Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "Shut up and dribble"

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,388 Times in 7,999 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 809 Times in 761 Posts

Default "Shut up and dribble"

Laura Ingraham's "advice" to Lebron James - similar to her "Shut up and sing" comment to celebrities in general years ago.

What is it w/ this person? You have to be 'qualified' to render an opinion in the U.S.? Because she has a talk show and used to work for SCOTUS, she has some sort of right to express her views that many of us do not have?

She has said or implied that same sentiment for years. It is pathetic. She probably doesn't even realize it, but it's as anti-American as any liberal thing that she rails against.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Cancel 2020.1 For This Post:

evince (02-17-2018)

3. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,386 Times in 14,102 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 649 Times in 616 Posts

It was a pretty cringe worthy video. LeBron is almost the ultimate millennial snowflake yet that guy has done amazing things beyond just basketball such creating a big time business with his high school friends that has tentacles in many parts of the entertainment industry. He has also donated millions to help poor kids in Akron go to college. There are other wealthy guys too who dropped out of college who speak about politics.

I mean ripping on LeBron for what he says is fair game and when he basically called the entire state of Ohio stupid for voting for Trump it wasn't exactly his best P.R move. But telling him to shut up and dribble is bad.

4. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post
    It was a pretty cringe worthy video. LeBron is almost the ultimate millennial snowflake yet that guy has done amazing things beyond just basketball such creating a big time business with his high school friends that has tentacles in many parts of the entertainment industry. He has also donated millions to help poor kids in Akron go to college. There are other wealthy guys too who dropped out of college who speak about politics.

I mean ripping on LeBron for what he says is fair game and when he basically called the entire state of Ohio stupid for voting for Trump it wasn't exactly his best P.R move. But telling him to shut up and dribble is bad.
    I totally agree. She should be going after WHAT he said, and not the mere fact that he said it.

Her "shut up" stance has always rankled me. She has always been like that w/ celebrities & w/ situations like the Dixie Chicks (but, of course, I'm sure she's fine w/ celebs like Nugent & Baio speaking their mind). She has always spoken about it like you have to be "qualified" in some way to express your opinion.

"Must they run their mouths like that?" She actually said that. I don't think she's a racist, but man, did it come across that way to a lot of people.

5. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,760 Times in 27,235 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 19,587 Times in 18,176 Posts
    Blog Entries

she should shut up and suck the orange cock

it seems cons think women are nothing more than fucky sucky bags

they are proud of Donny the bone spur for paying pretty women to fuck him

6. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,373 Times in 4,319 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,440 Times in 2,029 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Thing1 View Post
    Laura Ingraham's "advice" to Lebron James - similar to her "Shut up and sing" comment to celebrities in general years ago.

What is it w/ this person? You have to be 'qualified' to render an opinion in the U.S.? Because she has a talk show and used to work for SCOTUS, she has some sort of right to express her views that many of us do not have?

She has said or implied that same sentiment for years. It is pathetic. She probably doesn't even realize it, but it's as anti-American as any liberal thing that she rails against.

No....she has the SAME right to express her views whether you have them or not?
    Your views are irrelevant to her rights....

PS....Don't you feel great to have desh agree with every whine you post.....it must make you proud to have her so solidly on your side.
    Put blame where it belongs
    ATF decided it could not regulate bump stocks during the Obama administration.
    It that time," the NRA wrote in a statement. "The NRA believes that devices designed to allow semiautomatic rifles to function like fully-automatic rifles should be subject to additional regulations."
    The ATF and Obama admin. ignored the NRA recommendations.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to NOVA For This Post:

Eagle_Eye (02-17-2018)

8. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

9. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by NOVA View Post
    No....[B]she has the SAME right to express her views whether you have them or not?
    Your views are irrelevant to her rights....
    Well, you're embarrassing yourself, as usual.

I want Ingraham to speak. I want Nugent to speak. I want everyone to speak. So did our founders, when they spoke about the "marketplace of ideas" and talked about free speech.

I'm not the one telling people to "shut up," and implying that only certain "qualified" people can render opinions.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Cancel 2020.1 For This Post:

Gotcha68 (02-18-2018)

11. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

12. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Well, you're embarrassing yourself, as usual.

I want Ingraham to speak. I want Nugent to speak. I want everyone to speak. So did our founders, when they spoke about the "marketplace of ideas" and talked about free speech.

