Page 46 of 53 FirstFirst ... 36424344454647484950 ... LastLast

Thread: THE "YOU DON'T LOVE THE CONSTITUTION" CRAP IN THIS FORUM!

1. #676 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,567 Times in 17,094 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,575 Times in 4,254 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Apisa View Post
    The real answer, as you said, is UNIVERSAL HEALTHCARE.

But since I am a vet...and was treated for cancer at the VA Hospital in East Orange, NJ...I want to say that I was treated with dignity...by caring, professional people.

The VA gets lots of flack...and perhaps some is deserved. But my personal experience with the VA has been great.
    I have friends who can use the VA or Medicare. They much prefer the VA. The VA docs are not paid by the procedure, but results. My friends like the service at VA much more. They are not pushing you out as quickly as possible either.

2. #677 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,185 Times in 7,629 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,051 Times in 998 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nordberg View Post
    I have friends who can use the VA or Medicare. They much prefer the VA. The VA docs are not paid by the procedure, but results. My friends like the service at VA much more. They are not pushing you out as quickly as possible either.
    Great point.

One other thing I've noticed...since they are not paid by the procedure...they tend to suggest ways you can handle certain thing yourself rather than need a doctor's visit for.

I have an ear that does not clean itself. I can either go to a doctor every three months...or clean it myself once a month using over-the-counter medicine and methods.

The VA doctors suggest the latter (with a yearly visit)...the for profit doctors suggest the former.

3. #678 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,734 Times in 3,515 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 291 Times in 282 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle Eye View Post
    So you think big government is infallable. Government is run by people and people make mistakes. An example is the scandal of the VA treatment of vets. Our government deciding what is best for you. No I love this country and wore the uniform for 24 years but I also know that no matter what our government isn't perfect.
    Government is run by the aristocracy, I'm sorry you got taken like that. You never fought in a defensive war you know, only bogus ones for the corporate state. Your aristocracy does not care to support the VA or the troops.

22 vets per day commit suicide. Addressing that would cost money, your aristocracy refuses to.

Some of you folks need to make a decision.

Are we an exceptional nation and people?

Or do we merely have an exceptional corporate state aristocracy who should make our decisions for us?

Thanks for being honest about your view of the american public.

None of this is new of course:

“[A social division exists] between the rich and the poor, the laborious and the idle, the learned and the ignorant. … Nothing, but force, and power and strength can restrain [the latter].” —John Adams in a letter to Thomas Jefferson (1787)

4. #679 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,766 Times in 7,268 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,060 Times in 1,005 Posts

The problem is that we're running out of wild, unsettled jungles where libertarians can swing from trees and be truly free.

In civilization, we have reasonable expectations of restraints on unbridled personal freedom so that the community at large can thrive.
    Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel. Samuel Johnson, 1775
    Religion....is the opiate of the people. Karl Marx, 1848
    Freedom's just another word for nothin' left to lose. Kris Kristofferson, 1969

5. #680 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,447 Times in 7,737 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 509 Times in 502 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NiftyNiblick View Post
    The problem is that we're running out of wild, unsettled jungles where libertarians can swing from trees and be truly free.

In civilization, we have reasonable expectations of restraints on unbridled personal freedom so that the community at large can thrive.
    You'd like to be a COA or HOA president, huh?

6. #681 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,948 Times in 1,418 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 111 Times in 104 Posts

Great point.

One other thing I've noticed...since they are not paid by the procedure...they tend to suggest ways you can handle certain thing yourself rather than need a doctor's visit for.

I have an ear that does not clean itself. I can either go to a doctor every three months...or clean it myself once a month using over-the-counter medicine and methods.

The VA doctors suggest the latter (with a yearly visit)...the for profit doctors suggest the former.
    shame they don't offer something for your brain and mouth, those two need cleaning the most

7. The Following User Groans At Stringfellow Hawk For This Awful Post:

Nordberg (09-27-2021)

8. #682 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,131 Times in 9,660 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 504 Times in 477 Posts
    Blog Entries

One sees lots of variations on the theme, "You don't love (respect) the Constitution and Bill of Rights" crap here in this forum...almost always including "warnings" about the danger of "government" overreach.

Well...I personally think there is MUCH LESS DANGER from government going amok...or from our government becoming tyrannical…than there is from our citizens being unwilling to be governed.

I doubt any of us right now, except perhaps Donald Trump, wants a dictatorship; I doubt any of us, except perhaps Donald Trump, wants governmental tyranny.

