Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Why do libs obsess over "assault rifles" when handgun deaths are so much more common?

1. #61 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,632 Times in 4,084 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,357 Times in 1,282 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Peridot View Post
    Well, since fewer are dying every year I'd argue against upsetting the trend.
    What planet have you been on lately? Here, a primer for your education:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/School..._United_States
    During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.

George Orwell

2. #62 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,031 Times in 698 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 24 Times in 22 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Taichiliberal View Post

Hmmmm

https://mises.org/blog/fbi-us-homicide-rate-51-year-low

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Peridot For This Post:

Truth Detector (02-19-2018)

4. #63 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Originally Posted by Taichiliberal

Hmmmm

http://abcnews.go.com/US/story?id=95379&page=1
    And since what you posted DOES NOT CHANGE THE INFORMATION I SOURCED REGARDING SCHOOL SHOOTING ONE IOTA, I'd say you're either not understanding what is being presented or you're just being stubborn not to conceded a point. Which is it? Hmmm?
    During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.

George Orwell

5. #64 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

And since what you posted DOES NOT CHANGE THE INFORMATION I SOURCED REGARDING SCHOOL SHOOTING ONE IOTA, I'd say you're either not understanding what is being presented or you're just being stubborn not to conceded a point. Which is it? Hmmm?
    So your original question of "how many people have to die?", which as I've shown is decreasing every year, was disingenuous and purely an appeal to emotion?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Peridot For This Post:

7. #65 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

So your original question of "how many people have to die?", which as I've shown is decreasing every year, was disingenuous and purely an appeal to emotion?
    As the chronology of the posts shows, school shootings are and have been continuous for the last ten years....the number of deaths fluctuate depending upon the situation, the perpetrator, etc. (5 in 2014, 10 in 2015, 6 died last year, 17 this year per Wikipedia).

You play word games: the OP clearly is in reference to the recent Florida school shooting where an assault rifle was used. But because I wrote "people" you try to divert from the obvious. Remember I wrote: So exactly how many school kids ( and people in general) have to get killed by these things before NRA flunkies realize that the almighty dollar just isn't worth it? What you are doing is ignoring these FACTS and trying to substitute OTHER STATS....why? To defend the selling of assault rifles? Beyond stock holders and manufacturers bottom line, who does that benefit? Surely not these kids in the last 10 years. So I ask again, how many have to die before folk like you concede that there is no necessity for these type of weapons in the civilian population?

George Orwell

8. #66 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

As the chronology of the posts shows, school shootings are and have been continuous for the last ten years....the number of deaths fluctuate depending upon the situation, the perpetrator, etc. (5 in 2014, 10 in 2015, 6 died last year, 17 this year per Wikipedia).

You play word games: the OP clearly is in reference to the recent Florida school shooting where an assault rifle was used. But because I wrote "people" you try to divert from the obvious. Remember I wrote: So exactly how many school kids ( and people in general) have to get killed by these things before NRA flunkies realize that the almighty dollar just isn't worth it? What you are doing is ignoring these FACTS and trying to substitute OTHER STATS....why? To defend the selling of assault rifles? Beyond stock holders and manufacturers bottom line, who does that benefit? Surely not these kids in the last 10 years. So I ask again, how many have to die before folk like you concede that there is no necessity for these type of weapons in the civilian population?
    Fewer people die every year, including children, under the current system. So nothing new needs to be done, nor should be done.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Peridot For This Post:

10. #67 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Originally Posted by Taichiliberal

Fewer people die every year, including children, under the current system. So nothing new needs to be done, nor should be done.
    And yet the deaths of school kids by assault rifle waving nuts is on going....fluctuating from hi's and lows in the last ten years. A matter of fact, a matter of history whether you like it or not, and which makes your myopic parroting irrelevant. So in true NRA flunkie fashion, you do nothing in the name of profit and paranoid fear as the slaughter of innocents periodically (and with increased frequency) continues. Disgusting, but not unexpected. Carry on.

