Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: If Coach Feis had had his firearm in school that day.....

1. #16 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,824 Times in 8,868 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 896 Times in 801 Posts
    Blog Entries

I'm real hesitant on giving Teachers Guns ... and here's why.

Personally, I have a lot of Teachers and retired Teachers in my family, and know for a fact, you can't mandate that a Teacher do anything other than Teach ... period. Second, you'd have to find Teacher who are more than comfortable working with a Handgun on their side ... no easy for most people let alone an individual who's working with children.

Third; situational awareness distastes you don't have Gun Battles around Children ... nothing Good ever came of it.
    ONE-N-DONE, YOU GOT PLAYED; Time To Play-On
    Remember ... ELECTIONS HAVE CONSEQUENCES ... So STFU Bitch

2. #17 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,312 Times in 10,503 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,917 Times in 4,233 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Stretch View Post
    Coach Feis was also a security guard there...the man owned a firearm. Sadly he was probably not allowed to carry it through the school.

Colton Haab, a 17-year-old student at Stoneman Douglas High School, was a hero in his own right during Wednesday’s shooting. Haab, a junior ROTC member, told Fox News that he shielded his classmates with bulletproof kevlar mats as the shooter swept the halls.

“We lined [the students] up into the wall and along the back of the wall…and from there I was standing with my first sergeant and I said, ‘these are kevlar, these are bulletproof material,'” Haab recalled. “We started moving the kevlar sheets forward.”

Haab also revealed that he believes Coach Aaron Feis, who died while shielding students with his body, could’ve stopped the shooter if he had his firearm with him in school.

“Unfortunately, gun control, it’s definitely needed a little bit more,” he explained. “I believe if we did bring firearms on campus to teachers that are willing to carry…and they got their correct training for it, I think that would be a big beneficial factor for school safety.”

“If Coach Feis had had his firearm in school that day, I believe that he most likely could’ve stopped the threat,” Haab asserted.
    http://dailycaller.com/2018/02/17/st...ing-coach-gun/

“If” and “believe” is nothing more than suppositional wishes.

3. #18 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,312 Times in 10,503 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,917 Times in 4,233 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Teflon Don View Post
    Gun control isn't school safety

If guns won't make schools safe, why do we deploy them in other places?

Why do we have people with GUNS protecting the President and Congress?

Why do we have people with GUNS protecting airports?

Can you explain that?
    Heavy surveillance, huge POLICE presence 24/7. You conservative fucks aren’t willing to provide adequate funding fir schools now. Nor do you trust teachers with educating your kids.

So now you’re going to trust them with guns and arm every school in the country like the Capitol Mall? No you’re not, liars.

4. #19 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,602 Times in 2,267 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 163 Times in 155 Posts

Arming teachers should honestly be a last resort, not the first line of defense. It's like having sex and relying on the plan B pill for your birth control.

5. #20 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,622 Times in 8,086 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 639 Times in 618 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Badguy View Post
    Arming teachers should honestly be a last resort, not the first line of defense. It's like having sex and relying on the plan B pill for your birth control.
    yet that is the position of the left, so........

6. #21 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by domer76 View Post
    Heavy surveillance, huge POLICE presence 24/7. You conservative fucks aren’t willing to provide adequate funding fir schools now. Nor do you trust teachers with educating your kids.

So now you’re going to trust them with guns and arm every school in the country like the Capitol Mall? No you’re not, liars.
    Who said 24/7?

Just when kids are there. We have plenty of money to afford it. Just cut teacher pay

7. #22 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,033 Times in 14,528 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,387 Times in 1,305 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Stretch View Post
    Coach Feis was also a security guard there...the man owned a firearm. Sadly he was probably not allowed to carry it through the school.

Colton Haab, a 17-year-old student at Stoneman Douglas High School, was a hero in his own right during Wednesday’s shooting. Haab, a junior ROTC member, told Fox News that he shielded his classmates with bulletproof kevlar mats as the shooter swept the halls.

“We lined [the students] up into the wall and along the back of the wall…and from there I was standing with my first sergeant and I said, ‘these are kevlar, these are bulletproof material,'” Haab recalled. “We started moving the kevlar sheets forward.”

Haab also revealed that he believes Coach Aaron Feis, who died while shielding students with his body, could’ve stopped the shooter if he had his firearm with him in school.

