards at San Francisco General. I've seen others in the past 5 years in the bay area. None of your damned business why or how.

Your "modern conveniences" don't make up for the anguish of those straights. Believe that or not -- I care little. If you didn't just make up that quote and you really know someone who feels that way, he should be fired on the spot. He is unsuited to that sort of work.

13. #28 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by LadyT
    I think everyone should give BDW the benefit of the doubt, I mean its obvious he's been in them, so he'd know what kind of service they have more than any of us.
    No, I know two people who work in them.

REPENT AMERICA!

14. #29 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

She... and 45k is fine for a single woman.

Thanks for proving you've been OWNED.
    You gave no response to what I actually said.

Who is the moron now?
    In Southern California? She better be damned young, 'cause that's paltry. She's probably a toilet scrubber.

And one who should be fired, even so.

15. #30 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by OrnotBitwise
    In Southern California? She better be damned young, 'cause that's paltry. She's probably a toilet scrubber.

And one who should be fired, even so.
    She does quite well for herself, acually.
    She lives in the Santa Maria area.

Funny how you liberals can't respond to anything but money.

REPENT AMERICA!