But THE REAL DANGER RIGHT NOW IN AMERICA does not come from the danger of dictatorship, even with that dictator wanna-be in office...or serious governmental overreach. It comes, rather, from the fact that a significant minority of the people want not to be governed at all. They deplore government…the single most important ingredient in civilized society.

I suspect a lot of that absurdity was started during the first inaugural address by Ronald Reagan. As chief executive, he unwisely endorsed the notion of hatred of “being governed” with his (just about always, unfortunately, quoted out of context), “…government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem.”

He was wrong…or at least, I sure as hell hope he was wrong, because if he was correct…democracy does not stand a chance of success. Democracy demands that government be a MAJOR FACTOR in the solution to problems…and there is no chance of democracy working if government truly is the problem.

And government requires that the people being governed...CONSENT TO BEING GOVERNED.

Just sayin’!
    You want tyranny.

Why do you hate the constitution, totalitarian fuckhole?

9. #683 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Government is not the most important ingredient of society,

Morality is.

10. #684 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,567 Times in 17,094 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,575 Times in 4,254 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by AssHatZombie View Post
    You want tyranny.

Trump did not read the constitution and did more damage to it than any other president ever. He had plans of doing more, even trying to destroy the separation of powers. Jr said Trump's first act with a new term was to take over the FBI. The constitution was in peril, but never from the left.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Nordberg For This Post:

evince (09-27-2021)

12. #685 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Trump did not read the constitution and did more damage to it than any other president ever. He had plans of doing more, even trying to destroy the separation of powers. Jr said Trump's first act with a new term was to take over the FBI. The constitution was in peril, but never from the left.
    Yes he did.

No he didn't.

13. #686 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,503 Times in 27,049 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 19,565 Times in 18,156 Posts
    Blog Entries

One sees lots of variations on the theme, "You don't love (respect) the Constitution and Bill of Rights" crap here in this forum...almost always including "warnings" about the danger of "government" overreach.

Well...I personally think there is MUCH LESS DANGER from government going amok...or from our government becoming tyrannical…than there is from our citizens being unwilling to be governed.

I doubt any of us right now, except perhaps Donald Trump, wants a dictatorship; I doubt any of us, except perhaps Donald Trump, wants governmental tyranny.

But THE REAL DANGER RIGHT NOW IN AMERICA does not come from the danger of dictatorship, even with that dictator wanna-be in office...or serious governmental overreach. It comes, rather, from the fact that a significant minority of the people want not to be governed at all. They deplore government…the single most important ingredient in civilized society.

I suspect a lot of that absurdity was started during the first inaugural address by Ronald Reagan. As chief executive, he unwisely endorsed the notion of hatred of “being governed” with his (just about always, unfortunately, quoted out of context), “…government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem.”

He was wrong…or at least, I sure as hell hope he was wrong, because if he was correct…democracy does not stand a chance of success. Democracy demands that government be a MAJOR FACTOR in the solution to problems…and there is no chance of democracy working if government truly is the problem.

And government requires that the people being governed...CONSENT TO BEING GOVERNED.

Just sayin’!

Ronald Reagan cheated in elections

Cold hard USA court documented proof

14. #687 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,503 Times in 27,049 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 19,565 Times in 18,156 Posts
    Blog Entries

Trump told the intel people to lie about the threat of Russian influence and the growing threat of racist groups

15. #688 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,766 Times in 7,268 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,060 Times in 1,005 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Dillon View Post
    You'd like to be a COA or HOA president, huh?
    I'm not sure what either a coa or a hoa is,
    but nobody qualified to be president is going to do it for a horseshit four hundred grand a year.
    Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel. Samuel Johnson, 1775
    Religion....is the opiate of the people. Karl Marx, 1848
    Freedom's just another word for nothin' left to lose. Kris Kristofferson, 1969

16. #689 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by MAGA View Post
    shame they don't offer something for your brain and mouth, those two need cleaning the most
    You sound upset.

Get control.

If you cannot do this stuff with a smile on your face...it probably is not for you.
    ON HIS WORST DAY, JOE BIDEN IS A BETTER PRESIDENT THAN TRUMP WAS ON HIS BEST DAY!

17. #690 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by AssHatZombie View Post
    You want tyranny.

The last thing in the world I want is "Tyranny", which is why I oppose you Trump supporting morons.

I do not "hate the Constitution" which is another reason why I oppose you Trump supporting morns.

Any thing else I can help you with?
    ON HIS WORST DAY, JOE BIDEN IS A BETTER PRESIDENT THAN TRUMP WAS ON HIS BEST DAY!