Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Hogg kid

1. #16 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,388 Times in 7,999 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 809 Times in 761 Posts

Even Sanders was smart enough to try to back off of that claim yesterday. It's beyond partisan to stick w/ it.

2. #17 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by TOP View Post
    I'm not necessarily agreeing that they dropped the ball because of the Russian investigation. But, they did drop the ball. As did the other groups I mentioned. It's really very tragic, and that can't be ignored...
    Understood - and thank you for clarifying. I think the FBI is certainly open to criticism for this one.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Cancel 2020.1 For This Post:

TOP (02-21-2018)

4. #18 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,101 Times in 21,165 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,307 Times in 1,235 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Thing1 View Post
    It's an idiotic comment, and a lie. Over 35,000 people work for the FBI.

Can you guys please stop w/ that kind of thing? You're "glad he said it?" Please detail exactly how many of those 35,000 could have been freed up to focus on FL if not for the Russian investigation. Back up Trump's claim w/ some actual facts.
    Yes, I’m glad he said it because it needed to be said.

Kids died because the FBI dropped the ball. They needed a verbal kick in the ass and Trump delivered one.

I’m totally good with it.
    Coup has started. First of many steps. Impeachment will follow ultimately~WB attorney Mark Zaid, January 2017

5. #19 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Omar View Post
    Yes, I’m glad he said it because it needed to be said.

Kids died because the FBI dropped the ball. They needed a verbal kick in the ass and Trump delivered one.

I’m totally good with it.
    Then criticize the FBI for dropping the ball in FL - but don't do it on a FABRICATED PREMISE.

You & Trump refuse to learn on that. He doesn't have to lie - he just likes to.

6. #20 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,318 Times in 2,772 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 215 Times in 209 Posts

Devote more resources to tracking dangerously unstable individuals and less to chasing partisan phantoms?

I’m actually ok with the comment. I’m glad he said it.

Whatever went wrong in Florida has absolutely nothing to do with the Mueller investigation. That's just Trump being an egocentric bastard.

7. #21 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Then criticize the FBI for dropping the ball in FL - but don't do it on a FABRICATED PREMISE.

You & Trump refuse to learn on that. He doesn't have to lie - he just likes to.
    You didn’t major in psychology, did you lol.
    Coup has started. First of many steps. Impeachment will follow ultimately~WB attorney Mark Zaid, January 2017

8. #22 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

You didn’t major in psychology, did you lol.
    Not a major, but of course I understand what you & Trump are doing (or attempting to do).

And it's a lie. Honesty is just another quality that you have ceded as an issue in all future elections by unconditionally supporting Trump.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Cancel 2020.1 For This Post:

Tranquillus in Exile (02-21-2018)

10. #23 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,756 Times in 16,563 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,622 Times in 1,532 Posts

David Hogg: "I don't think it's right that @POTUS blames the @FBI. He is in charge of the bureaucracy. This is my own opinion. He is in charge of the bureaucracy and as such he is responsible for what happened with the miscommunications."

This kid has become a media darling and it’s easy to see why.

He blames Trump for the FBI communication problem in the FL shooting. Hogg has a job waiting for him at CNN when he graduates lol.

Though in a technical sense he’s right—as cheif executive officer Trump is ultimately responsible for the FBI dropping the ball. Though in Trump’s defense, as the executive he was quick to point out the communication problem in the agency.

But Hogg has a problem with Trump blaming the FBI lol. He’s just a kid though, so what do you expect. It’s something a kid would say.

Or a CNN talking head.
    the other day it was "the FBI is independent of POTUS" when Trump was critical-directly contradicting this kid.

In truth the FBI director -not POTUS is responsible for it's actions..
    But don't tell CNN that - it's too juicy a nothing burger for fake news to pass up.

Fake news and the dumbing down of America; playing on a TV set near you.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dukkha For This Post:

Darth Omar (02-21-2018), TOP (02-21-2018)

12. #24 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by noise View Post
    the other day it was "the FBI is independent of POTUS" when Trump was critical-directly contradicting this kid.

In truth the FBI director -not POTUS is responsible for it's actions..
    But don't tell CNN that - it's too juicy a nothing burger for fake news to pass up.

Fake news and the dumbing down of America; playing on a TV set near you.
    You said it - we finally agree. Though it was the righties here on JPP who were trying to say that the FBI is NOT independent of POTUS, and that Obama must have ordered wiretapping & all of that.

And it's Trump who is trying to claim that the Mueller investigation somehow distracted an organization of 35,000 and kept them from preventing this tragedy. And some on the right are glad he says that.

13. #25 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,756 Times in 16,563 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,622 Times in 1,532 Posts

You said it - we finally agree. Though it was the righties here on JPP who were trying to say that the FBI is NOT independent of POTUS, and that Obama must have ordered wiretapping & all of that.

And it's Trump who is trying to claim that the Mueller investigation somehow distracted an organization of 35,000 and kept them from preventing this tragedy. And some on the right are glad he says that.
    That's a different event- so called "weaponizing" the IC by unmasking and removing the bars to raw intel sharing across agencies (instead of the NSA only sharing formal reports). Basically unmasking and wide dissemination of names that were supposed to be minimized

It's extremely complicated/classified and i'm in no mood to explain it..gotta put my sick cat down tomorrow

14. #26 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

You ever have a boss get onto you for screwing up lol?

15. #27 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,172 Times in 10,390 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,876 Times in 4,194 Posts
    Blog Entries

David Hogg: "I don't think it's right that @POTUS blames the @FBI. He is in charge of the bureaucracy. This is my own opinion. He is in charge of the bureaucracy and as such he is responsible for what happened with the miscommunications."

He blames Trump for the FBI communication problem in the FL shooting. Hogg has a job waiting for him at CNN when he graduates lol.

Though in a technical sense he’s right—as cheif executive officer Trump is ultimately responsible for the FBI dropping the ball. Though in Trump’s defense, as the executive he was quick to point out the communication problem in the agency.

But Hogg has a problem with Trump blaming the FBI lol. He’s just a kid though, so what do you expect. It’s something a kid would say.

Or a CNN talking head.
    Trump blamed the Russian investigation for the FBI missing the shooter. In fact, Orangetweet chronically places the blame on everyone else for his own failures. So, the difference? Hogg IS a kid. At least, chronologically. More mature than Orangetweet. And certainly not the liar Trump is.

16. #28 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

If the Russians like to sow discord they’re all up in this one lol.

I wonder how many protests they’re sponsoring.
    Here is one of your useful idiots that is still in denial. Must be your mother.

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefi...-influenced-by

17. #29 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Devote more resources to tracking dangerously unstable individuals and less to chasing partisan phantoms?

I’m actually ok with the comment. I’m glad he said it.
    Such a fan of pathogical liars, I see.

Russian dupe.

18. #30 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,373 Times in 4,319 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,440 Times in 2,029 Posts

Or a CNN talking head.
    You must US presidents mixed up with Kings and Emperors.......10's of thousands of FBI agents and you seriously think Trump is responsible of them all....

If he had the kind of power you imagine, the 7th floor swamp dwellers running the the organization would all be fired by now....and whoever fucked up in Fla. would be long gone.

Young David Hogg is a kid....a kid that just don't know any better....I suspect you a bit older than he is, so you should
    Put blame where it belongs
    ATF decided it could not regulate bump stocks during the Obama administration.
    It that time," the NRA wrote in a statement. "The NRA believes that devices designed to allow semiautomatic rifles to function like fully-automatic rifles should be subject to additional regulations."
    The ATF and Obama admin. ignored the NRA recommendations.