Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: Read some of the Russian Tweets you fell for!

1. #106 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,607 Times in 10,570 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 578 Times in 535 Posts
    Blog Entries

I wish he didn't post this thread. I keep reading the tweets and trying to find another ballot to vote for Trump.
    Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but rather we have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
    - -- Aristotle

Believe nothing on the faith of traditions, even though they have been held in honor for many generations and in diverse places. Do not believe a thing because many people speak of it. Do not believe on the faith of the sages of the past. Do not believe what you yourself have imagined, persuading yourself that a God inspires you. Believe nothing on the sole authority of your masters and priests. After examination, believe what you yourself have tested and found to be reasonable, and conform your conduct thereto.
    - -- The Buddha

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    - -- Aristotle

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Damocles For This Post:

Cancel 2018.1 (02-19-2018), leaningright (02-18-2018)

3. #107 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,182 Times in 25,717 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,614 Times in 2,498 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by leaningright View Post
    I’m sorry that’s the way you see it (so it’s “stupid”) but that’s exactly how many of us feel. We have been told not to vote based on certain moral issues like abortion and homosexuality. As a country we have gone from wringing our hands over that line in Gone With the Wind to almost anything goes on TV and the movies nowadays. We have moved to where a candidate on the national level cannot be a fundamental Christian or hold traditional Christian values or he is scorned by late night comedians and taken to task by the media (Mike Huckabee, Dr. Carson, Ted Cruz, Mike Pence, etc.). Amoral - Unconcerned with the rightness and wrongness Of something. Sorry but that’s the way I see it.
    You wrote "We are well on our way to being the amoral nation the left wants us to be." Nobody on the left is calling for an amoral nation, first of all. That's just crass supposition that's designed to agitate liberals. The left thinks trump is an amoral, narcissistic liar and the evidence is there for that opinion, but if we really were amoral we wouldn't care what he does. Fundamentalist Christians have given trump a pass for every repulsive thing he's done because they think that in his heart trump really cares about abortion and homosexuality, yet he's been all over the map on these issues and could change again tomorrow. trump's an adulterer, a grifter, a liar with an all-around nasty character and all Fundamentalist Christians cans say is "but abortion! but homosexuality!"

I watch people like Huckabee, Carson, Cruz and Pence as carefully as you watch comedians. I could pull up quotes from all of them that show they don't interpret Christianity in the loving, charitable sense that Jesus's words require.

I believe this country leans more to the right than to the left and has done so for a long time. So I don't know how liberals can be blamed for the direction it's taken. Anything goes on TV and movies because both liberals and conservatives support that. Cons let their kids watch violent TV and movies and play violent video games just as much as liberals. Cons watch sexually-oriented TV and movies just as much as liberals.

You wrote "Amoral - unconcerned with the rightness or wrongness of something." That describes trump to a "T." Yet you voted for him, not me.

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
    ― Charles Dickens

4. #108 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,495 Times in 1,799 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 171 Times in 164 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by countryboy View Post
    Not me, I was gonna vote for Bernie. Then the tweets, and a sudden strange craving for borscht. Weird thing is, I don't even have a twit account, nor do I read twit.
    Twit is bluetoothed with that tin foil hat they make you wear.

5. #109 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,238 Times in 7,656 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,055 Times in 1,002 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by christiefan915 View Post
    You wrote "We are well on our way to being the amoral nation the left wants us to be." Nobody on the left is calling for an amoral nation, first of all. That's just crass supposition that's designed to agitate liberals. The left thinks trump is an amoral, narcissistic liar and the evidence is there for that opinion, but if we really were amoral we wouldn't care what he does. Fundamentalist Christians have given trump a pass for every repulsive thing he's done because they think that in his heart trump really cares about abortion and homosexuality, yet he's been all over the map on these issues and could change again tomorrow. trump's an adulterer, a grifter, a liar with an all-around nasty character and all Fundamentalist Christians cans say is "but abortion! but homosexuality!"

I watch people like Huckabee, Carson, Cruz and Pence as carefully as you watch comedians. I could pull up quotes from all of them that show they don't interpret Christianity in the loving, charitable sense that Jesus's words require.

I believe this country leans more to the right than to the left and has done so for a long time. So I don't know how liberals can be blamed for the direction it's taken. Anything goes on TV and movies because both liberals and conservatives support that. Cons let their kids watch violent TV and movies and play violent video games just as much as liberals. Cons watch sexually-oriented TV and movies just as much as liberals.

You wrote "Amoral - unconcerned with the rightness or wrongness of something." That describes trump to a "T." Yet you voted for him, not me.
    Yup...you covered all that very nicely.

The "fundamentalist Christians" are the heart of the core constituency of American conservatism...without them, American conservatives would be holding their national conventions in a small Elks Club building.

And the funny part about that is...fundamentalist Christianity is so far removed from the teachings of Jesus...that if it had any sense of decency at all...it would change its name.

6. #110 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,495 Times in 1,799 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 171 Times in 164 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cypress View Post
    Notice how the rightwing has moved the goal posts.

When Trump was claiming (aka, lying) that Russian interference was all a Democratic hoax, that is was probably some fat guy in bed with a lap top, his Fan Boys had on their cheerleading skirts and pom poms to cheer him on.

Now, let us pretend that never happened, and Trump's fan boys somehow know all along that the Russian were interfering in our elections.
    Speaking of moving goalposts... all I heard from dims was IMPEACH! and Collusion! from the moment Mueller was named special counsel. Now you claim a major victory when Mueller discovers after a yr. + investigating the same thing that was published in a Russian business magazine in 10/16.

7. #111 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,622 Times in 8,086 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 639 Times in 618 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Damocles View Post
    I wish he didn't post this thread. I keep reading the tweets and trying to find another ballot to vote for Trump.
    I am glad he did. I have taken these and forwarded them to my Russian handlers so we can see what worked and what didn't work and perfect it for 2018.

We have great plans for 2018.

The Russians will be in touch with you to have discussions about using JPP as a launching pad for their propaganda campaign. I can't give too much away now, but be on the lookout for Fozzy Bear.