Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Hogg kid

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,101 Times in 21,165 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,307 Times in 1,235 Posts

Default The Hogg kid

David Hogg: "I don't think it's right that @POTUS blames the @FBI. He is in charge of the bureaucracy. This is my own opinion. He is in charge of the bureaucracy and as such he is responsible for what happened with the miscommunications."

This kid has become a media darling and it’s easy to see why.

He blames Trump for the FBI communication problem in the FL shooting. Hogg has a job waiting for him at CNN when he graduates lol.

Though in a technical sense he’s right—as cheif executive officer Trump is ultimately responsible for the FBI dropping the ball. Though in Trump’s defense, as the executive he was quick to point out the communication problem in the agency.

But Hogg has a problem with Trump blaming the FBI lol. He’s just a kid though, so what do you expect. It’s something a kid would say.

Or a CNN talking head.
    Coup has started. First of many steps. Impeachment will follow ultimately~WB attorney Mark Zaid, January 2017

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Darth Omar For This Post:

dukkha (02-21-2018)

3. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,180 Times in 2,409 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 244 Times in 225 Posts

I am sure Trump's Russian bots will continue to spread lies about him to the MAGA conspiracy nuts though.

4. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Kacper View Post
    I am sure Trump's Russian bots will continue to spread lies about him to the MAGA conspiracy nuts though.
    If the Russians like to sow discord they’re all up in this one lol.

I wonder how many protests they’re sponsoring.
    Coup has started. First of many steps. Impeachment will follow ultimately~WB attorney Mark Zaid, January 2017

5. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,010 Times in 8,569 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 498 Times in 487 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Omar View Post
    David Hogg: "I don't think it's right that @POTUS blames the @FBI. He is in charge of the bureaucracy. This is my own opinion. He is in charge of the bureaucracy and as such he is responsible for what happened with the miscommunications."

He blames Trump for the FBI communication problem in the FL shooting. Hogg has a job waiting for him at CNN when he graduates lol.

Though in a technical sense he’s right—as cheif executive officer Trump is ultimately responsible for the FBI dropping the ball. Though in Trump’s defense, as the executive he was quick to point out the communication problem in the agency.

But Hogg has a problem with Trump blaming the FBI lol. He’s just a kid though, so what do you expect. It’s something a kid would say.

Or a CNN talking head.
    Apparently this kid thinks that it's Trump's job to do the day to day duties of all the FBI agents. If that's what he believes, then the pension his dad receives as a retired agent should immediately be revoked. If Trump, as he claims, is responsible for the day to day duties, why did the taxpayers fund his dad's salary and now his pension.

6. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,186 Times in 25,721 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,614 Times in 2,498 Posts

Or a CNN talking head.
    You know his dad's retired from the FBI, right?

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
    ― Charles Dickens

7. The Following User Says Thank You to christiefan915 For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (02-22-2018)

8. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,010 Times in 8,569 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 498 Times in 487 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by christiefan915 View Post
    If Trump is responsible for the day to day duties of the FBI, perhaps Kevin Hogg should give back the sum of his year's salary.

9. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,324 Times in 2,774 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 215 Times in 209 Posts

in Trump’s defense, as the executive he was quick to point out the communication problem in the agency.

He was equally quick to blame it on the FBI spending too much time trying to prove Russia collusion. Do you buy that?

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Tranquillus in Exile For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (02-22-2018)

11. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by christiefan915 View Post
    No, but it explains the comment.

12. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Tranquillus in Exile View Post
    He was equally quick to blame it on the FBI spending too much time trying to prove Russia collusion. Do you buy that?
    No but I get the criticism. It’s something a boss might say.

You have to wonder about their priorities.

13. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,388 Times in 7,999 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 809 Times in 761 Posts

It would be cool to see the same kind of criticism for Trump when he implies that the FBI could have prevented the FL shooting if they weren't so focused on the Russian investigation....

14. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Thing1 View Post
    It would be cool to see the same kind of criticism for Trump when he implies that the FBI could have prevented the FL shooting if they weren't so focused on the Russian investigation....
    Devote more resources to tracking dangerously unstable individuals and less to chasing partisan phantoms?

I’m actually ok with the comment. I’m glad he said it.

15. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,665 Times in 16,592 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,435 Times in 1,357 Posts
    Blog Entries

The FBI could have helped prevent the situation. As could the school. The neighbors. The police. And everyone who was clearly aware that a very obvious disturbed and dangerous young man was out there. for a very long time. That simply cannot be ignored.

16. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Devote more resources to tracking dangerously unstable individuals and less to chasing partisan phantoms?

I’m actually ok with the comment. I’m glad he said it.
    It's an idiotic comment, and a lie. Over 35,000 people work for the FBI.

Can you guys please stop w/ that kind of thing? You're "glad he said it?" Please detail exactly how many of those 35,000 could have been freed up to focus on FL if not for the Russian investigation. Back up Trump's claim w/ some actual facts.

17. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by TOP View Post
    The FBI could have helped prevent the situation. As could the school. The neighbors. The police. And everyone who was clearly aware that a very obvious disturbed and dangerous young man was out there. for a very long time. That simply cannot be ignored.
    It's a disconnect from reality to say that the Russian investigation changed anything. You can find fault w/ the FBI, but still acknowledge reality.

18. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,665 Times in 16,592 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,435 Times in 1,357 Posts
    Blog Entries

It's a disconnect from reality to say that the Russian investigation changed anything. You can find fault w/ the FBI, but still acknowledge reality.
    I'm not necessarily agreeing that they dropped the ball because of the Russian investigation. But, they did drop the ball. As did the other groups I mentioned. It's really very tragic, and that can't be ignored...