Page 50 of 53 FirstFirst ... 404647484950515253 LastLast

Thread: THE "YOU DON'T LOVE THE CONSTITUTION" CRAP IN THIS FORUM!

1. #736 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,128 Times in 9,658 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 504 Times in 477 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Apisa View Post
    No. Continuing to support the wanna-be dictator, usurper Trump...is a pro-tyranny rant.

C'mon, Asswipe. Get your mojo back. Try to enjoy this nonsense.
    Stop lying for once, ya turkey turd.

2. #737 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,185 Times in 7,629 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,051 Times in 998 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by AssHatZombie View Post
    Stop lying for once, ya turkey turd.
    I have not lied to you at all, Asswipe.

I'm just having a good time.

ON HIS WORST DAY, JOE BIDEN IS A BETTER PRESIDENT THAN TRUMP WAS ON HIS BEST DAY!

3. #738 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,095 Times in 13,072 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello Frank,

One sees lots of variations on the theme, "You don't love (respect) the Constitution and Bill of Rights" crap here in this forum...almost always including "warnings" about the danger of "government" overreach.

Well...I personally think there is MUCH LESS DANGER from government going amok...or from our government becoming tyrannical…than there is from our citizens being unwilling to be governed.

I doubt any of us right now, except perhaps Donald Trump, wants a dictatorship; I doubt any of us, except perhaps Donald Trump, wants governmental tyranny.

But THE REAL DANGER RIGHT NOW IN AMERICA does not come from the danger of dictatorship, even with that dictator wanna-be in office...or serious governmental overreach. It comes, rather, from the fact that a significant minority of the people want not to be governed at all. They deplore government…the single most important ingredient in civilized society.

I suspect a lot of that absurdity was started during the first inaugural address by Ronald Reagan. As chief executive, he unwisely endorsed the notion of hatred of “being governed” with his (just about always, unfortunately, quoted out of context), “…government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem.”

He was wrong…or at least, I sure as hell hope he was wrong, because if he was correct…democracy does not stand a chance of success. Democracy demands that government be a MAJOR FACTOR in the solution to problems…and there is no chance of democracy working if government truly is the problem.

And government requires that the people being governed...CONSENT TO BEING GOVERNED.

Just sayin’!
    What an awesome thread. I would add my thanks to the OP but it's far too late now. This thread was originated just a few weeks prior to when I joined JPP.

I completely agree with the OP.

I have long said that Reagan did America a grave disservice with that crack about government being the problem.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

4. #739 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,095 Times in 13,072 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

If there are issues with our government, we have the power to deal with them. Our government was designed to be flexible so that we could modify it and improve it to address new challenges.

Some have greatly misconstrued the 2nd Amendment to believe it was intended that the people might take up arms against our own government. That was never intended at all. The reason people have the right to bear arms is to be able to form a well regulated militia to defend the nation, if needed. Remember, the Constitution also said that we would have no standing army. The reason for this is that England used a standing army against her own subjects, including colonists. Americans had quite enough of that.

People were not citizens of England. They were subjects of the crown. As subjects, no rights were inherent. They are instead granted by the crown. Since the colonies were given charters by the crown, and that was done generally to create profits for the crown, the subjects of those colonies were policed by the well regulated standing English army. The American subjects did not like that. They had no right to privacy. An army might barge right into your home if they wanted to.

The founders were concerned that if the USA had a standing army it might be used against the citizens of the USA, so the Constitution stipulated that the USA would have no standing army. We only have one today because we made changes, and one of those changes includes a rule that our standing army may not be used against our own citizens.

We Americans are expected to respect our government, appreciate the Constitution, and work WITH IT to improve the country where needed, as seen fit.

Government hatred as very un American.

If we don't have a government we can respect and appreciate, it is our own darn fault. We have all the tools needed to make our government totally work for us.
    Last edited by PoliTalker; 09-28-2021 at 09:54 AM.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

5. #740 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Hello Frank,

What an awesome thread. I would add my thanks to the OP but it's far too late now. This thread was originated just a few weeks prior to when I joined JPP.