I'm not the one telling people to "shut up," and implying that only certain "qualified" people can render opinions.
    Because she has a talk show and used to work for SCOTUS, she has some sort of right to express her views that many of us do not have?
    You didn't imply it, you stated it plainly in your post....
    you questioned if she had the right to express views that others don't have....
    It that time," the NRA wrote in a statement. "The NRA believes that devices designed to allow semiautomatic rifles to function like fully-automatic rifles should be subject to additional regulations."

13. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by NOVA View Post

You didn't imply it, you stated it plainly in your post....
    you questioned if she had the right to express views that others don't have....
    Wow - trouble reading, eh bravs?

I was asking the question because of what she said - I didn't STATE anything. It was based on how she was talking, like only she & select pundits had a right to express opinions.

I think she has the right to speak, just as Lebron does, just as you & I do. Ingraham is the one saying only certain people have that right.

Now, would you like to further embarrass yourself?

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Cancel 2020.1 For This Post:

Gotcha68 (02-18-2018)

15. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,617 Times in 2,816 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,328 Times in 1,225 Posts

no offense, but is that really any different than trying to claim senator has presidential experience or that a reality show host has no business being president because they have no experience? or even that a 3rd party candidate shouldn't be president because he doesn't know the name of a city overseas with issues like 75% of the rest of the public doesn't know about either?
    A sad commentary on we, as a people, and our viewpoint of our freedom can be summed up like this. We have liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans, yet those very people look at Constitutionalists as radical and extreme.................so those liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans must believe that the constitution is radical and extreme.

16. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by SmarterthanYou View Post
    no offense, but is that really any different than trying to claim senator has presidential experience or that a reality show host has no business being president because they have no experience? or even that a 3rd party candidate shouldn't be president because he doesn't know the name of a city overseas with issues like 75% of the rest of the public doesn't know about either?
    Well, for starters, I haven't expressed any of that.

But, you're talking about something different w/ the above. You're talking about qualifications to actually be PRESIDENT. This thread is about Ingraham implying that you need to be qualified to merely express an opinion.

Being President is actually a job, and there should be a level of qualification to it. Expressing opinions is open to everyone in America, and something I think needs to be encouraged.

17. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,756 Times in 16,563 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,622 Times in 1,532 Posts

Wolsey was on Laura Ingram and got into an interesting geopolitical discussion ..Ingram takes the position I do;
    if you weaken Putin too much with banking sanctions (etc.) it drives Russia away from it's European perspective.
    Russia and Europe both thrive when there is trade and a rapproachment of tensions.

But if you drive Putin into China's arms, China can at least trade with Russia to some extent
    ( like joining in China's Belt/Silk and Road Project) - but align closely militarily.

That's bad for USA.
    China has the money and Russia has the engineering expertise in weapons designs that can rival the USA.
    It's towards everyone interests except China to keep Russia in the European/western sphere

18. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,617 Times in 2,816 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,328 Times in 1,225 Posts

Well, for starters, I haven't expressed any of that.

But, you're talking about something different w/ the above. You're talking about qualifications to actually be PRESIDENT. This thread is about Ingraham implying that you need to be qualified to merely express an opinion.

Being President is actually a job, and there should be a level of qualification to it. Expressing opinions is open to everyone in America, and something I think needs to be encouraged.
    millions of people express opinions, that is their right. the qualifications to be president is spelled out clearly in the constitution. anything beyond that is nothing more than disagreement. that's fine. but know that others think the same of you.
    A sad commentary on we, as a people, and our viewpoint of our freedom can be summed up like this. We have liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans, yet those very people look at Constitutionalists as radical and extreme.................so those liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans must believe that the constitution is radical and extreme.

19. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Wow - trouble reading, eh bravs?

I was asking the question because of what she said - I didn't STATE anything. It was based on how she was talking, like only she & select pundits had a right to express opinions.

I think she has the right to speak, just as Lebron does, just as you & I do. Ingraham is the one saying only certain people have that right.

Now, would you like to further embarrass yourself?
    Because she has a talk show and used to work for SCOTUS, she has some sort of right to express her views that many of us do not have?
    You were questioning her right to express her views that many of you do not have?

You said it, plain and simple....too late to back peddle now thingy....