Thread: The universe requires a Creator

1. #256 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,252 Times in 7,662 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,055 Times in 1,002 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Alter2Ego View Post
    Frank Apisa:

Who cares whether or not what we see is only part of the universe? You are now back-pedaling and attempting to move the yard stick, because you realize you have been debunked. You insisted earlier on in this thread that the universe "may have always been here." I quoted two legitimate sources--including NASA--that confirm the universe had a beginning.

Alter2Ego

"That people may know that you, whose name is JEHOVAH, you alone are the Most High over all the earth." ~ Psalms 83:18
    The only person moving the bar...is you. And anyone with a functioning brain and a sense of curiosity CARES whether or not what we see is only part of the universe.

Scientists do, in fact, claim that what we humans call "the universe"...was created (by the Big Bang).

But those same scientists insist that they do not know what came before the Big Bang...and they also do not know if what we suppose to be "the universe" actually IS the universe.

Human knowledge about what exists has been growing over the ages. ONE HUNDRED YEARS AGO...we did not even know there were galaxies other than our own. We did not know about the hundreds of billions of other galaxies. Who knows what we will know about what exists one hundred years from now?

So stop with your bullshit about "what science" knows.

As for gods...there is the possibility there is a GOD...or that there are gods.

There also is the possibility that there are no gods.

If you want to make a blind guess that there is a god (and want to make a further blind guess that it is that disgusting god of the Bible)...do it. That is as good a blind guess as the blind guess some people make that there are no gods.

As for me:

I do not know if gods exist or not;
    I see no reason to suspect gods CANNOT EXIST...that the existence of gods is impossible;
    I see no reason to suspect that gods MUST EXIST...that gods are needed to explain existence;
    I do not see enough unambiguous evidence upon which to base a meaningful guess in either direction...

...so I don't.

2. #257 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Grugore:

The atheists claim they believe it's blind chance, but deep down inside, they know better. They are simply playing the fool.

I frankly do not believe anyone actually is convinced that our fine tuned universe, and the wonders of our own physical bodies, happened by chance. Those that deny Jehovah's creatorship are labled as wicked, according to scripture, as noted below from two different Bible versions. Notice their motive for doing so in the words bolded in purple.

"In the
    pride of his face the wicked does not seek him; all his thoughts are, “There is no God.”" (Psalms 10:4 -- English Standard Version)

"In his
    haughtiness, the wicked man makes no investigation;All his thoughts are: “There is no God.”" (Psalms 10:4 -- New World Translation)

The label "wicked" indicates the denial of God's creatorship is intentional, that the deniers are not blind to the evidence of God's existence but refuse to acknowledge the Almighty.

Alter2Ego

"That people may know that you, whose name is JEHOVAH, you alone are the Most High over all the earth." ~ Psalms 83:18
    YOUR "BELIEFS" ABOUT WHAT IS...AND ABOUT GODS...are nothing but blind guesses about REALITY. If you were anywhere near as faithful to the truth that your gods supposedly demand of you...

...you would acknowledge that.

3. #258 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 73 Times in 64 Posts

Grugore:

The atheists claim they believe it's blind chance, but deep down inside, they know better. They are simply playing the fool.

I frankly do not believe anyone actually is convinced that our fine tuned universe, and the wonders of our own physical bodies, happened by chance. Those that deny Jehovah's creatorship are labled as wicked, according to scripture, as noted below from two different Bible versions. Notice their motive for doing so in the words bolded in purple.

"In the
    pride of his face the wicked does not seek him; all his thoughts are, “There is no God.”" (Psalms 10:4 -- English Standard Version)

"In his
    haughtiness, the wicked man makes no investigation;All his thoughts are: “There is no God.”" (Psalms 10:4 -- New World Translation)

The label "wicked" indicates the denial of God's creatorship is intentional, that the deniers are not blind to the evidence of God's existence but refuse to acknowledge the Almighty.

Alter2Ego

They love their sin more than their Creator. Bottom line.

4. #259 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 19 Times in 19 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Apisa View Post
    YOUR "BELIEFS" ABOUT WHAT IS...AND ABOUT GODS...are nothing but blind guesses about REALITY. If you were anywhere near as faithful to the truth that your gods supposedly demand of you...

...you would acknowledge that.
    Franky ol boy.

An Athiest is the Hypocrite before any actions are taken

We have beliefs that we exercise in each moment of every passing moment ---but most care not for their limited time. Their agenda/schedule for the day is all important.

