Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Thread: It is pointless to exchange with a gun hugger on gun reform,

1. #106 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,373 Times in 4,319 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,440 Times in 2,029 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post
    As is true every time one of these preventable disasters happens -- my first reaction is OMG OMG those poor people, those poor parents. Almost 20 years ago it started with Columbine, and hasn't faded since, whether it was a school or a public venue like Las Vegas or the Pulse nightclub or Virginia Tech or churches or the never-ending parade of workplace shootings.

Then comes the anger, from the gut. Our culture of violence, worship of war, equating weapons with strength and reason with weakness... and most of all.... the mis-interpretation of the 2nd Amendment. The tunnel vision of the gun-humpers sees only "right to bear arms." It doesn't see the rest about "well-regulated militia." The gun-humpers cry "I've never done anything wrong with my dic....er, guns.... why should I be penalized because some guy with the same guns killed 59 ppl going to a concert?"

Somehow, the right of the gun-suckers to have the "freedom" to own their peni--- um, weapons has triumphed over your right to walk free from harm when you go to church, when you send your children to school, when you take your sweetie to a concert, when you're in your place of work. Like jack-lighted deer, we've let these fellow citizens frighten us into silence just so they can lovingly annoint their dealers-of-death with special oil and cherish them more than they cherish your life or mine -- or the lives of our country's children. We can't give 100% of the blame to the gun-fuckers. They in turn have been jack-lighted by the NRA, the conservative media, and the arms makers by means of fear. They truly believe, at least the stupidest of them, that "regulation" means someone confiscating their cold metal gonads. Then they'll be at the mercy of the thugs, brown people (redundant), and worse of all -- the government -- that the rest of us seem to be able to avoid and/or live in peace with.
    Our culture of violence, worship of war, equating weapons with strength and reason with weakness... and most of all.... the mis-interpretation of the 2nd Amendment.

The mis-interpretation of the 2nd amendment ?....are you seriously gonna try to tell us the 2nd Amendment has been mis-interpretated for almost 250 years ???
    and you've finally come along to tell us what it really, really means ?
    Put blame where it belongs
    ATF decided it could not regulate bump stocks during the Obama administration.
    It that time," the NRA wrote in a statement. "The NRA believes that devices designed to allow semiautomatic rifles to function like fully-automatic rifles should be subject to additional regulations."
    The ATF and Obama admin. ignored the NRA recommendations.

2. #107 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 326 Times in 306 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by archives View Post
    they don't understand the Constitution, the Bill of Rights, nor the Supreme Court rulings on the Second Amendment. They generalize the whole concept of freedom, taking an complex abstraction and reducing it to a cliche that would fit a bumper sticker

They all think regulating guns means the AFT is coming to their door to confiscate their toys, they deflect with the same debunked statistical "arguments" advanced by the NRA, repeat the lame talking points they've heard from the demogogues, anticipate Attila and the Huns are planning to break in to their house, and see themselves as Chuck Norris rather than the more applicable Barny Fife

It's pointless, one of the major reasons we have 30,000+ Americans die from guns every year, and what now seems as kids getting shot in schools every other month, it has become as American as apple pie

Guns are already regulated, hand guns are responsible for the vast majority of gun homicides not the so called "assault weapons," when you people say gun reform and regulation we all know what you really mean are gun bans and as per usual you intend to use the corpses of dead children as your soap box to push your anti-Constitutional agenda.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to PraiseKek For This Post:

NOVA (02-16-2018)

4. #108 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 326 Times in 306 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by christiefan915 View Post
    No one's been more insulting than the gunners to the anti-gunners who responded to this tragedy. Right off the bat we got hit with the same old crap about "out of my cold dead hands."
    Bullshit as always you sick fucks were here on day one using the corpses of dead children as your soap box to spout your anti-Constitutional agenda, get fucked.

5. The Following User Groans At PraiseKek For This Awful Post:

christiefan915 (02-17-2018)

6. #109 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 124 Times in 114 Posts

"well regulated" , I think, is translated, in current vernacular; would be "regularized" or "standardized". the "militia" is not, in my comprehension, an organized group of men, but is pertinent to the manufacture and distribution of standardized weapons which will be interchangeable and universally known by patriots. I think the jpp character "rune" has a true signature which reads that it is the duty of every citizen [I say resident] to own a modern military weapon. it is only due diligence to be proficient in the use and maintenance of the well regulated "militia". it has now proven to be the effective deterrent to tyrranical takeover which is a real and present danger since the islamic revolution began, barack was produced and the damned are come to evil fruition. it is good and will suffice until due time for the beast to overcome the saints and establish their unlawful "one world order" for 3.5 years. is it not ? if I am wrong, I earnestly want to know and have not seen any compelling testimony which would compel me to change my testimony.
    Even so, Come, Lord Jesus
    I do not participate in delusion count me out

