1. #76 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,333 Times in 10,520 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,917 Times in 4,233 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Getin the ring View Post
    yaaa, ok

were you born this shallow and clueless, or has it been a lifetime of work?

2. #77 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,835 Times in 8,249 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,899 Times in 5,299 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gotcha68 View Post
    Fighting to protect your gun is different than your country. Unless one is willing to wage war against our own govt/military, which I highly doubt those with a few pop guns in their arsenal are prepared to do or even be successful at if they gather all their pop guns together, then what's the point of all this brave "come try and take my guns" bs?

The govt can come take your pitiful supply of guns any damn time it wants to. You can fight back but you are in no way prepared or armed well enough to have any kind of success at it so you all just sound pathetic. Chest thumping, dick stroking, gun worshipping but lacking intelligence of your own abilities when faced with one of the most highly armed military in the world. Yeah, go ahead and take your stand. We will all watch on the nightly news.

Not to mention, collectively nobody wants to take your goddamn guns. Some just want to limit what the general public can get their hands on because who the hell needs a gun that can kill loads of people in a very short time unless that gun is in the hands of our military and firing at our enemies?
    No they can't
    and
    Posse Commitatus.

You are one ignorant statement from I.A. you smug stupid fuckstick.
    It is the responsibility of every American citizen to own a modern military rifle.

3. #78 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

What makes you think they won't? They are trained to obey orders. Period.
    Wrong.
    They are trained to ignore unConstitutional orders AND Posse Comitatus prevents them from being used for such purposes.

Stupid fuck.
    It is the responsibility of every American citizen to own a modern military rifle.

4. #79 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

All I'm saying is police and military are known for "just following orders". It gets them out of facing the consequences of acting inhumanely towards us citizens.
    Ah, the old Nuremburg defense huh?
    Clue; that didn't work at Nuremberg.

Thanks for proving you are a bloviating shithead.

5. #80 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Nordberg View Post
    I remember that Jefferson said people have a right to automatic weapons and large clips. He was very clear about that when he wrote the 2nd amendment. He also wanted bazookas in civilian hands. We are falling short.

We were are war with Britain a long time and we needed weapons to fight them, not George Washington. The 2nd amendment is quaint. outdated and time to rewrite it. Make it clear that we do not have to be an armed society and kill each other for sport.
    Not true wise ass.
    Jefferson was in possession of a fully automatic 39 shot rifle.
    He lent it it Lewis and Clark and it is posited that the sheer raw firepower of this weapon is what enabled the expedition to transverse the continent unmolested.

Jefferson was well aware that the single shot musket was not the weapon of the future but thanks for again espousing the ignorance of Liberals about this subject.

6. #81 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sear View Post
    Perhaps this debate has gone full-circle.

It's an obvious if not sensible question.
    It seems to pivot around the bumpersticker slogan: If guns are outlawed only outlaws will have guns.

- dandy -

We do know that when a jurisdiction like Washington DC imposes severe restrictions, guns tend to filter in through (for example) the Virginia's.
    So a hodgepodge of restricted zones adjacent to substantially less restricted zones doesn't seem optimal.

BUT !!

There's strong indication as demonstrated by locations such as Canada and Australia that broader bans do seem to be effective.

iirc it was a school shooting in Australia that was so offensive to Australians that their restrictions were put in place.
    And though I don't have the most up-to-date figures on it handy, the most recent data I recall indicated gun violence in Australia, and Canada as well is much lower than in the U.S.
    Ah the spurious UK/Australia argument.

So sorry but unlike the US, those countries have access to mental healtj care....for everyone.

7. #82 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sear View Post
    Recently I read a report that said until the '70's the NRA served a membership composed significantly of hunters.

Then there was a shift and the NRA began to serve gun manufacturers.

That article reported that still in 2018, that remains an uneasy stand-off within the NRA.

In any case there may be some Venn diagram overlap of interest between citizen gun owners & the NRA.
    But the source I'm referring to suggested the shift went from citizen's rights to economic incentive.

Nice. But they're often dead.

Punish them for obeying the law?
    I’m not just referring to mass shooters. I’m referring to anyone violating gun laws. And not just the pissant hodgepodge of local laws. National standards. Ones that make it a federal offense where they don’t fuck around.

Ever hear the term “cradle to grave”? Apply it to weapons. Product liability from the manufacturers to the fuckers selling massive amounts of guns just outside the jurisdiction that has strict controls.