You place your faith in so many PEOPLE YOU interact with:

Yet you think it is not faith ---it's like Rain man calculates numerical variables instinctively.

The Taxi driver wont crash!
    The Aeroplane pilot wont crash!
    The Tax man wont call!

The Lawyer knows his stuff!

The Stranger gave the right directions to follow!

The Stranger gave the right, because his watch is right!

The cook is not a murderer on the run from central american police!

There is no terrorist on our plane!
    Last edited by bhaktajan; 07-02-2018 at 11:47 AM.

5. #260 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by bhaktajan View Post
    Franky ol boy.

An Athiest is the Hypocrite before any actions are taken

We have beliefs that we exercise in each moment of every passing moment ---but most care not for their limited time. Their agenda/schedule for the day is all important.

You place your faith is so many we interact with;

The Taxi driver wont crash!
    The Aeroplane pilot wont crash!
    The Tax man wont call!

The Lawyer knows his stuff!

The Stranger gave the right directions to follow!

The Stranger gave the right, because his watch is right!

The cook is not a murderer on the run from central american police!

There is no terrorist on our plane!
    You are a fucking nut case.

Go play in traffic.

6. #261 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Go play in traffic.
    You have faith I will listen and obey!

7. #262 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Go play in traffic.
    Is this a medieval voodoo curse?

8. #263 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

You have faith I will listen and obey!
    I don't do "faith."

I leave that for the assholes...and fucking nut cases.

9. #264 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Grugore:

"In the

"In his

Alter2Ego

Yes. It is said that one cannot see the face of god ---even when his face is exposed, by an atheist heart.

It is even said a meat eater can not be compassionate.

It is always a goal involved that takes the place of devotional service to the Lord.

It is said that to get rid of a vice ---one must replace it with a Higher Taste.

Fish cannot eat cake.

10. #265 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I don't do "faith."

I leave that for the assholes...and fucking nut cases.
    You are Lying

You place your faith in the belief that YOUR Taxi driver wont crash!
    You place your faith in the belief that YOUR Aeroplane pilot wont crash!
    You place your faith in the belief that YOUR Tax man wont call!

You place your faith in the belief that YOUR Lawyer knows his stuff!

You place your faith in the belief that The Stranger gave YOU the right directions to follow!

You place your faith in the belief that The Stranger gave YOU the right TIME, because his watch is right!

You place your faith in the belief that YOUR cook is not a murderer on the run from central american police!

You place your faith in the belief that There is no terrorist on YOUR plane!

Yet you think it is not faith ---YOU'RE like how Rain man calculates numerical variables instinctively.
    Last edited by bhaktajan; 07-02-2018 at 11:50 AM.

11. #266 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

You are Lying

You place your faith in the belief that YOUR Taxi driver wont crash!
    You place your faith in the belief that YOUR Aeroplane pilot wont crash!
    You place your faith in the belief that YOUR Tax man wont call!

You place your faith in the belief that YOUR Lawyer knows his stuff!

You place your faith in the belief that The Stranger gave YOU the right directions to follow!

You place your faith in the belief that The Stranger gave YOU the right TIME, because his watch is right!

You place your faith in the belief that YOUR cook is not a murderer on the run from central american police!

You place your faith in the belief that There is no terrorist on YOUR plane!

Yet you think it is not faith ---YOU'RE like how Rain man calculates numerical variables instinctively.
    I do not do "faith" at all. I recognize that dangers exist...and I am willing to accept them.

Your "faith" is horseshit.

But...if you need it to get you past your dread of the dangers that are a part of life...go for it.

I'm on your side on that.

12. #267 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,323 Times in 10,512 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,917 Times in 4,233 Posts
    Blog Entries

domer76:

Actually, Jehovah is your God, in the sense that he created you--whether you care to admit it or not.

But to answer your question, Jehovah is eternal--meaning he has no beginning and no end. That is what makes him the Creator of all things. And that is what qualifies him as Almighty God. This is confirmed by scripture within his inspired Word, the Judeo-Christian Bible, as noted below:

"Before the mountains were brought forth, or ever thou hadst formed the earth and the world, even
    from everlasting to everlasting, thou art God." (Psalms 90:2 -- King James Version)

Alter2Ego

You failed to answer the question. Who told you that goofy shit? Wait, I know the answer:

“The Bible is the word of God"
    "How can you be sure it's the word of God?"
    "Because the Bible tells us so"
    "Why believe the Bible?
    "The Bible is infallible"
    "How do you know it's infallible?"...

