Thread: Time to get Effing Serious.

1. #91 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,432 Times in 12,044 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,699 Times in 1,647 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PostmodernProphet View Post
    aren't most of the unemployed vets the ones who HAVE mental health issues?.....
    Not necessarily.

Some are unemployed to do physical disabilities that preclude them from doing some things.
    SEDITION: incitement of resistance to or insurrection against lawful authority.

2. #92 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rune View Post
    Then by all means keep the children vulnerable if it protects other targets...
    There was a meme on Facebook recently that brought out the fact that we'll protect our money (banks) with armed guards; but not our children.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to USFREEDOM911 For This Post:

Stretch (02-22-2018), TOP (02-22-2018)

4. #93 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,185 Times in 7,629 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,051 Times in 998 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by USFREEDOM911 View Post
    There was a meme on Facebook recently that brought out the fact that we'll protect our money (banks) with armed guards; but not our children.
    Billionaires often spend hundreds of thousands of dollars on lawyers and accountants to protect their money...and then hire people for minimum wages to tend to their children!

Well...I guess one has to know one's priorities if one wants to be wealthy.

5. #94 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,679 Times in 16,485 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 585 Times in 561 Posts
    Blog Entries

There are over 300 million guns and no end in sight to legal gun ownership.

Tachi Liberal may not realize this but a handgun would have been just as effective. Banning assault style rifles isn't the solution.

Short term there is no gun controll measure that will stop these shootings.

What about some immediate measures
    designed to make it a lot harder?

For now, starting imediately, there should be an occupied police cruiser at the school entrance. This is temporary until specially trained guards can be sourced and trained in dealing with children.

Safe spaces

A classroom should be a safe place if locked from the inside by the teacher. We should immediately replace all doors in public schools with bulletproof doors.

The bigger picture

Let's look at some facts;
    The act of premeditated mass murder of children is severely mentally ill.

To try to take mental illness treatment out of the solution is not paying sense to reality.

Treatment for mental

Treatment for mental illness can be very difficult to get, and can a long time before one even gets to see a prescriber. The mental healthcare system in this country is stressed and stretched to the breaking point.

Even if you could get rid of all guns tomorrow, the schools still wouldn't be safe and not just in this country either.
    The first school shooting was in Scotland, IIRC. Japan and Norway both had children massacred but in gun free Japan the weapons were blades.

It is time to protect the children.
    That is refreshing common sense right there. Nice job Rune.

6. #95 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Grind, can you please threadban this piece of shit?
    Thanks

You might have to send him a PM and include a link to your thread.

7. #96 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Havana Moon View Post
    Always an arsehole, even to the newbies.

Sent from my Lenovo K8 using Tapatalk
    This is BS, from your end.
    Rune and I disagree on just about EVERYTHING; but even I'm willing to give the devil his due (so to speak) when it's correct.
    Rune is more then justified to request the retro-thread ban.

8. #97 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,051 Times in 26,519 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,742 Times in 4,521 Posts
    Blog Entries

This is BS, from your end.
    Rune and I disagree on just about EVERYTHING; but even I'm willing to give the devil his due (so to speak) when it's correct.
    Rune is more then justified to request the retro-thread ban.
    You are entitled to your opinion, it just isn't mine.

9. #98 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 7 Times in 7 Posts

All schools entrances need to be rebuilt to control entrance and exit with metal detectors. 1 outer door a room and another door everyone has to go through.
    metal detectors will stop all guns and knives. All children will have to bring the books home for their first class, no one goes to lockers before their first class.
    Any child late for the first class will have to go to a staging area to be checked before entry. 2 full time security officers manning the metal detectors All back pacts are made of clear plastic, nothing else. Banks and hundreds of other institutions have security so schools will need it also and NOW. The government will need to come up with the cash to get it done, screw giving millionaires everything we have, get some money back from to get it done. There's more to do with schools there's not enough room here.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cash For This Post:

Rune (02-22-2018), ThatOwlWoman (02-23-2018)

11. #99 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,833 Times in 8,248 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,899 Times in 5,299 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cash View Post
    All schools entrances need to be rebuilt to control entrance and exit with metal detectors. 1 outer door a room and another door everyone has to go through.
    metal detectors will stop all guns and knives. All children will have to bring the books home for their first class, no one goes to lockers before their first class.
    Any child late for the first class will have to go to a staging area to be checked before entry. 2 full time security officers manning the metal detectors All back pacts are made of clear plastic, nothing else. Banks and hundreds of other institutions have security so schools will need it also and NOW. The government will need to come up with the cash to get it done, screw giving millionaires everything we have, get some money back from to get it done. There's more to do with schools there's not enough room here.
    Thanks for posting on topic.
    Looks like both sides agree on the basics here.
    It is the responsibility of every American citizen to own a modern military rifle.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Rune For This Post:

TOP (02-22-2018)

13. #100 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cash View Post
    Thanks for posting on topic.
    Looks like both sides agree on the basics here.
    It is the responsibility of every American citizen to own a modern military rifle.

14. #101 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,394 Times in 5,099 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 908 Times in 849 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by leaningright View Post
    Your “some vets may qualify, others not so much” is very accurate, IMO. I like the idea of training vets for this position but there is still an element of the unknown as to how they would handle the position. Being around kids requires a lot of self control. Also you’d have idiot teachers sending 10 year olds having temper tantrums to these guys for them to try to handle.

All that said, I still like the idea if good training and oversight are implemented.
    I would posit that the guards ha e zero disciplinary authority. Unless something becomes physical.

The inner city school I went to in junior high had 5 security guards. I believe the head guy was armed, but I don't remember if it was simply mace.

The reason the school hired all these guys was to stop the gang fights. It worked. Sucked to have guards at the school, because if you got into a simple punching match, they would swarm you. I know from personal experience. But the head guard was cool, said his duty was to make sure we wee safe.

Then I moved out of the inner city and the schools didn't have guards, but they had rat snitches bitches trying to bust peaceful loving Marijuana partakers.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Cancel 2018.2 For This Post:

TOP (02-22-2018)

16. #102 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

That is pretty much the consensus of a surprising group of posters.

Without any cost, one cruiser can be reassigned to each school.

Without cost, Reservists and Guardsmen could temporarily provide additional security.

Door hardening should be a Federal grant for the sake of timeliness.

17. #103 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Havana Moon View Post
    Always an arsehole, even to the newbies.

He was refusing to debate and claiming otherwise.

This happens to be an important topic.

18. #104 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,185 Times in 7,629 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,051 Times in 998 Posts

He was refusing to debate and claiming otherwise.

This happens to be an important topic.
    I'm the "he" in that comment...and I never refuse to debate.

19. #105 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Yaya View Post
    I would posit that the guards ha e zero disciplinary authority. Unless something becomes physical.

The inner city school I went to in junior high had 5 security guards. I believe the head guy was armed, but I don't remember if it was simply mace.

The reason the school hired all these guys was to stop the gang fights. It worked. Sucked to have guards at the school, because if you got into a simple punching match, they would swarm you. I know from personal experience. But the head guard was cool, said his duty was to make sure we wee safe.

Then I moved out of the inner city and the schools didn't have guards, but they had rat snitches bitches trying to bust peaceful loving Marijuana partakers.
    I agree entirely that the guards.
    Guard the children but don't police them.