Thread: Trump on preventing mass shootings: 'we're going to get it done'

1. #16 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,051 Times in 26,519 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,742 Times in 4,521 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Omar View Post
    He shouldn’t have slipped under the radar as it is.

How many red flags went up and he still was able to shoot a bunch of kids up? It’s way past time we stopped assuming the safe guards and laws are going to work.

There has to be a last resort when everything else fails. It’s time for a serious discussion about metal detectors, armed security and the like.

How many armed guards do you walk by before you get into the halls of Congress? Why doesn’t Congress rely on laws to stop shooters?

Because they know better.
    How much would it cost to put metal detectors and armed guards in all schools and universities! Far cheaper to ban bumpstocks, high capacity magazines and more stringent mental health checks.

Sent from my Lenovo K8 using Tapatalk

2. #17 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,824 Times in 8,868 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 896 Times in 801 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Yaya View Post
    Trump on preventing mass shootings: 'we're going to get it done'

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018...t-it-done.html

ONE-N-DONE, YOU GOT PLAYED; Time To Play-On
    Remember ... ELECTIONS HAVE CONSEQUENCES ... So STFU Bitch

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Bourbon For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (02-22-2018)

4. #18 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,835 Times in 8,249 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,899 Times in 5,299 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Havana Moon View Post
    How much would it cost to put metal detectors and armed guards in all schools and universities! Far cheaper to ban bumpstocks, high capacity magazines and more stringent mental health checks.

Ignorant post is stupid.
    It is the responsibility of every American citizen to own a modern military rifle.

5. #19 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,617 Times in 2,816 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,328 Times in 1,225 Posts

yes, lets dismiss constitutional rights over costs, very millennial of you.
    A sad commentary on we, as a people, and our viewpoint of our freedom can be summed up like this. We have liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans, yet those very people look at Constitutionalists as radical and extreme.................so those liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans must believe that the constitution is radical and extreme.

6. #20 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 83,429 Times in 53,293 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,661 Times in 4,380 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SmarterthanYou View Post
    these things could be funded with current taxation, but only if the voters want to get serious about how their budgets are handled. my city alone has had several turn overs of city council people because they didn't want to listen to us voters about how to spend our money, believing that they knew better. take your governments back or keep whining, your choice.
    From what I've seen and heard about as well (youngest is a public school special ed teacher), the first thing to go when funding is tight are teachers. They also often let go low-level admin staff. Programs that get cut are generally the arts and extracurricular activities. I'd like to see parents and voters in general get more involved and demand lower salaries for upper-level admin and the savings used for safety measures we've been talking about. My daughter says anyone can walk into her school; there are no locked doors and no security officer either.

7. #21 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rune View Post
    Ignorant post is stupid.
    Come on Mr. High IQ, how much would it cost to put fences and secure doors with detectors in all of the nation's schools plus the wages of all the armed guards?

8. #22 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SmarterthanYou View Post
    yes, lets dismiss constitutional rights over costs, very millennial of you.
    How did the AWB pass in 1994 then?

9. #23 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,101 Times in 21,165 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,307 Times in 1,235 Posts

Voluntary armed school personnel would cost nothing, except for training and I expect local police would happily donate the time.

Why doesn’t congress rely on laws to protect themselves from random shooters?
    Coup has started. First of many steps. Impeachment will follow ultimately~WB attorney Mark Zaid, January 2017

10. #24 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,323 Times in 10,512 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,917 Times in 4,233 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TOP View Post
    That was a very powerful meeting. I'm not sure where the negativity is coming from.
    Since, OOLISS is on my ignore list, I have to assume you’re referring to his “listening meeting”. The one where he had the embarrassing cheat sheets, including “I hear you”?

Orangetweet hasn’t done shit on gun control except make it easier to purchase weapons. The words of a pathological liar are worthless.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to domer76 For This Post:

12. #25 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Omar View Post
    Voluntary armed school personnel would cost nothing, except for training and I expect local police would happily donate the time.

Why doesn’t congress rely on laws to protect themselves from random shooters?
    There have been costings done already, bear in mind that you need personnel to supervise the metal detectors. The cost for 100,000 schools would be at least $500 million and the running costs for wages something like $7 billion per year.

http://bigthink.com/paul-ratner/ther...y-anyones-guns

13. #26 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,670 Times in 16,595 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,435 Times in 1,357 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by domer76 View Post
    Since, OOLISS is on my ignore list, I have to assume you’re referring to his “listening meeting”. The one where he had the embarrassing cheat sheets, including “I hear you”?

Orangetweet hasn’t done shit on gun control except make it easier to purchase weapons. The words of a pathological liar are worthless.
    I'm referring to the very powerful meeting at the WH, with the President and survivors, parents, families, and friends of school attacks... Perhaps you missed it. I'm sure you can find a link...I don't know who "Orangetweet" is. We have gun control, and I'm sure that there will be modifications to make legal purchase more difficult. That won't bother anyone. But it won't stop the mentally deranged from getting a weapon if they want one. The creep who murdered two officers here not long ago couldn't buy a weapon legally. So he just got his friend to buy it. If that hadn't worked, there were a dozen other ways that he could have found a weapon of his choice. Gun control is not the "solution" to these tragedies..
    Pathological liars are worthless, aren't they?

14. #27 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 83,429 Times in 53,293 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,661 Times in 4,380 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by domer76 View Post

In fact, one of his first moves as POTUS was to reverse the ban on mentally-ill ppl obtaining firearms.
    https://www.cnn.com/2018/02/15/polit...lth/index.html

15. #28 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,632 Times in 11,620 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 513 Times in 483 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post
    From what I've seen and heard about as well (youngest is a public school special ed teacher), the first thing to go when funding is tight are teachers. They also often let go low-level admin staff. Programs that get cut are generally the arts and extracurricular activities. I'd like to see parents and voters in general get more involved and demand lower salaries for upper-level admin and the savings used for safety measures we've been talking about. My daughter says anyone can walk into her school; there are no locked doors and no security officer either.
    In this day of school shootings I find it hard to believe that the school "your daughter" works at has no locked doors. Please link to something that says that. Then I will notify the local media their children are in danger.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Eagle_Eye For This Post:

TOP (02-22-2018)

17. #29 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,758 Times in 11,557 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 889 Times in 847 Posts

This father said it best............

Abortion rights dogma can obscure human reason & harden the human heart so much that the same person who feels
    empathy for animal suffering can lack compassion for unborn children who experience lethal violence and excruciating
    pain in abortion.

Unborn animals are protected in their nesting places, humans are not. To abort something is to end something
    which has begun. To abort life is to end it.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Stretch For This Post:

19. #30 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,617 Times in 2,816 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,328 Times in 1,225 Posts

How did the AWB pass in 1994 then?
    for the same reason that alot of those democrats lost their elected offices next election, they didn't listen to their constituency
    A sad commentary on we, as a people, and our viewpoint of our freedom can be summed up like this. We have liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans, yet those very people look at Constitutionalists as radical and extreme.................so those liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans must believe that the constitution is radical and extreme.