Thread: Simple solutions to school shootings

1. #166 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,977 Times in 32,292 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,869 Times in 2,756 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Peridot View Post
    Government doesn't always need to "do something".
    especially the federal government.....

2. #167 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,977 Times in 32,292 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,869 Times in 2,756 Posts
    Blog Entries

I see no reason to take action until the death rate exceeds 1000 per week, and then only if we discount all deaths in lib'rul states......

3. #168 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,432 Times in 12,044 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,699 Times in 1,647 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PraiseKek View Post
    So it is defined by the cosmetic features on a standard rifle. Thought so.
    YEP, it just looks scary and that means it's deadlier.

SEDITION: incitement of resistance to or insurrection against lawful authority.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to USFREEDOM911 For This Post:

CFM (02-20-2018), PraiseKek (02-19-2018), Truth Detector (02-22-2018)

5. #169 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,834 Times in 17,265 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,601 Times in 4,278 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SmarterthanYou View Post
    first thing you have to do to implement those is to confiscate or retrieve all of those currently in existence. please try that.
    It is done by a buy back. That will clean up a lot of them. Some gun molesters will never give them up. they will break the law and convince themselves they are doing a patriotic duty.

6. #170 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 326 Times in 306 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Nordberg View Post
    It is done by a buy back. That will clean up a lot of them. Some gun molesters will never give them up. they will break the law and convince themselves they are doing a patriotic duty.
    Gun buy back didn't work in Australia. And why do you want to ban "assault rifles," when they account for less homicides than hand guns and knives?

7. #171 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 124 Times in 114 Posts

all rifles are potentially assault rifles. I have a potential assault rock in my driveway. I carry a potential assault drain spade shovel on my truck. there are potential assault "8 "12 and "14 assault skillets hanging in the kitchen. I do love 'em ... that's a boy, petey, tear him up...
    Last edited by iewitness; 02-20-2018 at 04:39 AM.
    Even so, Come, Lord Jesus
    I do not participate in delusion count me out

8. #172 | Top
    Living in rural America, "clinging to guns and religion"
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,617 Times in 17,056 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 522 Times in 502 Posts

It all comes down to responsibility. When I was young and acted irresponsible, I got a sore ass for a few days, complements of my father (or mother). It was a learning experience I didn't soon forget.
    One problem today is that parents either don't care as much as mine did, their too busy or they're too scared of being accused of child abuse if they try to correct their children. Don't get me wrong, I in no way condone any child abuse, but there is a broad line between discipline and child abuse. I never considered what my parents did to correct me as child abuse, but today, kids can tell a teacher or another adult that a good spanking is abuse, and those parents are in for severe scrutiny by someone who has no clue what's really going on.
    It seems that in nearly every case of these school shootings, some kids themselves had concerns about the perpetrators, did they not? They also gave warning signs on social media or by actions around other kids, yet those kids said nothing. This last tragedy could possibly have been prevented, even the FBI was notified. Responsibility??? Thank grandma for reporting her grandson in this last thwarted attempt, I'm sure it hurt her deeply to be the one to report her grandson, yet she had to feel it was her responsibility.
    Now these anti-gun liberals are blaming the NRA and responsible gun owners for these tragedies, fueling hatred and directing kids to protest against us, yet we have every bit (actually more, because we are responsible gun owners) as much disdain for these tragedies as everyone else.
    Maybe the these kids should be taught to look upon themselves to report what they see as potential problems, they see more than us adults do because they are closer to them and see more than we adults do. Wouldn't that be the "responsible" thing to try before placing the blame on those of us who are responsible gun owners?
    Common sense is not a gift, it's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone who doesn't have it.

9. #173 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,426 Times in 5,873 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 6,519 Times in 6,260 Posts
    Blog Entries

Now these anti-gun liberals are blaming the NRA and responsible gun owners for these tragedies, fueling hatred and directing kids to protest against us,
    Your obvious ignorance of the younger generation is pitiful.
    Still- it will be them that takes your guns away. The seeds have been sown.
    " First they came for the journalists...
    We don't know what happened after that . "

Maria Ressa.

10. #174 | Top
    Living in rural America, "clinging to guns and religion"
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,617 Times in 17,056 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 522 Times in 502 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by moon2012 View Post
    Your obvious ignorance of the younger generation is pitiful.
    Still- it will be them that takes your guns away. The seeds have been sown.
    If they can conquer the resistance, it will be they who destroy a nation..
    Common sense is not a gift, it's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone who doesn't have it.