I completely agree with the OP.

I have long said that Reagan did America a grave disservice with that crack about government being the problem.
    Right you are, Poli.

I actually voted for Reagan in 1980. I was pissed at Carter and did not think things through. I regretted it almost immediately...when I heard that line from his first Inaugural Address.

Unfortunately, the people of the right have bought the notion hook, line, and sinker...much to the disadvantage of the US.
    ON HIS WORST DAY, JOE BIDEN IS A BETTER PRESIDENT THAN TRUMP WAS ON HIS BEST DAY!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Frank Apisa For This Post:

PoliTalker (09-28-2021)

7. #741 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Beats me. He had a mask on.

That's my problem...fencing all around a rather deep property. Catches the string and ends up fucking everything up. So the Black and Decker has the wheel on the front that you can place up against the fence and it works pretty decently. I've gotta do my stuff tomorrow. Got the trees to worry about today.

Mandatory vaccines have been around for a very long while...and not just for the military. The only reason there is reluctance right now to this vaccine is because the moron, Trump, pushed that narrative...and his sheeple are not able to think for themselves.

How is what possible...and what it FF?

Could be. Too bad the right has to be prodded. But...there is no cure for stupid.
    It doesn't even work, stupid.

It's mostly poison.

8. #742 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

It doesn't even work, stupid.

It's mostly poison.
    It works...and it works very effectively.

But, to the sheeple who have to follow the Trump line...I guess you have got to sell that nonsense.

Nobody except the morbidly stupid buying, Asswipe.

You are on your own.

9. #743 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

It works...and it works very effectively.

But, to the sheeple who have to follow the Trump line...I guess you have got to sell that nonsense.

Nobody except the morbidly stupid buying, Asswipe.

You are on your own.
    No it doesn't. Stop lying.

10. #744 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

No it doesn't. Stop lying.
    I am not lying. It works just fine...about as fine as any vaccine ever developed.

What on Earth makes you think it is not effective?

11. #745 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I am not lying. It works just fine...about as fine as any vaccine ever developed.

What on Earth makes you think it is not effective?
    All relevant data, you fucking idiot.

12. #746 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

All relevant data, you fucking idiot.
    I am not a fucking idiot, Moron.

And all the relevant data reveal that the vaccine works very, very nicely.

13. #747 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Trump is now running for Dictator...and assholes like you are supporting that run.

Actually, I just got a new weedwhacker...and I'll be doing some weedwhacking tomorrow. Today I have people coming over to take down two trees in the back, one in the front, and top off two trees that have branches that soon will be rubbing against the roof if not pruned.

And I am thinking that the people continuing to support Trump in his run for the office of Dictator of the US are a lot like the people in 1930's Germany who supported Hitler's bid to Make Germany Great Again.

I do not hate Trump nor do I hate Trump supporters. I leave the hating to you people.

You have a warped notion of what the Founding Fathers vision for America was. I support their vision...and want to protect it from the likes of Trump and his sheeple.

I am NOT a "commie." I am a capitalist. I have actually worked for a large brokerage firm on Wall Street in NYC. Have you?

You are just another racist...shooting off racists tropes. I can understand why you continue to support Trump. He is one also.
    Just because Biden's a dictator doesn't mean that all u.s. presidents are dictators.

You voted for the dick 'tater.

14. #748 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I am not a fucking idiot, Moron.

And all the relevant data reveal that the vaccine works very, very nicely.
    No it doesn't. Stop lying, shitfer brains.

15. #749 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Just because Biden's a dictator doesn't mean that all u.s. presidents are dictators.

You voted for the dick 'tater.
    Joe Biden is not a dictator...and has no intentions of being a dictator.

Trump wants to be a dictator. Apparently he wants to hold the Guinness Record for stupidity in a dictator.

16. #750 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

No it doesn't. Stop lying, shitfer brains.
    ALL OF THE DATA SUGGESTS THAT THE VACCINE IS WORKING JUST FINE. IN FACT IT SEEMS TO BE ONE OF THE MOST SUCCESSFUL VACCINES EVER.