Thread: Going to the beach this weekend

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,225 Times in 2,940 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 343 Times in 329 Posts

Default Going to the beach this weekend

Well, this aint mundane news, but...

I proposed to my girl day after Valentine's day. I got her a sweet ring 1.68 ct, color H, si2. She got my wedding band.

We set our tentative date for October 4th. We first met on the 6th but it falls on a Monday so... This weekend we are going to look at reception & ceremony places. We are going to do the beach wedding, probably on Clearwater Beach. Then we are going to do a cruise for the honeymoon, she does not like to fly.

I have had a few relationships where the wedding idea was kicked around, but I never really proposed, set a date or got a ring. So hopefully this one goes off.

We talked about me adopting her daughter. The father is cool with it, which is good, and I want to do it. Her son (different father) is older and probably should not be adopted, but I think we need to make sure he understands why and that it is not because I don't want that.
    Leviticus 19:33 And if a stranger sojourn with thee in your land, ye shall not do him wrong. 34 The stranger that sojourneth with you shall be unto you as the homeborn among you, and thou shalt love him as thyself; for ye were strangers in the land of Egypt: I am the LORD your God.

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,821 Times in 6,166 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,532 Times in 1,444 Posts
    Blog Entries

LOL, I didn't know you had a GF.

Good luck man...
    "Do not think that I came to bring peace... I did not come to bring peace, but a sword." - Matthew 10:34

3. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default I do believe the decision...............

Quote Originally Posted by RStringfield View Post

I proposed to my girl day after Valentine's day. I got her a sweet ring 1.68 ct, color H, si2. She got my wedding band.

We set our tentative date for October 4th. We first met on the 6th but it falls on a Monday so... This weekend we are going to look at reception & ceremony places. We are going to do the beach wedding, probably on Clearwater Beach. Then we are going to do a cruise for the honeymoon, she does not like to fly.

I have had a few relationships where the wedding idea was kicked around, but I never really proposed, set a date or got a ring. So hopefully this one goes off.

We talked about me adopting her daughter. The father is cool with it, which is good, and I want to do it. Her son (different father) is older and probably should not be adopted, but I think we need to make sure he understands why and that it is not because I don't want that.

should be left to the kids...and where is Clearwater beach?

4. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,610 Times in 10,571 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 578 Times in 535 Posts
    Blog Entries

Adoption ROCKS! Definitely if the father is insane enough to let you, do it!
    Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but rather we have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
    - -- Aristotle

Believe nothing on the faith of traditions, even though they have been held in honor for many generations and in diverse places. Do not believe a thing because many people speak of it. Do not believe on the faith of the sages of the past. Do not believe what you yourself have imagined, persuading yourself that a God inspires you. Believe nothing on the sole authority of your masters and priests. After examination, believe what you yourself have tested and found to be reasonable, and conform your conduct thereto.
    - -- The Buddha

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    - -- Aristotle

5. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Battleborne View Post
    should be left to the kids...and where is Clearwater beach?
    Stop and kick a few scientologists while there RS.

do they still have that darned circle of hell there that they built about 7 years ago ?

6. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

The Scientologist are in Fort Harrison, not far from the beach, but its a quite different vibe.

Damo, why would he need to be insane? Because it is me?
    Leviticus 19:33 And if a stranger sojourn with thee in your land, ye shall not do him wrong. 34 The stranger that sojourneth with you shall be unto you as the homeborn among you, and thou shalt love him as thyself; for ye were strangers in the land of Egypt: I am the LORD your God.

7. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,610 Times in 10,571 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 578 Times in 535 Posts
    Blog Entries

The Scientologist are in Fort Harrison, not far from the beach, but its a quite different vibe.

Damo, why would he need to be insane? Because it is me?
    Because you have to be to give up a child. Truly and stupidly insane. Grab at it before the shrinks fix him!
    Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but rather we have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
    - -- Aristotle

Believe nothing on the faith of traditions, even though they have been held in honor for many generations and in diverse places. Do not believe a thing because many people speak of it. Do not believe on the faith of the sages of the past. Do not believe what you yourself have imagined, persuading yourself that a God inspires you. Believe nothing on the sole authority of your masters and priests. After examination, believe what you yourself have tested and found to be reasonable, and conform your conduct thereto.
    - -- The Buddha

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    - -- Aristotle

8. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Damocles View Post
    Because you have to be to give up a child. Truly and stupidly insane. Grab at it before the shrinks fix him!
    Yeah, that's true. But if you can't truly commit to it for whatever reason, better to step aside than to fail the child.

9. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Big Deal! I'm f'ing Paul Krugman!

Congrats.

10. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,821 Times in 6,166 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,532 Times in 1,444 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Darla View Post

Congrats.
    I'm "f'ing" Pual Krugman also, Darla.

Sorry.

My man just caint be true.
    "Do not think that I came to bring peace... I did not come to bring peace, but a sword." - Matthew 10:34

11. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Default Bad advice damo............

Quote Originally Posted by Damocles View Post

RS is in boing...not a good time to make heavy decisions...suppose he marries this girl and takes her advice and adopts her child from another guy...remember she did not suggest adopting the older male child...then say in a year or two she gets bored with him and divorces him...well not rocket science, but she goes back to the childs father and who gets stuck with child support!
    Last edited by Battleborne; 02-27-2008 at 03:49 PM.

12. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Battleborne View Post
    RS is in boing...not a good time to make heavy decisions...suppose he marries this girl and takes her advice and adopts her child from another guy...remember she did not suggest adopting the older male child...then say in a year or two she gets bored with him and divorces him...well not rocket science, but she goes back to the childs farther and who gets stuck with child support!
    Nah.

The male child is 12 and his father is in his life, somewhat. So, I don't see adopting him, unless the boy wants it strongly. His father is an ahole who pays child support, occassionally (she does not really pursue him for it), but he makes some attempt, anyway.

It won't be right away, adopting the daughter. And I know what it means. I explained to her that it would mean I could challenge for custody, visitation and would be liable for child support in case of a split.

I am rolling in it anyway. Why do you think I blew 2300 on Ron Paul.

13. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Default I believe it....!

Quote Originally Posted by Darla View Post

Congrats.

He is your and waterbaby's kinda guy...

www.kedrosky.com/images/krugman.gif

14. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I am wishing you Good luck String, hope you don't need it.

15. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Nah.

The male child is 12 and his father is in his life, somewhat. So, I don't see adopting him, unless the boy wants it strongly. His father is an ahole who pays child support, occassionally (she does not really pursue him for it), but he makes some attempt, anyway.

It won't be right away, adopting the daughter. And I know what it means. I explained to her that it would mean I could challenge for custody, visitation and would be liable for child support in case of a split.

I am rolling in it anyway. Why do you think I blew 2300 on Ron Paul.

Good for you...however being that you are rolling in it...say the support would be $1200.00per month times say 12 years give or take a few depending on her age...you are looking at over $172,000.00 in support until she becomes say 18years of age...carry on 'Ritchie Rich'!