11. #175 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,265 Times in 3,123 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 266 Times in 254 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Taichiliberal View Post
    Okay, listen up NRA flunkies and republican/conservative wonks. To prevent shootings like what recently happened in Florida, you do the following:

1. Reinstate the Assault Weapons Ban. Had this been in place, Cruz would NOT have had an AR-15 in his possession.

2. Treat ALL weapons like an automobile. This means that they have to be licensed and registered, and the owner has to pass a written and physical competency test. This will severely cut down on the trafficking of illegal gun sales and greatly assist in the tracking of guns used in a crime.

Got that?
    LOL! You think increased regulation will cut down on illegal sales? You must be new to how laws and black markets work. If you have a ban, the blackmarket will be there to pick up the slack.

So the idea that it would lower illegal sales is beyond silly.

I do support brining back AWB.
    Keep changing the names. It doesn't change the meaning.

Abortion
    Pro-Choice
    Women's rights
    Women's Health

12. #176 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,180 Times in 2,409 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 244 Times in 225 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Peridot View Post
    Government doesn't always need to "do something".
    Obviously since the guy was reported to the FBI and also reported to the police at least 20 times for threatening to kill people and the government did nothing.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Irish Exit For This Post:

cancel2 2022 (02-20-2018)

14. #177 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,051 Times in 26,519 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,742 Times in 4,521 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Irish View Post
    LOL! You think increased regulation will cut down on illegal sales? You must be new to how laws and black markets work. If you have a ban, the blackmarket will be there to pick up the slack.

So the idea that it would lower illegal sales is beyond silly.

I do support brining back AWB.
    It doesn't help that it isn't mandatory to have to report lost or stolen weapons.

Sent from my Lenovo K8 using Tapatalk

15. #178 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,432 Times in 12,044 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,699 Times in 1,647 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RB 60 View Post
    It all comes down to responsibility. When I was young and acted irresponsible, I got a sore ass for a few days, complements of my father (or mother). It was a learning experience I didn't soon forget.
    One problem today is that parents either don't care as much as mine did, their too busy or they're too scared of being accused of child abuse if they try to correct their children. Don't get me wrong, I in no way condone any child abuse, but there is a broad line between discipline and child abuse. I never considered what my parents did to correct me as child abuse, but today, kids can tell a teacher or another adult that a good spanking is abuse, and those parents are in for severe scrutiny by someone who has no clue what's really going on.
    It seems that in nearly every case of these school shootings, some kids themselves had concerns about the perpetrators, did they not? They also gave warning signs on social media or by actions around other kids, yet those kids said nothing. This last tragedy could possibly have been prevented, even the FBI was notified. Responsibility??? Thank grandma for reporting her grandson in this last thwarted attempt, I'm sure it hurt her deeply to be the one to report her grandson, yet she had to feel it was her responsibility.
    Now these anti-gun liberals are blaming the NRA and responsible gun owners for these tragedies, fueling hatred and directing kids to protest against us, yet we have every bit (actually more, because we are responsible gun owners) as much disdain for these tragedies as everyone else.
    Maybe the these kids should be taught to look upon themselves to report what they see as potential problems, they see more than us adults do because they are closer to them and see more than we adults do. Wouldn't that be the "responsible" thing to try before placing the blame on those of us who are responsible gun owners?
    I remember the story of the guy who spanked his son, over something, and the kid called Child Protective Services.

The agency showed up at his door and somewhere in the conversation, at the door, he was told that they could remove the child from the home.

Supposedly he told them to wait a minute; because they could take him, right after he went back upstairs and spanked the kid for calling them.
    SEDITION: incitement of resistance to or insurrection against lawful authority.

16. #179 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,426 Times in 5,873 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 6,519 Times in 6,260 Posts
    Blog Entries

Take ACTION NOW to support the kids ;

https://www.thenation.com/take-action/
    " First they came for the journalists...
    We don't know what happened after that . "

Maria Ressa.

17. #180 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,986 Times in 2,762 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 178 Times in 173 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Taichiliberal View Post
    Not to be callus, an AR-15 style rifle (Smith & Wesson M&P 15 .223) that Cruz had and a straight out AR-15 ARE STILL ASSAULT RIFLES THAT WOULD HAVE NOT BEEN AVAILABLE HAD THE AWB BEEN IN EFFECT. Remember, the AR-15 was designed for military training...an ASSAULT RIFLE CLASSIFICATION GIVEN BY MANUFACTURER AND MILITARY. And quite frankly, the small difference in classification is of little comfort to the families of the 17 victims in Florida.

I agree with you regarding the FBI and local cops, BUT if the AWB was in place, their competence would never had to be tested.
    So your basic premise is that an individual who so blatantly disregarded the law that he murdered 17 people... wouldn't have bought the rifle he used to commit the crime because it would have been against the law?

Take another puff and meditate some more. Do you really believe "illegal" and "unavailable" mean the same thing?