Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: PA supreme court announces new congressional map!

1. #31 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 83,429 Times in 53,293 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,661 Times in 4,380 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Nordberg View Post
    Teflon Dumb at is again. Too dumb to understand the courts are where you go to resolve problems, hopefully on a legal basis. it is rectifying a condition that cheated people out of the equal power of their vote. The districts were deliberately carved up to make an advantage for the Repubs. Teflon is so bad, that you have to wonder if he is actually a Russian, paid to sow chaos and anger in America. They said the Russians were doing it again. This is how it would look. Tell Putin it will not work this time.
    Boris uses higher-quality bots than Teflon Brain.

2. #32 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,824 Times in 8,868 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 896 Times in 801 Posts
    Blog Entries

Tick Tock
    ONE-N-DONE, YOU GOT PLAYED; Time To Play-On
    Remember ... ELECTIONS HAVE CONSEQUENCES ... So STFU Bitch

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bourbon For This Post:

FUCK THE POLICE (02-20-2018), ThatOwlWoman (02-20-2018)

4. #33 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,232 Times in 3,450 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,212 Times in 1,887 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Grind x Watermark View Post
    Partisan gerrymandering violates the constitution.
    Really? Where does it say that?
    Reckless drivers are a bigger threat to you than all other criminals put together!

THE BIG LIE - Blacks and whites are different physically but identical mentally!

There is no way 81 million americans voted for a man they know is a child molester w dementia. Impeach Joe the Pedophile Vegetable (JPV)

5. #34 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 7 Times in 7 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PraiseKek View Post
    The judiciary has no authority whatsoever to draw congressional districts, that power is reserved exclusively to the legislative branch. There is nothing illegal or unconstitutional about gerrymandering and it does nothing whatsoever to overturn democracy. The DNC run PA Supreme Court just overthrew the PA Constitution.
    When you have party that draws lines so only their party has a chance to win then it turns to the judicial to makes things right...No the PA Supreme Court overthrow anything, the court upheld the rights for all not just the few.

6. #35 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 326 Times in 306 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cash View Post
    When you have party that draws lines so only their party has a chance to win then it turns to the judicial to makes things right...No the PA Supreme Court overthrow anything, the court upheld the rights for all not just the few.
    No they overthrew the PA and Federal Constitution, gerrymandering is not unconstitutional, you don't know what the fuck you're talking about, the Constitution is clear, the right to draw districts is exclusively reserved for the Legislative branch of government.

Article 1 Section 4 - Elections, Meetings. The Times, Places and Manner of holding Elections for Senators and Representatives, shall be prescribed in each State by the Legislature thereof; but the Congress may at any time by Law make or alter such Regulations, except as to the Place of Chusing Senators.

7. #36 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,821 Times in 6,166 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,532 Times in 1,444 Posts
    Blog Entries

There's gonna be hell to pay come 2018.
    "Do not think that I came to bring peace... I did not come to bring peace, but a sword." - Matthew 10:34

8. #37 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

When legislatures have refused to draw constitutional districts in the past, courts have taken it upon themselves to redraw the lounges. This is hardly without precedent.
    "Do not think that I came to bring peace... I did not come to bring peace, but a sword." - Matthew 10:34

9. #38 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

No they overthrew the PA and Federal Constitution, gerrymandering is not unconstitutional, you don't know what the fuck you're talking about, the Constitution is clear, the right to draw districts is exclusively reserved for the Legislative branch of government.

Article 1 Section 4 - Elections, Meetings. The Times, Places and Manner of holding Elections for Senators and Representatives, shall be prescribed in each State by the Legislature thereof; but the Congress may at any time by Law make or alter such Regulations, except as to the Place of Chusing Senators.

YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT THE FUK YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT....YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND DICK " THE SUPREME COURT DREW THE LINES ACCORDING TO THE WAY THEY SHOULD BE BEFORE THE FUK HEAD REBOOBCONS ILLEGALLY DID THEM..ONLY A$$ HOLES WOULD AGREE WITH YOU...I CHOSE THE SUPREME COURT FOOL.

10. #39 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Partisan symmetry is imo the ideal. It's the best we can do besides proportional representation. It should be balanced with compactness of course, this map does a good job of that.

11. #40 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 326 Times in 306 Posts
    Blog Entries

YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT THE FUK YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT....YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND DICK " THE SUPREME COURT DREW THE LINES ACCORDING TO THE WAY THEY SHOULD BE BEFORE THE FUK HEAD REBOOBCONS ILLEGALLY DID THEM.

The DNC controlled PA Supreme Court has no authority to draw any lines anywhere, that power is reserved exclusivelyto the legislative branch, partisan gerrymandering is perfectly legal ans constitutional.

.ONLY A$$ HOLES WOULD AGREE WITH YOU...I CHOSE THE SUPREME COURT FOOL.
    Show me under what Constitutional authority the PA Supreme Court has to for redistricting, this will be the only response you receive from me from here on out until you provide the exact text from either the PA or Federal Constitution which granted them said authority.

12. #41 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,978 Times in 32,293 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,869 Times in 2,756 Posts
    Blog Entries

YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT THE FUK YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT....YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND DICK " THE SUPREME COURT DREW THE LINES ACCORDING TO THE WAY THEY SHOULD BE BEFORE THE FUK HEAD REBOOBCONS ILLEGALLY DID THEM.
    I wonder if Cash was aware that the PA Supreme Court found the same districts were constitutional in 2012......when did they become "illegal"?......

13. #42 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

The DNC controlled PA Supreme Court has no authority to draw any lines anywhere, that power is reserved exclusivelyto the legislative branch, partisan gerrymandering is perfectly legal ans constitutional.

Show me under what Constitutional authority the PA Supreme Court has to for redistricting, this will be the only response you receive from me from here on out until you provide the exact text from either the PA or Federal Constitution which granted them said authority.

I don't have to post a law, it's the judicial right, job and it's constitutional to resolve issues when these issues step over the line to being illegal and in this case invalidating one parties vote through gerrymandering is illegal because it guarantees the vote for one party forever, our system would fall apart if the people knew
    their vote would never count, the vote must be impartial and when it isn't the courts, which is the proper part of government will take it up make the decision, then the legislature will make a law conforming to the courts decision

There was no law that the courts come down with a ruling in the bush gore election when bush was made president but it did.... you may be to young to know anything about that

OK do you believe one party can use gerrymandering so the other party can never be elected again forever? If so you'd be better off living in a country that believes that kind of government, russia would be a fit.