“Unfortunately, gun control, it’s definitely needed a little bit more,” he explained. “I believe if we did bring firearms on campus to teachers that are willing to carry…and they got their correct training for it, I think that would be a big beneficial factor for school safety.”

“If Coach Feis had had his firearm in school that day, I believe that he most likely could’ve stopped the threat,” Haab asserted.
    http://dailycaller.com/2018/02/17/st...ing-coach-gun/

Good thing. There'd be 40 dead
    Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

8. #23 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

yet that is the position of the left, so........
    And the position of much of the right is to teach abstinence only, which in this metaphor would be a complete ban on guns.

9. #24 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by SmarterthanYou View Post
    this is how you fail. cops are armed government enforcement. nothing more, nothing less. If they were human and prone to mistakes like we civilians do, they would also be held accountable for them but they are not. they are given qualified immunity as government agents, therefore they are government.
    https://bearingarms.com/mike-m/2016/...s-responsible/

A careful, but hardly exhaustive, study of reality reveals that common knowledge is wrong: where firearms are involved, the police are not highly trained professionals. That many people buy this misconception is understandable. Americans are raised on a steady diet of cop TV shows and movies where the heroes, virtually every episode, end up shooting bad guys, usually dropping them with single, perfectly placed, shots, or even shooting to wound, which virtually always immediately drops and incapacitates the bad guy.
    The truth is—and should be—frightening: the overwhelming majority of police officers are not competent shooters.

Iin a September, 2013 article—New York City Police Shoot Up the Citizenry AgainI wrote about one of several shootings where the police accidently shot citizens. In one infamous case, two officers shot not only an actual killer, but nine innocent bystanders. Fortunately, all of them survived. In almost all of these recent shootings, the officers were justified in using deadly force. They just couldn’t help shooting up the innocent.
    Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

10. #25 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Actually, that's 100% more effective than relying on teachers with guns. For those capable of rational thought...what do you think the school's liability insurance would look like?

I'm betting they wouldn't be able to get a policy

11. #26 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

And the position of much of the right is to teach abstinence only, which in this metaphor would be a complete ban on guns.
    I knew you would make this argument

Point of fact is this

If a women practices abstinence, there is ZERO chance she will get pregnant. ZERO. No way.

If we ban all guns will there be a ZERO chance of dying from a gun?

12. #27 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,388 Times in 7,999 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 809 Times in 761 Posts

I think this kind of thing really needs to be considered. It obviously opens up other areas of risk, but it would have to be strictly controlled - particularly where the designated teachers (who would of course need to be volunteers) keep their weapon and how they secure it.

13. #28 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I knew you would make this argument

Point of fact is this

If a women practices abstinence, there is ZERO chance she will get pregnant. ZERO. No way.

If we ban all guns will there be a ZERO chance of dying from a gun?
    If everyone adheres to the gun ban, yes. Just like if the woman actually adheres to the practice of abstinence. B-b-but that won't happen, you might say. EXACTLY MY POINT.

14. #29 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

If everyone adheres to the gun ban, yes. Just like if the woman actually adheres to the practice of abstinence. B-b-but that won't happen, you might say. EXACTLY MY POINT.
    Yeah, so here is the problem with your argument.

Someone who is intent on killing someone isn't going to follow the laws

A woman who chooses not to practice abstinence really isn't serious about not getting pregnant.

You can't win this argument.

You aren't serious about protecting our children if you don't support armed guards at schools. Why do you hate children?

15. #30 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,758 Times in 11,557 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 889 Times in 847 Posts

Personally I prefer starting out with measured attempts of school security. Like the teacher said at the Trump meeting yesterday. Make use of limited entrances and exits and put in the metal detectors for a start. Fight about other resolutions and gun laws later. Just start installing these measures NOW. Also, add more already-trained armed guards at strategic locations on the grounds. Why not? They're already at airports, jewelry stores, concerts, government buildings, malls, sporting events, etc.
    Abortion rights dogma can obscure human reason & harden the human heart so much that the same person who feels
    empathy for animal suffering can lack compassion for unborn children who experience lethal violence and excruciating
    pain in abortion.

Unborn animals are protected in their nesting places, humans are not. To abort something is to end something
    which has begun. To abort life is to end it.