Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MSM and Russian Trolls Are Destroying the Democratic Party

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,756 Times in 16,563 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,622 Times in 1,532 Posts

Default MSM and Russian Trolls Are Destroying the Democratic Party

n what feels like the 27th year of the Trump-Russia-Collusion Investigation, what we have most recently learned is that a lawyer no one ever heard of may have made a false statement to the FBI and even erased a few emails concerning events that happened years before the election and have something to do with the Ukraine.

We have further learned that a group of Russians in St. Petersburg have been trolling us since at least 2014 (what took them so long?), playing both sides against the middle and even going so far as to organize a post-election demonstration in front of Trump Tower featuring Michael Moore assuring us that "he's not my president!" while being cheered on by some extraordinarily credulous women with microphones from CNN.

Forget going from the sublime to the ridiculous. This has gone from the ludicrous to the harebrained. The fact that anyone could be taking this nonsense seriously anymore boggles the proverbial mind, but they do -- especially at that antediluvian relic known as the mainstream media.

And therein lies the treachery -- not for Donald Trump, who spends far too much time paying attention to it himself, but for the Democratic Party because, seemingly entranced (even hypnotized) by the non-stop (even now) coverage by CNN and other so-called serious outlets, they have completely forgotten who they are, i. e. a political party with policies, goals, etc.

Trump vs. Oprah: The Matchup We Deserve?

Lost in a Russia-induced haze, the Democratic Party virtually no longer exists.
    They have no ideas, no proposals, nada. There's nothing but Nancy Pelosi whining about "crumbs" while genuine tax reform is appearing live in people's paychecks. The Democrats can dream about a "wave election," but the only wave that seems to be coming their way is a surfer's wipeout.

Nevertheless, CNN et al. bleat on about Russia, Russia, Russia. I have news for Zucker, Tapper, Acosta and company. No one's interested.
    This is the boy who cried wolf times twenty. The public has been on to the game for months now. It's even beginning to show in the polls.

In the process, Adam Schiff may have become the most visible Democrat on the planet, but his face is the image of slimy prevarication.
    He's Nixon with less hair.
    Everyone sees it -- except for that same loyal media claque. It's hard to understand how they could have been so clueless.

They also didn't get that Devin Nunes is a natural born Mr. Smith, an honest guy from the heartland (Fresno), while Schiff is a natural born hustler representing the Hollywood Hills and Burbank. It's basic casting.
    The media is supposed to know something about this, but they miss it by a mile -- and have been unwittingly destroying the Democrats in the process.

Howard Dean: Devin Nunes 'Belongs in Jail'

As one who has been more than once to Russia and, yes, even knew people in the KGB back in the day (please don't surveil me, Mr. Mueller. I'm a loyal American), I am certain that Donald Trump is correct in at least one of his tweets. The Russians are laughing their asses off about this.

And they deserve to. We are the biggest doofuses of all time.

Something has gone very wrong here. The question is how to correct it. Harvard's esteemed Alan Dershowitz has been everywhere insisting that the special counsel investigation should never have occurred. Without a specific crime cited, it had no basis and should have been an internal national security matter and conducted as such.

That's undoubtedly true, but leaves outstanding the question of what to do about some real specific crimes that do seem to exist -- actions taken by the FBI itself, the suborning of the FISA court, etc. This opens a giant can of worms that leads back to the Clinton campaign and foundation, all the unfortunate detritus that has been filling an hour of the Hannity show for over a year.

Dershowitz suggests we forget that too. For whatever reasons -- I could speculate, but I won't -- he's a "let bygones be bygones" guy. He says it's all political in the end and should be decided at the ballot box.

I disagree. But maybe I'm too sentimental about the rule of law. It's a brave new world out there, after all, where we live by the rule of trolls. Who knows what they're cooking up now for their willing stooges in our media?
    https://pjmedia.com/rogerlsimon/msm-...ocratic-party/

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,626 Times in 7,127 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,985 Times in 2,707 Posts
    Blog Entries

You are confused. Trump is reinvigorating the Democratic Party.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to katzgar For This Post:

Bourbon (02-21-2018), evince (02-21-2018)

4. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I am certain that Donald Trump is correct in at least one of his tweets. The Russians are laughing their asses off about this. And they deserve to. We are the biggest doofuses of all time.

5. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,388 Times in 7,999 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 809 Times in 761 Posts

What an uninformed rant that is. Should have guessed it w/ the "27 years" line right off the bat - only hardcore Trump apologists feel that way.

The "Dems have no ideas or proposals" line is so stale & basically ignorant. They're out of power; of course they're not dictating any legislation. But this fall, you will see campaigns based on a strong foundation of issues - the environment, education, healthcare, tax reform that actually benefits the middle class long-term, gun control, et al.

6. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by katzgar View Post
    within your own media echo chamber perhaps..

quck qwiz: Name the Democratic platform planks? *scratches head -comes up blank*

7. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,622 Times in 8,086 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 639 Times in 618 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Thing1 View Post
    What an uninformed rant that is. Should have guessed it w/ the "27 years" line right off the bat - only hardcore Trump apologists feel that way.

