Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: The Philosopher - 3 common gun control myths debunked

1. #61 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,563 Times in 17,090 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,575 Times in 4,254 Posts

I remember that Jefferson said people have a right to automatic weapons and large clips. He was very clear about that when he wrote the 2nd amendment. He also wanted bazookas in civilian hands. We are falling short.

We were are war with Britain a long time and we needed weapons to fight them, not George Washington. The 2nd amendment is quaint. outdated and time to rewrite it. Make it clear that we do not have to be an armed society and kill each other for sport.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Nordberg For This Post:

domer76 (02-19-2018)

3. #62 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,432 Times in 12,044 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,699 Times in 1,647 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Nordberg View Post
    I remember that Jefferson said people have a right to automatic weapons and large clips. He was very clear about that when he wrote the 2nd amendment. He also wanted bazookas in civilian hands. We are falling short.

We were are war with Britain a long time and we needed weapons to fight them, not George Washington. The 2nd amendment is quaint. outdated and time to rewrite it. Make it clear that we do not have to be an armed society and kill each other for sport.
    I remember him also talking about the 1st amendment, where he supported the idea that one day there would be the internet and computers to help people voice their concerns.
    SEDITION: incitement of resistance to or insurrection against lawful authority.

4. #63 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,536 Times in 2,978 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 107 Times in 102 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by archives View Post
    Nah, the NRA is nothing more than an organization run by the gun manufactures, and they promote the propaganda you accept like lemmings, you might think you have a say, but the reality is they define you

Let me preface by saying I haven’t read this whole thread but I came across this gem and for those that know me, they know I have to respond.

This is the left’s continued classification of folks who don’t think exactly like they do as dumb, lemming-like people. This is how religious people are characterized when they vote for a candidate on the basis of abortion or sodomite issues...poor, dumb religious person voting against his own self interests.

Poor, dumb NRA member, doesn’t even know what the NRA is all about.

The dude says the NRA does what we say and he’s basically right. If the NRA suddenly started lobbying FOR gun control, see how fast it’s membership would decline...

5. #64 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,189 Times in 895 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 88 Times in 87 Posts

domer76 #7

"3) Making the purchase of a gun one of the most difficult things to accomplish rather than one of the easiest."
    Recently I read a report that said until the '70's the NRA served a membership composed significantly of hunters.

Then there was a shift and the NRA began to serve gun manufacturers.

That article reported that still in 2018, that remains an uneasy stand-off within the NRA.

In any case there may be some Venn diagram overlap of interest between citizen gun owners & the NRA.
    But the source I'm referring to suggested the shift went from citizen's rights to economic incentive.
    "4) Punish the living shit out of the person with the gun"
    Nice. But they're often dead.
    "the place where he obtained it and the manufacturer that promoted its sale."
    Punish them for obeying the law?
    "It should be obvious to anyone why conservatives and libertarians should be against Trump. He has no grounding in belief. No core philosophy. No morals. No loyalty. No curiosity. No empathy and no understanding. He demands personal loyalty and not loyalty to the nation. His only core belief is in his own superiority to everyone else. His only want is exercise more and more personal power." smb / purveyor of fact 18/03/18

6. #65 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 32 Times in 30 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by domer76 View Post
    You morons go back to the same bullshit every time. So predictable.
    And mental lightweights like you have no ability to deal with them, all you liberal fucking trash has are emotional appeals devoid of facts or reality.

I’ll tell you what laws will stop guys like this. I want the check on a buyer to look under his skirt for anything and everything. I want to know if he ever jaywalked or stepped on an insect. I want to know what that motherfucker had for breakfast. I want the purchase of a firearm to be the most difficult, the most excruciating experience of his life.
    Except the constitution does not include any such requirements, and such idiocies that you propose, like what some large cities have in terms or laws to make it hard for people to get handguns, fail miserably in both the courts and in reality.

Idiot, how are those tough gun laws in chicago working to solve their handgun crimes? Ever wonder why such laws are ignored by criminals, dimwit?

Fuck you and your precious Second that you have to be so emotionally tied to an inanimate object that has such little value in the rest of Western cultures. They do fine without your popguns, Rambutt. Why do you need one to survive?
    You're highly uninformed, Switzerland and other nations like lebanon have massive amounts of guns comparable to the US - but few gun crimes like the US.

Sounds like a cultural issue more than a gun problem, likely caused by the frustration over poor economic conditions in the US driven by the scumbag national democraptic party - but turds like you wouldn't want to admit such things about their beloved party.
    Ignored: bucklyjewer, cash, evince, katzgar, moon2012

Death to iran, khameini, putin, nasrallah, assad & all supporters/apologists.

Liberal Hierarchy of Victimhood from least important to most: white males, white females, latino males, latino females, black males, black females, children of any race, animals, gay people, non-arab muslim males, non-arab muslim females, arab muslim males, arab muslim females, arab muslims near Israel ("fakestinians") of any gender.

7. #66 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 32 Times in 30 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by USFREEDOM911 View Post
    This is what I've always believed and that is if the US is ever invaded that even those who are White Supremacist and BLM members will be in the same fox hole.

We as a country will put aside our personal differences and concentrate on the immediate threat.