Step up background checks and apply it to EVERY transaction involving “arms”. That includes ammunition and selling your 30-06 to your crazy uncle Bob. Bob kills someone with it? YOU become his cellmate.

8. #83 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,622 Times in 8,086 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 639 Times in 618 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by domer76 View Post
    I’m not just referring to mass shooters. I’m referring to anyone violating gun laws. And not just the pissant hodgepodge of local laws. National standards. Ones that make it a federal offense where they don’t fuck around.

Ever hear the term “cradle to grave”? Apply it to weapons. Product liability from the manufacturers to the fuckers selling massive amounts of guns just outside the jurisdiction that has strict controls.

Step up background checks and apply it to EVERY transaction involving “arms”. That includes ammunition and selling your 30-06 to your crazy uncle Bob. Bob kills someone with it? YOU become his cellmate.

no compromise

9. #84 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Teflon Don View Post
    no compromise
    Glad we’re clear on this.

Your fetish has greater value than a child’s life.

10. #85 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 7 Times in 7 Posts

Here’s the answer, moron.

I don’t have a gun in my house. I never have had a gun in my house. I have never caaried a gun outside my house.

Not once, in my entire life, have I faced a situation where I needed a gun.

Put down the bottle, dumbfuck.
    Hey you total fukin idiot it's interesting that you never answered any questions, why, your to stupid to answer my
    post because your one of the gun grabbers that have no legal or rational reason for stealing law abiding citizens
    guns, so just buzz off jag and hide you fool head cuz your sounding more like a jerk off idiot with each word
    you say.

11. #86 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cash View Post
    Hey you total fukin idiot it's interesting that you never answered any questions, why, your to stupid to answer my
    post because your one of the gun grabbers that have no legal or rational reason for stealing law abiding citizens
    guns, so just buzz off jag and hide you fool head cuz your sounding more like a jerk off idiot with each word
    you say.
    lol

Sad little barrel-stroker. Do they have a special solution to clean your giz off your pissant little popgun?

12. #87 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Glad we’re clear on this.

Your fetish has greater value than a child’s life.
    Sorry, but I won't indulge your faulty premise.

Nice try though.

I know you think you have scored some major political points. I will let you report back in the affirmative to your Russian masters

13. #88 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Sorry, but I won't indulge your faulty premise.

Nice try though.

I know you think you have scored some major political points. I will let you report back in the affirmative to your Russian masters
    Your premise is quite clear. “No compromise”

That I correctly interpret that is also clear. Crystal.

Your gun fetish outweighs human life.

14. #89 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Your premise is quite clear. “No compromise”

That I correctly interpret that is also clear. Crystal.

Your gun fetish outweighs human life.
    You don't realize that your last statement is why you will never get any meaningful discussion about this topic. You don't understand it. You refuse to understand it. You think that bullying and insulting is going to change my mind? You are fooling yourself.

If you actually want meaningful reforms then I advise you to do the following

1) Stop your condescending "you don't care about victims" bullshit
    2) Learn about the topic you seek to limit
    3) Be very specific in your proposals. For example when you say "restrict guns for those with mental health disorders", what do you mean by a mental health disorder

You see, while we are in the midst of this tragedy we are also talking about policy proposals that impact millions of law abiding citizens.

Whenever you are willing to have a rational discussion based on points 1 through 3, let me know. Until then NO COMPROMISE

And if you want to continue with your infantile slogans, then so be it.

15. #90 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

You don't realize that your last statement is why you will never get any meaningful discussion about this topic. You don't understand it. You refuse to understand it. You think that bullying and insulting is going to change my mind? You are fooling yourself.

If you actually want meaningful reforms then I advise you to do the following

1) Stop your condescending "you don't care about victims" bullshit
    2) Learn about the topic you seek to limit
    3) Be very specific in your proposals. For example when you say "restrict guns for those with mental health disorders", what do you mean by a mental health disorder

You see, while we are in the midst of this tragedy we are also talking about policy proposals that impact millions of law abiding citizens.

Whenever you are willing to have a rational discussion based on points 1 through 3, let me know. Until then NO COMPROMISE

And if you want to continue with your infantile slogans, then so be it.
    Yeah, let’s have a rational discussion. You can start, asshole, without threadbanning everyone that will call you on your bullshit.

Here’s the first RATIONAL question.

How do other western cultures even survive without the proliferation of guns in their society? Are they in danger of tyranny or an overthrow?