Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: WH official says that Florida shooter shouldn’t have had a gun

1. #46 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,373 Times in 4,319 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,440 Times in 2,029 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Shallon Peterson View Post
    It's not the guns as much as the gun mentality of Americans.
    Considering that there are about 45 to 55,000,000 households in the US that have firearms.....the number of crazies shooting up places isn't that bad.....

Averaging about 300 crazies that commit mass shootings per year.....but we must find a rational way to control those crazies....

55 million is a hell of a lot of homeowners.....
    Put blame where it belongs
    ATF decided it could not regulate bump stocks during the Obama administration.
    It that time," the NRA wrote in a statement. "The NRA believes that devices designed to allow semiautomatic rifles to function like fully-automatic rifles should be subject to additional regulations."
    The ATF and Obama admin. ignored the NRA recommendations.

2. #47 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,821 Times in 6,166 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,532 Times in 1,444 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Havana Moon View Post
    Bit of an understatement there, is the White House just virtue signalling or do they mean to do something about it?

https://www.express.co.uk/news/world...have-had-a-gun

Sent from my Lenovo K8 using Tapatalk
    I don't know you blow Trump and love the fact that Russia forced him on us because you hate Muslims and brown people so much. This is what we're dealing with as a result of your bigotry.
    "Do not think that I came to bring peace... I did not come to bring peace, but a sword." - Matthew 10:34

3. #48 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 326 Times in 306 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jarod View Post
    I don’t... I even own a rifle. I want the AR-15 banned.
    Then why not hand guns which are responsible for the vast majority gun homicides?

I want people kicked out of school for violence to be prohibited from owning them,
    If they committed and were convicted of a felony then I agree, you don't just get expelled for assault they arrest you unless it's a mutual fight, you never got in a fight at school?

I want mentally ill people to be prevented from having them.
    So the American Psychological and American Psychiatric Association should be in control of who is and is not allowed to own a firearm? Do you think that is due process? Do we need a new bureacracy to run this screening program? Should these unelected persons be able to regulate any other constitutional rights?
    Last edited by PraiseKek; 02-17-2018 at 08:28 PM.

4. #49 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,617 Times in 21,480 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,632 Times in 5,140 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NOVA View Post
    The AR15 has many brothers and sisters that will do the same thing as it does with little difference.....
    banning one is useless....and admit to yourself, that our borders are a sieve....any weapon can be brought into the US 2 seconds after its banned here, just like drugs and people....
    Thats just the facts of the matter.....start reasoning with your brain like an adult and not your emotions like a child.
    But I'll agree that people kicked out of school for violence and mentally ill folks need to be prohibited from owning guns....at least for some finite time.....and convicted felons too....
    Yup ban its brothers and sisters. It would simply make it harder to get them.

So, do you agree on a waiting period to determine if someone has something in his past that prohibits him from owning the gun he is trying to buy?

You are much more reasonable than many!

5. #50 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,622 Times in 8,086 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 639 Times in 618 Posts

What law allows them to do something?
    Same law that let them wiretap Carter Page?

6. #51 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NOVA View Post
    Considering that there are about 45 to 55,000,000 households in the US that have firearms.....the number of crazies shooting up places isn't that bad.....

Averaging about 300 crazies that commit mass shootings per year.....but we must find a rational way to control those crazies....

55 million is a hell of a lot of homeowners.....
    Did you know the number of school shootings went up dramatically after the assault rifle ban expired?

7. #52 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PraiseKek View Post
    Then why not hand guns which are responsible for the vast majority gun homicides?

If they committed and were convicted of a felony then I agree, you don't just get expelled for assault they arrest you unless it's a mutual fight, you never got in a fight at school?

So the American Psychological and American Psychiatric Association should be in control of who is and is not allowed to own a firearm? Do you think that is due process? Do we need a new bureacracy to run this screening program? Should these unelected persons be able to regulate any other constitutional rights?
    I never got expelled, and especially not for violence.

8. #53 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Teflon Don View Post
    Same law that let them wiretap Carter Page?
    Cite?

9. #54 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I don’t... I even own a rifle. I want the AR-15 banned. I want people kicked out of school for violence to be prohibited from owning them, I want mentally ill people to be prevented from having them.
    Why just the AR15?

What type of school violence?

Should any violence prohibit someone from owning a gun?

Define what mental illnesses disqualify owning a gun? Should those same mental illnesses disqualify someone from voting? One could argue they can’t make a rational decision.

10. #55 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Yup ban its brothers and sisters. It would simply make it harder to get them.

So, do you agree on a waiting period to determine if someone has something in his past that prohibits him from owning the gun he is trying to buy?

You are much more reasonable than many!
    How long a wait?

If the FBI couldn’t do anything, what makes you think he would have been stopped with a waiting period?

What makes you think he would be stopped from mayhem by not having a gun?

Muslimes have shown us that they can kill lots of people without guns.

11. #56 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Did you know the number of school shootings went up dramatically after the assault rifle ban expired?
    Manipulated statistics, mass shootings have stayed at the exact same levels, everytown is debunked propaganda:

According to a careful analysis of data on mass shootings (using the widely accepted definition of at least four killed), the Congressional Research Service found that there are, on average, just over 20 incidents annually. More important, the increase in cases, if there was one at all, is negligible. Indeed, the only genuine increase is in hype and hysteria.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/opini...lumn/73199052/

https://www.thecut.com/2014/06/mass-...-the-rise.html

After this week's shooting at a high school in Oregon, a misleading statistic from gun-control group Everytown for Gun Safety was widely circulated. The group noted that 74 school shootings have occurred since the Sandy Hook Elementary School massacre in 2012.
    The statistic includes isolated arguments between students, accidents, suicides, and gang activity. Every known incident in which a gun was discharged on school property — even if no one was hit — was included in that number.

CNN points out that only 15 of the incidents included in the Everytown statistic involved a minor or adult actively shooting inside or near a school.

http://www.businessinsider.com/ameri...violent-2014-6

12. #57 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Manipulated statistics, mass shootings have stayed at the exact same levels, everytown is debunked propaganda:

According to a careful analysis of data on mass shootings (using the widely accepted definition of at least four killed), the Congressional Research Service found that there are, on average, just over 20 incidents annually. More important, the increase in cases, if there was one at all, is negligible. Indeed, the only genuine increase is in hype and hysteria.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/opini...lumn/73199052/

https://www.thecut.com/2014/06/mass-...-the-rise.html

After this week's shooting at a high school in Oregon, a misleading statistic from gun-control group Everytown for Gun Safety was widely circulated. The group noted that 74 school shootings have occurred since the Sandy Hook Elementary School massacre in 2012.
    The statistic includes isolated arguments between students, accidents, suicides, and gang activity. Every known incident in which a gun was discharged on school property — even if no one was hit — was included in that number.

CNN points out that only 15 of the incidents included in the Everytown statistic involved a minor or adult actively shooting inside or near a school.

http://www.businessinsider.com/ameri...violent-2014-6
    Looks like a baseline increase to me.

13. #58 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I never got expelled, and especially not for violence.
    I think they can expel you for getting in a fist fight and then they send you to an alternative school I think that's what they do now under the zero tolerance policies even if it's mutual combat.
    Last edited by PraiseKek; 02-17-2018 at 08:46 PM.

14. #59 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I think they can expel you for getting in a fist fight and then they send you to an alternative school.
    They could but they don’t. I know plenty of situations where kids in fistfights were not expelled.

15. #60 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Looks like a baseline increase to me.
    Negligible and it looks like the high point in 2003 before it expired in 2003 and dropped to one of its lowest points in 2004 after it expired.