Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Russia Isn’t the Only One Meddling in Elections. We Do It Too. (NYT)

1. #16 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,388 Times in 7,999 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 809 Times in 761 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by noise View Post
    isn't meddling in an election by anyone deplorable? why only the Russians?
    I happen to think we shouldn't be engaged in that kind of activity - but when THEY do it to US, it's a national security issue. "Hypocrisy" for standards of behavior have zero to do w/ it.

2. #17 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,101 Times in 21,165 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,307 Times in 1,235 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Thing1 View Post
    I happen to think we shouldn't be engaged in that kind of activity - but when THEY do it to US, it's a national security issue. "Hypocrisy" for standards of behavior have zero to do w/ it.
    When it’s proven Russians can affect an election outcome is the day it becomes ‘a national security issue’.

In the meantime, we can enact measures to encounter their annoyance.
    Coup has started. First of many steps. Impeachment will follow ultimately~WB attorney Mark Zaid, January 2017

3. #18 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Omar View Post
    When it’s proven Russians can affect an election outcome is the day it becomes ‘a national security issue’.

In the meantime, we can enact measures to encounter their annoyance.
    The fact that they tried to is enough for me. And in an election decided by 71,000 votes, it's not really a stretch to think they might have succeeded.

But, of course, you & I have different standards for that kind of thing.

4. #19 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,756 Times in 16,563 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,622 Times in 1,532 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Thing1 View Post
    It's national security for nations we do it too. do they deserve our meddling?

And lets be clear- this was no US type invasion or cyberhacking on the scale of China's OMB hacking.
    we're like Chicken Little running around "The sky is falling!" to a rather blase event at best.

5. #20 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

It's national security for nations we do it too. do they deserve our meddling?
    Those nations and their voters can decide what's best for their national security. I'm concerned about America.

6. #21 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,235 Times in 10,345 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,490 Times in 1,337 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cypress View Post
    Unless I missed it, it appears you forgot to cut and paste this part of your NY Times article
    our various 3 letter agencies have propped up numerous dictatorships as well, the old cypress used to know this.

---

Quote Originally Posted by Mott the Hoople View Post
    Grind is basically right
    Quote Originally Posted by Phantasmal View Post
    Grind’s got you beat by miles. He is very intelligent.

7. #22 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 7 Times in 7 Posts

FOR ALL YOU IMPOTENT RED NECKS THAT NEED A 12YR OLD TO GET IT HARD.. THE PROBLEM IS WE NEVER GOT RID OF PUTIN
    YET WE ENDED UP WITH THE CONMAN MORON COMMUNIST

8. #23 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,683 Times in 27,327 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,977 Times in 2,694 Posts

I left it out as it was off tangent -but sure lets go there.
    that is the pure definition of a neocon interventionist foreign policy ( Iraq/Libya) - are you sure you want to go there?
    Oh, I see. You left it out because it contradicted you.

I do not believe your objective is "real politick". I believe your objective is to defend Trump....at all costs.

The problem with being an uber-partisan, flip-flopping, party-over-country hypocrite is that it is utterly transparent. The Trump-loving rightwing can not make a principled, cogent argument, while clinging to unprecedented hypocrisy. The hypocrisy is utterly transparent to everyone here, including yourself.

It was only two years ago when the rightwing was hollering at Obama for allegedly not being tough enough on Putin. Everybody here remember that.

Now, we are supposed to believe Trumptards are totally fine, perhaps even encouraging, Russian meddling in our internal affairs?

If a Democratic presidential contender had not only lost the popular vote by millions, but also been the preferred candidate of the Kremlin, you would literally see the rightwing going into full meltdown mode. We would not have enough fainting couches for the fits of rage and conniptions. A Republican congress would have already started impeaching proceedings.

You know that. I know that. Everyone here knows that.

9. #24 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,626 Times in 7,127 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,985 Times in 2,707 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by iewitness View Post
    I know barack and the damned did it; otherwise I have not seen it in real time. not my DOJ/ Dept. of State or whatever. I am innocent.
    you need to have your english tutor help you brush up on your english Ivan.

10. #25 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,756 Times in 16,563 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,622 Times in 1,532 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cypress View Post
    Oh, I see. You left it out because it contradicted you.

I do not believe your objective is "real politick". I believe your objective is to defend Trump....at all costs.

The problem with being an uber-partisan, flip-flopping, party-over-country hypocrite is that it is utterly transparent. The Trump-loving rightwing can not make a principled, cogent argument, while clinging to unprecedented hypocrisy. The hypocrisy is utterly transparent to everyone here, including yourself.

It was only two years ago when the rightwing was hollering at Obama for allegedly not being tough enough on Putin. Everybody here remember that.

Now, we are supposed to believe Trumptards are totally fine, perhaps even encouraging, Russian meddling in our internal affairs?

If a Democratic presidential contender had not only lost the popular vote by millions, but also been the preferred candidate of the Kremlin, you would literally see the rightwing going into full meltdown mode. We would not have enough fainting couches for the fits of rage and conniptions. A Republican congress would have already started impeaching proceedings.

You know that. I know that. Everyone here knows that.
    who gives a flying fvck what you "believe"? how many times have I mentioned realpolitik as what should be he guiding principle between nations.
    It's just common sense - we deal with each other for own own best interests. They do the same.

We have a lot of brass balls though to sanction Putin after Iraq ( which you always harp on) as well as Libyan regime change. That wasn't even in our interest, lie Crimea was for Putin..it was pure neocon plays.

We just destroy small nations and regime change because we can -because of American Exceptionalism.
    The OP shows we meddle in elections too, and you know we all spy on each other..

the only difference is it was PUTIN THE EVIL RUSSIAN doing it this time, so we get sanctimonious
    (like your posting style), as well as cut off our nose to spite our face with sanctions and Cold war 2.

..the politicians gin up Russiaphobia and you morons swallow it. Yankee Doodle