George Orwell

11. #68 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,674 Times in 14,047 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,136 Times in 1,080 Posts

And yet the deaths of school kids by assault rifle waving nuts is on going....fluctuating from hi's and lows in the last ten years. A matter of fact, a matter of history whether you like it or not, and which makes your myopic parroting irrelevant. So in true NRA flunkie fashion, you do nothing in the name of profit and paranoid fear as the slaughter of innocents periodically (and with increased frequency) continues. Disgusting, but not unexpected. Carry on.
    Are you saying that Billy is profiting off of the downward trend in annual gun-related deaths? That actually sounds noble, to me!

12. #69 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,010 Times in 8,569 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 498 Times in 487 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nordberg View Post
    You should not have any weapons. If you feel unsafe and think .wrongly, that a gun will make you safer, you don't need to talk about it. But you talk about your arsenal regularly. They define who you are and it is ugly. You are defiant and dare anyone to take them away. Do you have problems with people trying to take your guns away/?if so, that is quite unusual. But you are your guns and that is sad.
    Where have I said I use those guns for safety? I said I have them. You've also said I shouldn't and since I do, it's proof you don't have the guts to try and take something YOU say I shouldn't have. Seems I'm the winner and you're the coward.

It's not a dare. It's an expectation of someone who says I shouldn't own something to do something about it. You do nothing but talk. Your faggot buddy archives called me a Barney Fife yet when expected to back up that claim, makes excuses just like you.
    Last edited by CFM; 02-19-2018 at 01:06 PM.

13. #70 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,555 Times in 17,085 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,575 Times in 4,254 Posts

Do you really believe that? WOW

14. #71 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Do you really believe that? WOW
    Yes, it's confirmed truth. You're not a science denier are you?

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Peridot For This Post:

16. #72 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Threedee View Post
    Are you saying that Billy is profiting off of the downward trend in annual gun-related deaths? That actually sounds noble, to me!
    I am a true humanitarian. For when people exercise their rights, it benefits society as a whole.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Peridot For This Post:

18. #73 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,276 Times in 27,089 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,975 Times in 2,692 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sirthinksalot View Post
    It is well established that so called assault rifles are used in far fewer murders than hand guns. Why the obsession with "assault rifles"? Is it because they look scary? Or because mass shootings generate headlines and captivate public interest? Or most sadly, because you think a bunch of dead children is most useful to score cheap political points?

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2014/09/1...ww.google.com/
    You really should not have to think more than about three nanoseconds about this.

Most murders are committed are committed by abusive husbands, jealous lovers, warring dope addicts, drug dealers, aka, people who know each other. And handguns are the weapon of choice in those intimate and personal conflicts.

Are you aware that civilized society makes choices on what is important to us, what we want to prioritize?

I get that conservatives really do not care about mass executions of school children, and have never offered any tangible solutions to reduce them. If anything they are forever trying to weaken background checks, make it easier to buy guns, and fetishize military-style weapons and high capacity magazines.

But, I believe much of our civilized society finds the mass executions of school children in a place that is supposed to be safe for them, to be completely unacceptable. Relatively more unacceptable than a couple of drug dealers wasting each other, or a murderous spat between jealous lovers.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Cypress For This Post:

Taichiliberal (02-23-2018)

20. #74 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,555 Times in 17,085 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,575 Times in 4,254 Posts

The left is not obsessing about semi automatic and automatic weapons. However they are weapons of war designed to kill as many people people in as short a time as possible. they are not suited for home defense and not allowed for hunting. Can you figure out what their purpose is, if you try. They are military weapons that have no use in a society, but mass killers are attracted to them. If you plan on killing a lot of people in a short time, they are suitable. Other than that, they have no use. They do not belong in civilian hands. They should not be sold.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Nordberg For This Post:

Taichiliberal (02-23-2018)

22. #75 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

The left is not obsessing about semi automatic and automatic weapons. However they are weapons of war designed to kill as many people people in as short a time as possible. they are not suited for home defense and not allowed for hunting. Can you figure out what their purpose is, if you try. They are military weapons that have no use in a society, but mass killers are attracted to them. If you plan on killing a lot of people in a short time, they are suitable. Other than that, they have no use. They do not belong in civilian hands. They should not be sold.
    Why are they unsuitable for home defense?

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Peridot For This Post: