Members banned from this thread: Minister of Truth, cawacko, evince, zappasguitar, domer76, Nomad and Kobie

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Does every person who suffers a tragedy get to set public policy?

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,622 Times in 8,086 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 639 Times in 618 Posts

Default Does every person who suffers a tragedy get to set public policy?

This is a serious question.

Is that our new standard now?

First I am not saying that what some of these kids experience wasn't traumatic. I do find it curious that it is the same faces that are now being put out there by the media. They seem very coached and rehearsed, but that is beside the point for this conversation.

My question is this. Just because these kids suffered through a tragedy, does that give them the right to set public policy?

Can we extend that to other aspects of life?

For example do survivors of muslime terrorism get to set policy on muslimes?

Do victims of illegal immigration get to set policy on immigration?

Do victims of airline disasters get to set airline policy?

Why are these kids now all of a sudden so special?

I know the left tries to craft these so called "unassailable" arguments with so called "unimpeachable" mouthpieces. But, we know that there are left wing groups behind these kids pulling the strings. We have seen it too many times before. Like everything else, once you throw yourself into the public arena you open yourself up for criticism. And hiding behind "you hate children" isn't going to advance your argument.

BTW. Tim Ryan a pretty reliable democrat was on Chris Matthews last night and banning the AR15 was a non starter for him. So maybe you guys will have to wait a while.

2. The Following User Groans At canceled.2021.2 For This Awful Post:

Nordberg (02-21-2018)

3. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,145 Times in 10,539 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,987 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aa

4. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,626 Times in 7,127 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,985 Times in 2,707 Posts
    Blog Entries

Teflon Don is a Russian bot

5. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,456 Times in 2,386 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 941 Times in 861 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Teflon Don View Post

First I am not saying that what some of these kids experience wasn't traumatic. I do find it curious that it is the same faces that are now being put out there by the media. They seem very coached and rehearsed, but that is beside the point for this conversation.

My question is this. Just because these kids suffered through a tragedy, does that give them the right to set public policy?

I know the left tries to craft these so called "unassailable" arguments with so called "unimpeachable" mouthpieces. But, we know that there are left wing groups behind these kids pulling the strings. We have seen it too many times before. Like everything else, once you throw yourself into the public arena you open yourself up for criticism. And hiding behind "you hate children" isn't going to advance your argument.

BTW. Tim Ryan a pretty reliable democrat was on Chris Matthews last night and banning the AR15 was a non starter for him. So maybe you guys will have to wait a while.
    Typical nonsense, since you know perfectly well it doesn't happen - but those who suffer should be listened to rather than lied about, even in Trump's ludicrous hell-hole.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to iolo For This Post:

christiefan915 (02-21-2018)

7. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

So no rational responses? Didn’t think so. These kids are being used by the left just like Cindy Sheehan was and just like Sandra Fluke was.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

8. The Following User Says Thank You to canceled.2021.2 For This Post:

MAGA MAN (02-21-2018)

9. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,824 Times in 8,868 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 896 Times in 801 Posts
    Blog Entries

YES, in America you're allowed to try.

You should know that ... Gerrymandering and Voter Suppression for example
    ONE-N-DONE, YOU GOT PLAYED; Time To Play-On
    Remember ... ELECTIONS HAVE CONSEQUENCES ... So STFU Bitch

10. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,456 Times in 2,386 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 941 Times in 861 Posts

So no rational responses? Didn’t think so. These kids are being used by the left just like Cindy Sheehan was and just like Sandra Fluke was.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Q u a c k, q u a c k!

11. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,388 Times in 7,999 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 809 Times in 761 Posts

They're not setting any policy. They're being advocates - legislators still set the actual policy.

And this one has reached a sort of critical mass. People are tired of seeing this kind of tragedy in the headlines; parents are tired of being worried about sending their kids to school; kids are tired of seeing their peers shot or have that kind of fear.

I tend to think that whatever legislation results from this will probably not be effective, and be more symbolic than anything. But I still love that it's the students who are leading the charge and making their voices heard on this issue. Democracy in all of its glory.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Cancel 2020.1 For This Post:

christiefan915 (02-21-2018)

13. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,027 Times in 6,221 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 710 Times in 658 Posts
    Blog Entries

What a fucking idiot Teflon is being. Of course he's probably just goading people like he always does. They aren't setting anything, human beings are just trying to defend precious things that actually matter. Whenever something happens enough to shake peoples humanity, action is normally taken. I'm sorry some have to trade theirs away for toys, and joys, but we sure as hell aren't going to let you types dictate policy. People would suffer, while the guise of me, myself, and I, and personal decadence ruined things as a whole, and this country would fall in the same manners that befell the Roman Empire.

14. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,240 Times in 13,965 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,054 Times in 2,849 Posts

Sure, anyone can try, but your mistaken, it is not "setting" policy, but rather attempting to influence public policy

And the somebody "is behind these kids" is lame, I think that charge dates back to the 90's when supposedly Soros was responsible for everything occurring on the left. Do these kids have assistence, of course, at this point there surely are groups working with them to guide them, they are kids, but the pure emotion is real, ain't subversive Commie shells inside the effort

15. #11 | Top
    Living in rural America, "clinging to guns and religion"
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,612 Times in 17,052 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 522 Times in 502 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jade Dragon View Post
    What a fucking idiot Teflon is being. Of course he's probably just goading people like he always does. They aren't setting anything, human beings are just trying to defend precious things that actually matter. Whenever something happens enough to shake peoples humanity, action is normally taken. I'm sorry some have to trade theirs away for toys, and joys, but we sure as hell aren't going to let you types dictate policy. People would suffer, while the guise of me, myself, and I, and personal decadence ruined things as a whole, and this country would fall in the same manners that befell the Roman Empire.
    Policy has been "dictated" for over 200 years by our constitution.
    Who's the idiot?
    Common sense is not a gift, it's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone who doesn't have it.

16. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,388 Times in 7,999 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 809 Times in 761 Posts

Why does a lying narcissist get to set policy? That's the question we should be asking.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cancel 2020.1 For This Post:

christiefan915 (02-21-2018), Micawber (02-21-2018)

18. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by archives View Post
    Sure, anyone can try, but your mistaken, it is not "setting" policy, but rather attempting to influence public policy

And the somebody "is behind these kids" is lame, I think that charge dates back to the 90's when supposedly Soros was responsible for everything occurring on the left. Do these kids have assistence, of course, at this point there surely are groups working with them to guide them, they are kids, but the pure emotion is real, ain't subversive Commie shells inside the effort

These kids are being played just the way Cindy Sheehan was played. You should be ashamed of yourself.

But, it won't work.

19. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,832 Times in 17,264 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,598 Times in 4,276 Posts

Teflon Dimitri thread started from his bunker in Russia. He is dancing to Putin's music. Stir shit up. Start chaos and arguments. Tear the American people apart. How much do you get paid? Should not be much, you suck at it. You are so far off that it is borderline political humor. Except like all rightys, they are just not funny.
    Last edited by Nordberg; 02-21-2018 at 11:40 AM.

20. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,986 Times in 2,762 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 178 Times in 173 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by katzgar View Post
    Teflon Don is a Russian bot
    katzgar is severely mentally retarded

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Sirthinksalot For This Post:

cancel2 2022 (02-21-2018)