The "Dems have no ideas or proposals" line is so stale & basically ignorant. They're out of power; of course they're not dictating any legislation. But this fall, you will see campaigns based on a strong foundation of issues - the environment, education, healthcare, tax reform that actually benefits the middle class long-term, gun control, et al.

What are these "NEW" ides and proposals the democrat party has?

Wealth redistribution? Yeah that is new

8. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

so..change tax reform (after they refused to engage), more money for education,
    gun control (old and stale and about 50-50 split polling).

I am for single pay...do the Dems even want that anymore?

funny the Dems are not talking about ANY OF THIS..but just wait -huh?

"da Russian" is what you guys are basically running on -to Impeach Trump..ya sure..that's gonna sell! lol

9. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by noise View Post
    so..change tax reform (after they refused to engage), more money for education,
    gun control (old and stale and about 50-50 split polling).

I am for single pay...do the Dems even want that anymore?

funny the Dems are not talking about ANY OF THIS..but just wait -huh?

"da Russian" is what you guys are basically running on -to Impeach Trump..ya sure..that's gonna sell! lol
    You can disagree w/ their positions, and I would expect nothing less from a hardcore rightie such as yourself. But it's ignorant to say they don't have positions, and offer nothing but "anti Trump."

My representatives are talking issues. How do you know Democrats aren't? The news only talks about Trump. You need to pay closer attention.

10. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

You can disagree w/ their positions, and I would expect nothing less from a hardcore rightie such as yourself. But it's ignorant to say they don't have positions, and offer nothing but "anti Trump."

My representatives are talking issues. How do you know Democrats aren't? The news only talks about Trump. You need to pay closer attention.
    I am as much a political junkie as anyone here...what do the Dems talk about ?
    the Daily Schiff comes out and insures us the Russians are coming with their collusion...just wait..

They latch onto Mueller..oh wow! another process indictment!! this one is SURELY IT!

meanwhile you got Pelosi's crumbs..I mean this is the news cycle. Russia and crumbs.

what's the economic plan?

what do you want on the enviornment ( green is passe as a policy -it's coming but it's not popular enough to run on)

If you had been still driving Single Pay -I would have heard it..you aren't

My representatives are talking issues. How do you know Democrats aren't? The news only talks about Trump.
    the media is the message

11. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,626 Times in 7,127 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,985 Times in 2,707 Posts
    Blog Entries

NOISE with a blank head now that's certainly not surprising.

12. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I am as much a political junkie as anyone here...what do the Dems talk about ?
    the Daily Schiff comes out and insures us the Russians are coming with their collusion...just wait..

They latch onto Mueller..oh wow! another process indictment!! this one is SURELY IT!

meanwhile you got Pelosi's crumbs..I mean this is the news cycle. Russia and crumbs.

what's the economic plan?

what do you want on the enviornment ( green is passe as a policy -it's coming but it's not popular enough to run on)

If you had been still driving Single Pay -I would have heard it..you aren't

the media is the message
    Well, sorry that you're so ignorant about it. The races this fall will be local, and I'm hearing it locally. You sound like the usual cliché of someone who just watched CNN or Fox, and listens to only the Dem leaders on the Hill.

Besides, issues and platforms don't come into focus until a campaign gets underway, regardless. The same could have been said about Republicans at any point during Obama's admin, but they trounced in their elections when they came around.

Sit tight, anatta. I seriously doubt the Dem party is "destroyed" or close to it. They have outperformed historical results in every single election since Trump won.

13. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,824 Times in 8,868 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 896 Times in 801 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by katzgar View Post

Let them have fun blowing Trump ... all he's going to going to do is Cum in their mouths.
    ONE-N-DONE, YOU GOT PLAYED; Time To Play-On
    Remember ... ELECTIONS HAVE CONSEQUENCES ... So STFU Bitch

14. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Well, sorry that you're so ignorant about it. The races this fall will be local, and I'm hearing it locally. You sound like the usual cliché of someone who just watched CNN or Fox, and listens to only the Dem leaders on the Hill.

Besides, issues and platforms don't come into focus until a campaign gets underway, regardless. The same could have been said about Republicans at any point during Obama's admin, but they trounced in their elections when they came around.

Sit tight, anatta. I seriously doubt the Dem party is "destroyed" or close to it. They have outperformed historical results in every single election since Trump won.
    you can't go by special elections..and yes you have the historical loss by the party in power along with Republican retirings..no doubt the House is in play.

Have you seen the Congressional generic ballot - it's down to about 50-50. that blue wave is starting to look like a puddle.

Issues DO come into play now. all politics are local, but the Democratic brand is written in Cyrillic characters.
    You have no national identity, and from the looks of it are still clinging to"da Russians" to get elected.

Even Chris Matthews has been saying this

15. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,766 Times in 27,240 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 19,590 Times in 18,179 Posts
    Blog Entries

within your own media echo chamber perhaps..

quck qwiz: Name the Democratic platform planks? *scratches head -comes up blank*
    its all on paper at the DNC for you to read idiot

16. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,824 Times in 8,868 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 896 Times in 801 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by evince View Post
    its all on paper at the DNC for you to read idiot

Key Word = Read
    ONE-N-DONE, YOU GOT PLAYED; Time To Play-On
    Remember ... ELECTIONS HAVE CONSEQUENCES ... So STFU Bitch