Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Is climate change real?

1. #31 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,177 Times in 991 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 313 Times in 276 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Omar View Post
    Climate change/global warming may be real.
    It might be. If it is real, we'd only lose Florida. No big loss to me. Floridians don't even know how to vote right.

2. #32 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,051 Times in 26,519 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,742 Times in 4,521 Posts
    Blog Entries

Posted this before but it needs another airing.

Sent from my Lenovo K8 using Tapatalk

3. The Following User Says Thank You to cancel2 2022 For This Post:

Damocles (02-21-2018)

4. #33 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 2 Times in 2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Havana Moon View Post
    So what exactly are your scientific credentials then? I am guessing none, but you are yet another that appeals to authority on your behalf. Obviating the need for you to do any actual research and thinking.

Why do they need scientific credentials when he is simply stating facts gathered which is supported on a vast majority of reputable websites. You seem to dislike anyone stating facts or statistics. Provide me with these on why climate change is not occurring??

5. #34 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,010 Times in 8,569 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 498 Times in 487 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cypress View Post
    Our esteemed and morbidly obese president is on public record calling global warming a "Chinese Hoax".

You could either assume he is a dim witted moron, or he is a pathological liar.

Being Trump, I am going to assume both are true.
    It's a hoax, PERIOD.

Professional wrestling is more real than the bullshit you support.

6. #35 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,145 Times in 10,539 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,987 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

Posted this before but it needs another airing.

Well, I must admit that is as credible a source of scientific literature as ever you have posted.

7. #36 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by goldkam View Post
    Why do they need scientific credentials when he is simply stating facts gathered which is supported on a vast majority of reputable websites. You seem to dislike anyone stating facts or statistics. Provide me with these on why climate change is not occurring??
    Because Havana Poon has no credentials in climate science himself, cannot possibly offer a single high impact peer reviewed paper in climate science that agrees with him, and so all he trades on is ad hom.
    He thinks his chemistry degree from 1909 allows him to shout down anyone who actually does post peer reviewed scientific papers and evidence in the applicable field under discussion.
    He's ugly and stupid like that.

8. #37 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,787 Times in 32,153 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,865 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

after all that has been said and done, why do some lib'ruls still pretend that man made global warming is a real issue?......

9. #38 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by goldkam View Post
    No, I have posted a huge number of papers, discussion documents and scientific evidence over the years. Use the search facility and stop being lazy.

10. #39 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,180 Times in 2,409 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 244 Times in 225 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Debate507 View Post
    Much debate continues re climate change, with so many denying despite evidence. Why can't we just accept accountability for our actions.
    Correlation does not equal causation. There is too much we don't know and too much to account for. Sure the climate is changing. It always has. How much man has to do with that remains to be seen.

11. #40 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

No, I have posted a huge number of papers, discussion documents and scientific evidence over the years. Use the search facility and stop being lazy.

You have never posted a single high impact peer reviewed scholarly journal article that concludes the scientific basis for global warming is false, that the claim that man is causing climate change is false or anything else of importance.
    Not a single instance, ever. You have posted blogs from climate denial websites funded by petroleum or opinions of deniers with expertise tangential to climate science, never actual
    practicing climate scientists. None of your sources ever have any independent evidence ever from doing anything, only critiques of others that actually do.
    You have attempted to use those who are not climate scientists to discredit actual climate scientists. You have attempted and failed in every instance
    to discount the LOGICAL verity of non experts, of which YOU are one, adopting the consensus of actual experts in the field of climate science. This is because you take a heterodox position
    for no rational reason, and are forced to do so because there is nothing else you can do. If the science WAS on your side, I'd BE on that side. If the science was on your side,
    you'd likely be on mine. Get it, stupid?

12. #41 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Micawber View Post
    You have never posted a single high impact peer reviewed scholarly journal article that concludes the scientific basis for global warming is false, that the claim that man is climate change is false or anything else of importance.
    Not a single instance, ever. You have posted blogs from climate denial websites funded by petroleum or opinions of deniers with expertise tangential to climate science, never actual
    practicing climate scientists. None of your sources ever have any independent evidence ever from doing anything, only critiques of others that actually do.
    You have attempted to use those who are not climate scientists to discredit actual climate scientists. You have attempted and failed in every instance
    to discount the LOGICAL verity of non experts, of which YOU are one, adopting the consensus of actual experts in the field of climate science. This is because you take a heterodox position
    for no rational reason, and are forced to do so because there is nothing else you can do. If the science WAS on your side, I'd BE on that side. If the science was on your side,
    you'd likely be on mine. Get it, stupid?
    Unread!

13. #42 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,824 Times in 8,868 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 896 Times in 801 Posts
    Blog Entries

Do still not know the difference between Global Climate and Local Weather?
    ONE-N-DONE, YOU GOT PLAYED; Time To Play-On
    Remember ... ELECTIONS HAVE CONSEQUENCES ... So STFU Bitch

14. #43 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Unread!

Good. I'm talking past you anyway.

15. #44 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

New Paper: 1,407 Contiguous U.S. Temp Stations Reveal NO WARMING TREND During 1901-2015

The Warming ‘Hole’ Myth: Non-Warming Regions Are More Rule Than Exception

Earlier this month, the authors of a new paper (Partridge et al., 2018) published in Geophysical Research Letters promulgated the term “warming hole” to describe the cooling temperatures gripping most of the Eastern half of the United States from the late 1950s through 2015.

“We present a novel approach to characterize the spatiotemporal evolution of regional cooling across the eastern U.S. (commonly called the U.S. warming hole), by defining a spatially explicit boundary around the region of most persistent cooling.

The warming hole emerges after a regime shift in 1958 where annual maximum (Tmax) and minimum (Tmin) temperatures decreased by 0.46°C and 0.83°C respectively. … [T]he seasonal modes also vary in causation. Winter temperatures in the warming hole are significantly correlated with the Meridional Circulation Index (MCI), North Atlantic Oscillation (NAO), and Pacific Decadal Oscillation (PDO). … We select only stations in the contiguous U.S. that have an 80% complete record from 1901-2015, resulting in 1407 temperature stations.”

But is this particular Eastern U.S. cooling trend truly an exception for this period?* From all appearances, no.* Large regions of the Earth have also cooled, or at least not warmed, in the last several decades.

Even a closer inspection of this “warming hole” paper (Partridge et al., 2018) reveals that not only did 124 temperature stations from the Eastern U.S. “warming hole” region show a cooling trend since the 1950s, but another 1,283 stations from the rest of the continental U.S. (mostly the Western half) also did not collectively show a clear warming trend throughout the entire 115-year period.

In other words, 1,407 temperature stations from across the contiguous U.S. do not show any warming trend during 1901 to 2015.

https://climatechangedispatch.com/ne...1901-2015/amp/

16. #45 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

"Overwhelming scientific evidence has demonstrated that our planet is getting warmer due to climate change, "

Read more at: https://phys.org/news/2018-02-polar-...heast.html#jCp

"The warming hole is fundamentally different than global temperature trends, which have been rising since 1880. "
    http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/1...09B1D09.f03t03

Sad you misrepresent YOUR OWN source. I guess that's what happens when you track a blog and incorporate their misinformation campaign.