Thread: The Philosopher - 3 common gun control myths debunked

1. #16 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,432 Times in 12,044 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,699 Times in 1,647 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CFM View Post
    How is someone that sales a gun and makes a gun a perpetrator? Do we punish the beer manufacturers when a drunk driver gets behind the wheel of a car? As for the shooter, no mercy.

People constantly refer to the part of the 2nd amendment that say "not" and "infringed". Most ignore an equally, if not more important, word in the 2nd.
    Looks like he also wants the Car Dealership and the Manufacturer held liable also.
    SEDITION: incitement of resistance to or insurrection against lawful authority.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to USFREEDOM911 For This Post:

Rune (02-18-2018)

3. #17 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by archives View Post
    Nobody is talking about repealing any Amendment, nor grabbing anyone's guns, that is all NRA propaganda, and just to help you out, no Constitutional right is absolute, none, never have been nor will ever be, guns can be constitutionally regulated

And importing mental health, which by the way the current President just cut funds to pursue, into the argument is just another way to deflect away from the three hundred million guns out there and the nearly open access to three million guns
    Just to help you out, the NRA does what WE say, not vice versa.
    It’ll be a lot easier to fund mental health programs than it will be to toughen gun laws.

4. #18 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,010 Times in 8,569 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 498 Times in 487 Posts

You have a right to assemble, does that mean you and three of your buddies can walk into the White House and assemble in the President's office? Of course not, the right to assemble is regulated, does that mean it is difficult to exercise? All rights are regulated, why should the right you think you have to possess a gun be any different?

Nearly all the shooters in recent mass shootings "didn't misuse the gun" until the moment they opened fire

And forget the macho talk on an anonymous forum, based upon my experience the gun lovers who thought they were Chuck Norris actually turned out being Barney Fife

Yet they misused it. There are millions upon millions that own the same types of gun that don't yet you want to pass laws that affect them.

I say we pass laws making schools gun free zones and making it illegal to murder another person. Surely, that will stop such things.

Based on my experience with those like you that claim certain guns shouldn't be legal, you're nothing but mouth and absolutely no action. I don't think I'm Chuck Norris. However, I'm more than willing for you to try and prove your claim about me being a Barney Fife.

5. #19 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,041 Times in 13,848 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,042 Times in 2,838 Posts

We should wait on your to prove you claim about the video. Didn't you say it was wrong?
    Sorry, was busy with another thread, but it only took a minute, you asked, you got it

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-australia-35048251

https://www.theatlantic.com/internat...ontrol/541710/

https://www.factcheck.org/2017/10/gu...ralia-updated/

https://www.vox.com/world/2018/2/15/...eech-australia

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_laws_in_Australia

6. #20 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 1 Time in 1 Post

How is someone that sales a gun and makes a gun a perpetrator? Do we punish the beer manufacturers when a drunk driver gets behind the wheel of a car? As for the shooter, no mercy.

People constantly refer to the part of the 2nd amendment that say "not" and "infringed". Most ignore an equally, if not more important, word in the 2nd.
    Obviously the manufacturer should have no liability. The perp is the user of a gun in a criminal act.
    The SCOTUS is not going to change Heller as long as we have a 5-4 conservative balance. Will be 6-3 shortly.

7. #21 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by USFREEDOM911 View Post
    Looks like he also wants the Car Dealership and the Manufacturer held liable also.
    Why don't we hold the tree responsible that was used to make the wooden handle on a knife when someone kills someone with one.

8. #22 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Scrubbaloe View Post
    Obviously the manufacturer should have no liability. The perp is the user of a gun in a criminal act.
    The SCOTUS is not going to change Heller as long as we have a 5-4 conservative balance. Will be 6-3 shortly.

The store that sold the gun shouldn't unless they didn't follow the laws in place at the time it was sold.

9. #23 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I asked for proof and you posted propaganda. Care to provide proof this time?

You claimed I was a Barney Fife. When are you going to try to prove that?

10. #24 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,834 Times in 6,110 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 710 Times in 658 Posts
    Blog Entries

Apparently US freedom, is freedom from thought for the OP. The 911 part comes about, because several people listening to him probably jumped in front of a bus

11. #25 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,448 Times in 965 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 45 Times in 42 Posts

Nobody? Ever read for fat slob Michael Moore says about repealing it. He's not alone.

I own FOUR of the type gun used in Florida. I have no doubt you think such guns should be illegal. I also have no doubt that you're not man enough to try and take mine from me.
    Are you this "brave" because you have guns?

12. #26 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,679 Times in 16,485 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 585 Times in 561 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gotcha68 View Post
    Are you this "brave" because you have guns?
    No. He is that "brave" because he hides behind the safety of a keyboard. While there are plenty on this board that could in fact back up that statement, he is not one of them. One of two things happen to braggarts like him in a firefight. Both generally within seconds. Either they are disarmed quickly and reduced to quivering, crying cowards in the fetal position or they are dead because they have no clue.

13. #27 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,448 Times in 965 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 45 Times in 42 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sailor View Post
    No. He is that "brave" because he hides behind the safety of a keyboard. While there are plenty on this board that could in fact back up that statement, he is not one of them. One of two things happen to braggarts like him in a firefight. Both generally within seconds. Either they are disarmed quickly and reduced to quivering, crying cowards in the fetal position or they are dead because they have no clue.
    As former military I am willing to bet an awful lot that I could take his gun away from him, all 4 of them, and he wouldn't have a chance to do a damn thing about it.

14. #28 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,318 Times in 2,772 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 215 Times in 209 Posts

Care to provide proof this time?

Allow me.

Gun homicides per 100,000 population per year
    Australia 0.16
    USA 3.6
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...ted_death_rate

The video in the OP is garbage.

15. #29 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,679 Times in 16,485 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 585 Times in 561 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gotcha68 View Post
    As former military I am willing to bet an awful lot that I could take his gun away from him, all 4 of them, and he wouldn't have a chance to do a damn thing about it.
    Exactly.

16. #30 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,622 Times in 8,086 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 639 Times in 618 Posts

It only took two minutes to see that the "Philosopher" is wrong

The statistics comparing Australia and the US aren't in rough numbers, they are already pro rated based upon population, and when the narrator explaining it all in "other differences" she never covered, that was enough, the "Philosopher" is most likely an NRA sponsored video
    I have told you that you can have my guns in one condition. You personally have to come take them

The real question is whether you are willing to die to take my right away? Are you?