Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: Cruz is a perfect example of white male privilege!

1. #76 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,773 Times in 2,207 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 970 Times in 889 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TTQ64 View Post
    Kops went to his house 39 times in 7 years.

Black kids go to juvenile hall sometimes on the first call, or they are shot dead like Tamir Rice.

Stop blaming the FBI when it's the kops who let this kid run rampant in the neighborhood.

How come they can come up with laws for Blacks like stop and frisk, but can't come up with laws to stop white boys who could eventually commit mass murder?

Stop worrying about Blacks, Mexicans and Muslims and start worrying about your own.
    I worry about ALL problem makers, race hustler, and you should do the same.
    Free speech is cool as long as it jibes with our program.

-- The Left

2. #77 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,610 Times in 10,571 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 578 Times in 535 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Flash View Post
    He was not adopted. His father was born in Cuba and later came to the U. S. and went to the University of Texas. He married an American woman and they took a job in Canada where Rafael Edward Cruz was born and then grew up in Houston. He later gave up his Canadian citizenship. Trump claimed Cruz's father had something to do with JFK's assassination.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ted_Cruz
    Wrong Cruz. We're talking about the shooter. Nikolas Cruz. He was adopted as an infant along with his older brother by the Cruz family. His father (the one who adopted him) died when he was 6, then his mother about 3 months before the shooting (I think).
    Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but rather we have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
    - -- Aristotle

Believe nothing on the faith of traditions, even though they have been held in honor for many generations and in diverse places. Do not believe a thing because many people speak of it. Do not believe on the faith of the sages of the past. Do not believe what you yourself have imagined, persuading yourself that a God inspires you. Believe nothing on the sole authority of your masters and priests. After examination, believe what you yourself have tested and found to be reasonable, and conform your conduct thereto.
    - -- The Buddha

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    - -- Aristotle

3. #78 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,758 Times in 4,508 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 185 Times in 181 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Damocles View Post
    Wrong Cruz. We're talking about the shooter. Nikolas Cruz.
    Oooops!

4. #79 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 83,398 Times in 53,276 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,661 Times in 4,380 Posts
    Blog Entries

Black kids go to juvenile hall sometimes on the first call, or they are shot dead like Tamir Rice.

Stop blaming the FBI when it's the kops who let this kid run rampant in the neighborhood.

How come they can come up with laws for Blacks like stop and frisk, but can't come up with laws to stop white boys who could eventually commit mass murder?

Stop worrying about Blacks, Mexicans and Muslims and start worrying about your own.
    A couple weeks ago here where we live there was a stand-off incident in town. Cops were asked to do a well-being check on a woman who apparently was having some mental issues. When they knocked on the door, she opened it and pointed a gun at them, then slammed the door. They got a hostage negotiator and eventually got her to put away the weapon. She was white. What do you think would have happened if she had been black and pointed a gun at the police?

5. The Following User Says Thank You to ThatOwlWoman For This Post:

TTQ64 (02-18-2018)

6. #80 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,680 Times in 27,325 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,977 Times in 2,694 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post
    A couple weeks ago here where we live there was a stand-off incident in town. Cops were asked to do a well-being check on a woman who apparently was having some mental issues. When they knocked on the door, she opened it and pointed a gun at them, then slammed the door. They got a hostage negotiator and eventually got her to put away the weapon. She was white. What do you think would have happened if she had been black and pointed a gun at the police?
    Probably blown away in a hail storm of lead bullets.

I just do not have a good feel for what it feels like to live under a constant veil of suspicion. Which is why I try to remember - if not always successfully - that I am protected, and given privilege, to some extent by my skin color and gender.

Some peripheral experiences with a few muslim friends and black friends really does not count for much. I am an outside observer, witnessing ephemeral events which do not directly impact me.

It would probably do us all some good to know what it feels like to under sense of constant mistrust, to be under a veil of unrelenting suspicion.
    I for one am doing my part! At this point, I pretty much constantly try to assume that rightwing posters are lying, slandering, racist, sociopathic, libeling, barely educated POS's!

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cypress For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (02-18-2018), TTQ64 (02-18-2018)

8. #81 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,756 Times in 16,563 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,622 Times in 1,532 Posts

I guess!........I remember a woman named darmocel

Oh well. A lot of people were fooled by anatta, cawacky, sailor and aloysis.......I had them all pegged from day 1.

I guess this person had me fooled.....shrugging shoulders.
    you are one sharpy cookie TTQ.
    everybody is a racist! dang I wish I was that insightful

9. #82 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,756 Times in 16,563 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,622 Times in 1,532 Posts

uh interesting. I remember a darmocel or darmosel.

I remember calling her darm. She was a liberal and buddhist as well

Anyway.............whatever!
    she was from Washington state. Darmoisel.
    She left DCJ when it went to DCJ#2. She was extremely knowlegable of all religions -
    but she was Mahayana Buddhist

10. #83 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,685 Times in 2,733 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 707 Times in 647 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post

Doesn't happen that way for Blacks. And, not all Blacks get monetarily compensated.

Jury Awards $37 Million To Family Of Korryn Gaines, Woman Killed By Police In 2016
    Baltimore police shot and killed Gaines, 23, during a six-hour standoff.

