Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Read some of the Russian Tweets you fell for!

1. #16 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,581 Times in 9,703 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,312 Times in 1,210 Posts
    Blog Entries

The Russians didn't want Hillary elected because they desire a strong economic competitor. Why do you think Lowe's opens a store across the street from Home Depot?

2. #17 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,238 Times in 7,656 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,055 Times in 1,002 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by OODA View Post
    The Russians didn't want Hillary elected because they desire a strong economic competitor. Why do you think Lowe's opens a store across the street from Home Depot?
    If Lowe's actually opens a store across the street from Home Depot...they are nuts.

I doubt it happens very often...if at all.

All we can do is guess about the Russian motives for backing Donald Trump over Hillary Clinton...and the only reason anyone would guess that it was because they desired a strong economic competitor...is out of desperation.

A more likely guess is that they thought Donald Trump would be a sitting duck and willing stooge...and Hillary Clinton would be a major pain in their ass.

3. #18 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,756 Times in 16,563 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,622 Times in 1,532 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post
    The Trump voters on this board were all lined up to vote for Hillary until these tweets came out
    ?? hopefully you are sarcastic *green ink for sarcasm,or at least an *eye roll* would be helpful here

I remember on DCJ when I said no way was I going to vote for Hillary..the cat calls and derisions..

4. #19 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,386 Times in 14,102 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 649 Times in 616 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by noise View Post
    ?? hopefully you are sarcastic *green ink for sarcasm,or at least an *eye roll* would be helpful here

I remember on DCJ when I said no way was I going to vote for Hillary..the cat calls and derisions..
    Of course it's sarcastic. This board has very few people who vote for both R and D's for President. Point being these tweets weren't changing a single mind

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cawacko For This Post:

Callinectes (02-17-2018), dukkha (02-17-2018)

6. #20 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by moon2012 View Post
    Actually, it's fairer to say that the number of foreign elections around the world which the US has subverted , manipulated and degraded- even to the point of openly-funded coup attempts, is a win-win for the Kremlin- and Russian democracy.
    After all of those- a few tweets by individuals exposing Billary as a war-mongering liar are cause for hilarity .
    when I hear about Twitterbots and FB ads shaping the election, I am reminded that Russia did not invade Iraq, or bomb Libya into a current terrorist failed state..They did annex Crimea, but i thnk that was forced because of our meddling in the Uk's Euromaiden.

anyways...I cannot get worked up with "Russian interference" by bots -considering the 2016 presidential election had $2.4b in spending

7. #21 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,786 Times in 17,240 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,593 Times in 4,271 Posts

The Trump voters on this board were all lined up to vote for Hillary until these tweets came out
    Some of them were. Not all of them.

8. #22 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,786 Times in 17,240 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,593 Times in 4,271 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by leaningright View Post
    Yep, that’s why I voted for him. If it just weren’t for those Russian tweets I’d have voted for Hillary.
    That says a lot about you then. The Russians did not have 13 agents here and lots more in russia working on it, if they did not think it would work. They focused of purple states, which oddly, went trump. But damn, it worked on you, as you admit.

9. #23 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Of course it's sarcastic. This board has very few people who vote for both R and D's for President. Point being these tweets weren't changing a single mind
    Tweets are mostly rants-although some actually have value..I agree though that anyone being influenced by Tweeting would be influenced by any facile event

10. #24 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,386 Times in 14,102 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 649 Times in 616 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nordberg View Post
    That says a lot about you then. The Russians did not have 13 agents here and lots more in russia working on it, if they did not think it would work. They focused of purple states, which oddly, went trump. But damn, it worked on you, as you admit.
    Sarcasm bro, sarcasm

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cawacko For This Post:

Callinectes (02-17-2018), leaningright (02-17-2018)

12. #25 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,581 Times in 9,703 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,312 Times in 1,210 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Apisa View Post
    If Lowe's actually opens a store across the street from Home Depot...they are nuts.

I doubt it happens very often...if at all.

All we can do is guess about the Russian motives for backing Donald Trump over Hillary Clinton...and the only reason anyone would guess that it was because they desired a strong economic competitor...is out of desperation.

A more likely guess is that they thought Donald Trump would be a sitting duck and willing stooge...and Hillary Clinton would be a major pain in their ass.
    Lowes and Home Depot routinely open stores near each other, as do CVS and Rite-Aid, and numerous banks. Liberals don't understand modern economic so I don't expect you to understand why this strategy is effective.

Hillbag proved to be a stooge with the Uranium One deal, and weak with the Benghazi massacre.

13. #26 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,883 Times in 2,239 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 124 Times in 120 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jarod View Post
    Pro Trump Russian tweets exposed. Read them at the link below. Why was Russia so desperate for Trump to get elected?

https://www.nbcnews.com/tech/social-...tweets-n848791
    Right....err...."left".....its "others" that have fell for it...whatever the hell IT it.......yet its YOU that are parroting and passing along this known Russian interference in order to cause division among US CITIZENS before an election. What gullible assholes we have representing the left. Do you not "think"...excuse me that would mean that you are capable of reasoning in cognitive steams of logic.....do you not believe that you are engaging in exactly the response phished for by this supposed threat? Obviously...the biggest threat this nation faces at this point in time is the left's hatred for a sitting president.

14. #27 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,238 Times in 7,656 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,055 Times in 1,002 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by OODA View Post
    Lowes and Home Depot routinely open stores near each other...
    Leave the bar where it was when you originally made your comment, Ooda.

Near...is not across the street.

, as do CVS and Rite-Aid, and numerous banks. Liberals don't understand modern economic so I don't expect you to understand why this strategy is effective.
    I am not a liberal. One of my majors in college was economics. I don't really care what you "expect."

Hillbag proved to be a stooge with the Uranium One deal, and weak with the Benghazi massacre.
    Okay...she scares you.

If you were secure in your sexual identity...that might not be the case.

15. #28 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,242 Times in 2,335 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 162 Times in 151 Posts
    Blog Entries

“The Communist party must control the guns.”
    ― Mao Tse-tung

“Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the vote decide everything.”-Generally attributed to Uncle Joe Stalin

“Everything under heaven is in utter choas; the situation is excellent.”
    ― mao tse-tung

16. #29 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,622 Times in 8,086 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 639 Times in 618 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jarod View Post
    Pro Trump Russian tweets exposed. Read them at the link below. Why was Russia so desperate for Trump to get elected?

https://www.nbcnews.com/tech/social-...tweets-n848791
    Do you believe a few tweets cost your girl the election?

Honestly?

How will you stop them in 2018?

Trump don’t need to. So how will you stop it?

17. #30 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,622 Times in 8,086 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 639 Times in 618 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cypress View Post
    Notice how the rightwing has moved the goal posts.

When Trump was claiming (aka, lying) that Russian interference was all a Democratic hoax, that is was probably some fat guy in bed with a lap top, his Fan Boys had on their cheerleading skirts and pom poms to cheer him on.

Now, let us pretend that never happened, and Trump's fan boys somehow know all along that the Russian were interfering in our elections.
    Liar. Your talk of Russian meddling was ALWAYS in the context of Trump colluding with them. That is what we called a hoax. It is you moving the goalposts

18. The Following User Says Thank You to canceled.2021.2 For This Post:

Callinectes (02-17-2018)