(Return to top)

Do you know what Circular Reasoning is? You should. You are using it in this very thread.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to domer76 For This Post:

Gotcha68 (07-05-2018)

14. #268 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,323 Times in 10,512 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,917 Times in 4,233 Posts
    Blog Entries

domer76:

ANYTHING that atheist-scientists in academia
    cannot explain logically they all of a sudden decide it "has no relevance." It's called: DUCK AND RUN.

For instance, in my thread dealing with Darwin's macroevolution myth, not one single atheist-scientist can explain how evolution's supposed common organic ancestor came to life by itself so that evolution could proceed. So they attempt to talk their way around that problem as well.

Here is the link to my thread.
    https://www.justplainpolitics.com/sh...34#post2455234

Since you are so smart, suppose you show up in that thread and explain to the rest of us how evolution's "common organic ancestor" came to life from non-life by itself, since the atheists claim there is no Jehovah. In fact, I challenge you to present a logical explanation for how organic life could result from non-life by itself.

Alter2Ego

I don't know how life began. Either do you. However, I don't have to concoct a mythical being to try to explain it.

Scientists don't duck and run, Jethro. Unlike you, they use the scientific method in the effort to find the truth. Nobody said it has ALL the answers or that it ever will. Merely, that theories evolve, are tested and modified as new facts arise. In that context, your human concoction of a creator has no relevance to the scientist.

Your inability to differentiate between the processes underlying evolution (Darwinism) and the origin of life is quite telling.

15. #269 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by domer76 View Post
    I don't know how life began. Either do you. However, I don't have to concoct a mythical being to try to explain it.

Scientists don't duck and run, Jethro. Unlike you, they use the scientific method in the effort to find the truth. Nobody said it has ALL the answers or that it ever will. Merely, that theories evolve, are tested and modified as new facts arise. In that context, your human concoction of a creator has no relevance to the scientist.

Your inability to differentiate between the processes underlying evolution (Darwinism) and the origin of life is quite telling.
    12 Technological Advancements of World War I
    1. Tanks
    2. Flamethrowers
    3. Poison Gas
    4. Tracer Bullets
    5. Interrupter Gear
    6. Air traffic control
    7. Depth Charges
    8. Hydrophones
    9. Aircraft Carriers
    10. Pilotless Drones
    11. Mobile X-Ray Machines
    12. Sanitary Napkins

16. #270 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Everyday technologies born on the battlefield

Navigation
    Telegraphy
    Penicillin
    Radar
    Microwave Oven
    Air Travel
    Nylon, Synthetics
    Canned Food
    Jeep
    Wristwatch
    Drones

Do wars drive technological advancement?
    According to the late Edwin Starr, war is good for absolutely nothing. But how much of the technology we depend upon today began as a kind of military technology? Is it possible that if we were a peaceful species we wouldn't have developed technologies like microwave ovens or the Internet?

Wars put an enormous demand upon a nation's resources. Those resources include everything from materials to military personnel. It's expensive to wage war. And war places a burden upon a nation's citizens. As soldiers march off to battle, the people left behind must work even harder to keep the nation's infrastructure from collapsing.

But wars can also have beneficial effects on economic and technological development. In general, wars tend to accelerate technological development to adapt tools for the purpose of solving specific military needs. Later, these military tools may evolve into non-military devices.

A relatively recent example of this is radar. While scientists around the world worked on using radio antennae to detect distant objects during the early part of the 20th century, we credit Sir Robert Watson-Watt with building the first practical radar set in 1935. The British Air Ministry adopted his design and used it to detect aggressors during the early days of World War II [source: Wired].

Radar became an important tool in militaries around the world. In turn, radar's adoption required countries to adapt to new warfare strategies. It also prompted the United States to invest in research and development for new ways to confound radar. The result was stealth aircraft technology.

On the civilian front, radar played a different role. A scientist by the name of Percy L. Spencer made an interesting discovery while standing near a magnetron -- a device that powers radar sets. Spencer had a chocolate bar in his pocket. The bar began to melt when Spencer stood near the magnetron. This piqued Spencer's curiosity and he began to examine what was going on. This led to the invention of the microwave oven.

Next, we'll take a look at how the threat of war indirectly aided in the creation of the Internet....

https://science.howstuffworks.com/wa...dvancement.htm