The family of Korryn Gaines, a young woman shot and killed by a Baltimore County police officer in 2016, has been awarded $37 million after a jury ruled Friday that the officer’s actions were improper. Police say Gaines, 23, raised a shotgun into the firing position during what had turned into six-hour standoff, and that Officer Royce Ruby’s actions were therefore justified. Ruby fired a bullet that killed Gaines and wounded her son, Kodi, who was 5 at the time. Kodi was awarded $32 million in Friday’s judgment, according to WBAL. Gaines’ daughter, Karsyn Courtney, was awarded $4.5 million. Her father and mother each received $300,000, and the Gaines estate was awarded an additional $300,000. The all-female jury of six reached its verdict after three hours of deliberations. None of the money awarded was for punitive damages.

Gaines’ family welcomed the verdict as a victory for the broader community.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...b00bc49f4404fc

11. The Following User Says Thank You to TTQ64 For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (02-18-2018)

12. #84 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cypress View Post
    Probably blown away in a hail storm of lead bullets.

I just do not have a good feel for what it feels like to live under a constant veil of suspicion. Which is why I try to remember - if not always successfully - that I am protected, and given privilege, to some extent by my skin color and gender.

Some peripheral experiences with a few muslim friends and black friends really does not count for much. I am an outside observer, witnessing ephemeral events which do not directly impact me.

It would probably do us all some good to know what it feels like to under sense of constant mistrust, to be under a veil of unrelenting suspicion.
    I for one am doing my part! At this point, I pretty much constantly try to assume that rightwing posters are lying, slandering, racist, sociopathic, libeling, barely educated POS's!
    Acknowledgement is half the battle. I for one appreciate that. If most whites acknowledge their privilege we can start to find solutions to work together to move forward.

"It would probably do us all some good to know what it feels like to under sense of constant mistrust, to be under a veil of unrelenting suspicion".

OMG! You win the internet today! Can you imagine?

This is why Black parents have to have the talk with their children.

Believe it or not, I don't care if people have their suspicions, I don't automatically trust whites either. Its when white suspicions are effecting laws that single out certain minorities. THAT is the problem.

13. #85 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by noise View Post
    you are one sharpy cookie TTQ.
    everybody is a racist! dang I wish I was that insightful
    Not everybody.

14. #86 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,373 Times in 4,319 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,440 Times in 2,029 Posts

Alicia Blonde, a teacher at the Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School, remembered school shooter Nikolas Cruz as someone who had a "pride issue" with his Hispanic background and "didn't feel comfortable in his own skin, in his culture."

"I remember him being a very quiet student," the teacher told MSNBC's Ali Velshi. "He has a Hispanic background. I remember that he didn't really like to speak Spanish too much. I think there was some pride issue there. He didn't feel comfortable in his own skin, in his own culture."
    ============
    Even though you have to bring race into just about everything you talk about
    its disingenuous to lump CRUZ in with European whites and their dependents.....he is Hispanic, plain and simple.
    He is no more white than Obama is white....
    Put blame where it belongs
    ATF decided it could not regulate bump stocks during the Obama administration.
    It that time," the NRA wrote in a statement. "The NRA believes that devices designed to allow semiautomatic rifles to function like fully-automatic rifles should be subject to additional regulations."
    The ATF and Obama admin. ignored the NRA recommendations.

15. #87 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by noise View Post
    she was from Washington state. Darmoisel.
    She left DCJ when it went to DCJ#2. She was extremely knowlegable of all religions -
    but she was Mahayana Buddhist
    Yes, that's her.

Thank you.

Things that make you go ummmmmmmmmmmmm?????????????????????

It's why I always keep one eye open.

Darmoisel
    Damocles

Both Buddhist

Just saying.

16. #88 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NOVA View Post
    Alicia Blonde, a teacher at the Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School, remembered school shooter Nikolas Cruz as someone who had a "pride issue" with his Hispanic background and "didn't feel comfortable in his own skin, in his culture."

"I remember him being a very quiet student," the teacher told MSNBC's Ali Velshi. "He has a Hispanic background. I remember that he didn't really like to speak Spanish too much. I think there was some pride issue there. He didn't feel comfortable in his own skin, in his own culture."
    ============
    Even though you have to bring race into just about everything you talk about
    its disingenuous to lump CRUZ in with European whites and their dependents.....he is Hispanic, plain and simple.
    He is no more white than Obama is white....
    STFU!

He's a white racist who trained with white racist.

17. #89 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,373 Times in 4,319 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,440 Times in 2,029 Posts

STFU!

He's a white racist who trained with white racist.
    That was debunked last week....you gotta keep up IQ64....
    Put blame where it belongs
    ATF decided it could not regulate bump stocks during the Obama administration.
    It that time," the NRA wrote in a statement. "The NRA believes that devices designed to allow semiautomatic rifles to function like fully-automatic rifles should be subject to additional regulations."
    The ATF and Obama admin. ignored the NRA recommendations.

18. #90 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 7 Times in 7 Posts

hahahaha "stop worrying about blacks and mexicans and muslims" that's the funniest thing I've heard when 75% of the murders are in the gettos with gangs killing each other...the blacks and mexicans have destroyed all of best big and small cities across this country. I would hope that there are 100 times more murders of the gangs killing each other until there's none left and our great cities return from the gettos they are now.