7. #110 | Top
    Living in rural America, "clinging to guns and religion"
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,617 Times in 17,056 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 522 Times in 502 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post
    You just can't fix willful stupidity, and that's what we are dealing with here. There was another discussion where they started foaming at the mouth when I pointed out that the NRA gave up education in favor of lobbying for the arms makers years ago.... their own magazine American Hunter proves it. No, I'm "lying". Dumb fucktards, may they die at the hands of their own proxy dicks.
    You are a liar. You know nothing about what the NRA does when it comes to firearm education and training. Who do you think trains law enforcement and holds qualification courses and competitions? I don't believe for a moment you've read any NRA magazine, either. All magazines have their advertisers, don't they? Don't health magazines have pharmaceutical advertisers? Are they pushing drug addiction?
    You are nothing short of an uninformed hypocritical liar.
    Common sense is not a gift, it's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone who doesn't have it.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to RB 60 For This Post:

TOP (02-17-2018)

9. #111 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,634 Times in 9,300 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,405 Times in 1,371 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RB 60 View Post
    You are a liar. You know nothing about what the NRA does when it comes to firearm education and training. Who do you think trains law enforcement and holds qualification courses and competitions? I don't believe for a moment you've read any NRA magazine, either. All magazines have their advertisers, don't they? Don't health magazines have pharmaceutical advertisers? Are they pushing drug addiction?
    You are nothing short of an uninformed hypocritical liar.
    Explain why the NRA buys Senators and Congressman

10. #112 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,551 Times in 2,991 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 107 Times in 102 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mason View Post
    Not “buys” ... “supports.” And most A rated NRA senators and congressmen are voting exactly how their constituents want them to on gun issues or they wouldn’t have been elected.

11. #113 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Show us where they are for sale.
    If you say they are, then Soros bought Schumer, Pelosi and how many more, didn't he?
    Common sense is not a gift, it's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone who doesn't have it.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to RB 60 For This Post:

TOP (02-17-2018)

13. #114 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,634 Times in 9,300 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,405 Times in 1,371 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RB 60 View Post
    Show us where they are for sale.
    If you say they are, then Soros bought Schumer, Pelosi and how many more, didn't he?
    Deflection,away from murders!

14. #115 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,256 Times in 960 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 137 Times in 127 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by archives View Post
    That wasn't an insult, truth, have you ever seen an arguement supporting guns that falls outside of the parameters I noted above?

And gun huggers don't want to address guns, conservatives are more interested in spreading guns, look at the gun carry reciprocal legislation they just snuck thru the House, they have no interest in any measure of any kind that could help alleviate gun violence or school shootings if it means taking a serious look at regulating weapons, weapons of any kind

As I said, pointless
    *When a drunk driver kills innocent persons you don’t blame cars, you blame the driver.
    *When a terrorist blows up a building killing innocents, you don’t blame bombs, you blame the bomber.
    *When a lone gun man kills innocent people you don’t blame guns, you blame the gun own...errr...ooops, wait, what?
    TRUMP! TRUMP! TRUMP! TRUMP! TRUMP! TRUMP! TRUMP!

15. #116 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Deflection,away from murders!
    You are troubled. You brought up "Explain why the NRA buys Senators and Congressman."
    Not me.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to RB 60 For This Post:

TOP (02-17-2018)

17. #117 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,386 Times in 14,102 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 649 Times in 616 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by leaningright View Post
    Not “buys” ... “supports.” And most A rated NRA senators and congressmen are voting exactly how their constituents want them to on gun issues or they wouldn’t have been elected.
    You hit on a great point. People running for congress know how people in their district feel about guns. They aren't voting a certain way because of what the NRA says, they know if people in their district support guns or not.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to cawacko For This Post:

TOP (02-17-2018)

19. #118 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post
    You hit on a great point. People running for congress know how people in their district feel about guns. They aren't voting a certain way because of what the NRA says, they know if people in their district support guns or not.
    Exactly. That is the point.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to RB 60 For This Post:

TOP (02-17-2018)

21. #119 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,602 Times in 2,267 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 163 Times in 155 Posts

You should tell them to lift all special regulations on fully automatic firearms.

22. #120 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,010 Times in 8,569 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 498 Times in 487 Posts

I don't, my point is ,"no infringement ",doesn't mean anything goes!
    According to the definitions of the word "no" and "infringement" when they are combined, it does.

Read the 2nd amendment. In addition to the words "not" and "infringement" there is one more even more powerful word. Any ideas?