We can back to arguing, after the threat is removed.
    Not so sure about that. If china invaded, I'd offer them CA but they'd have to accept all liberals, illegals and democrats from the rest of the country. I'd consider it a major victory.
    Ignored: bucklyjewer, cash, evince, katzgar, moon2012

Death to iran, khameini, putin, nasrallah, assad & all supporters/apologists.

Liberal Hierarchy of Victimhood from least important to most: white males, white females, latino males, latino females, black males, black females, children of any race, animals, gay people, non-arab muslim males, non-arab muslim females, arab muslim males, arab muslim females, arab muslims near Israel ("fakestinians") of any gender.

8. #67 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 7 Times in 7 Posts

Some of you gun grabbers please explain to everyone if law abiding people no longer had their guns
    how would they protect their families from the bad guys that have guns.

Since having hard drugs are against the law. show me where there is any shortage of every drug known to man
    So if law abiding people no longer had their guns are you saying that there would be no guns in the USA huh

9. #68 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,189 Times in 895 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 88 Times in 87 Posts

"Some of you gun grabbers please explain to everyone if law abiding people no longer had their guns

Since having hard drugs are against the law. show me where there is any shortage of every drug known to man
    So if law abiding people no longer had their guns are you saying that there would be no guns in the USA huh" c #67
    Perhaps this debate has gone full-circle.

It's an obvious if not sensible question.
    It seems to pivot around the bumpersticker slogan: If guns are outlawed only outlaws will have guns.

- dandy -

We do know that when a jurisdiction like Washington DC imposes severe restrictions, guns tend to filter in through (for example) the Virginia's.
    So a hodgepodge of restricted zones adjacent to substantially less restricted zones doesn't seem optimal.

BUT !!

There's strong indication as demonstrated by locations such as Canada and Australia that broader bans do seem to be effective.

iirc it was a school shooting in Australia that was so offensive to Australians that their restrictions were put in place.
    And though I don't have the most up-to-date figures on it handy, the most recent data I recall indicated gun violence in Australia, and Canada as well is much lower than in the U.S.
    "It should be obvious to anyone why conservatives and libertarians should be against Trump. He has no grounding in belief. No core philosophy. No morals. No loyalty. No curiosity. No empathy and no understanding. He demands personal loyalty and not loyalty to the nation. His only core belief is in his own superiority to everyone else. His only want is exercise more and more personal power." smb / purveyor of fact 18/03/18

10. #69 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,448 Times in 965 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 45 Times in 42 Posts

I don't see anyone on here advocating for the complete removal of guns from society.

11. #70 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,432 Times in 12,044 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,699 Times in 1,647 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gotcha68 View Post
    I don't see anyone on here advocating for the complete removal of guns from society.
    Really!!

Or are you just talking about this thread?
    SEDITION: incitement of resistance to or insurrection against lawful authority.

12. #71 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 2 Times in 2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Scrubbaloe View Post
    Australia doesn’t have a second amendment. We do. There is zero chance of repealing it. So why don’t we spend our time and resources on only things we can do?
    1) Strengthen security measures for all venues

2) improve mental health management

Australia may very well not have a Second Amendment but they have a system of legislation relating to firearms that is cohesive and truely works. The Second Amendment does not express an unlimited right to guns. Court precedents, rulings and interpretations have highlighted this, in a legal sense. The Second Amendment was originally for right of milita to bear arms. At what point this was misconstrued I have no idea, but was is clear is the gun culture in the US is the primary problem. I agree with you mental health management too is an issue.

13. #72 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,173 Times in 10,391 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,876 Times in 4,194 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cash View Post
    Some of you gun grabbers please explain to everyone if law abiding people no longer had their guns

So if law abiding people no longer had their guns are you saying that there would be no guns in the USA huh
    Here’s the answer, moron.

I don’t have a gun in my house. I never have had a gun in my house. I have never caaried a gun outside my house.

Not once, in my entire life, have I faced a situation where I needed a gun.

Put down the bottle, dumbfuck.

14. #73 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,341 Times in 5,714 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 374 Times in 355 Posts

Here’s the answer, moron.

I don’t have a gun in my house. I never have had a gun in my house. I have never caaried a gun outside my house.

Not once, in my entire life, have I faced a situation where I needed a gun.

Put down the bottle, dumbfuck.
    being stupid in public again dumber?

tish tish
    This just In::: Trump indicted for living in liberals heads and not paying RENT

C̶N̶N̶ SNN.... Shithole News Network

Trump Is Coming back to a White House Near you

15. #74 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,173 Times in 10,391 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,876 Times in 4,194 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Getin the ring View Post
    being stupid in public again dumber?

tish tish
    No, bitch. Just the opposite. Because I’m smarter than you barrel-stroking goobers, I have no need for a piece of metal to compensate for stupidity.

16. #75 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,341 Times in 5,714 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 374 Times in 355 Posts

No, bitch. Just the opposite. Because I’m smarter than you barrel-stroking goobers, I have no need for a piece of metal to compensate for stupidity.

yaaa, ok

were you born this shallow and clueless, or has it been a lifetime of work?
    This just In::: Trump indicted for living in liberals heads and not paying RENT

C̶N̶N̶ SNN.... Shithole News Network

Trump Is Coming back to a White House Near you