Members banned from this thread: evince and canceled.2021.3

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213

Thread: Why less school shootings in the '70's?

1. #181 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,581 Times in 9,703 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,312 Times in 1,210 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by leaningright View Post
    If a person cannot look at the history of other countries and not think this is the destination the anti gun people want for the US I say they are being willfully blind. Especially when they make statements like:

"If I could have banned them all - 'Mr. and Mrs. America turn in your guns' - I would have!"
    - Diane Feinstein

"I don't care if you want to hunt, I don't care if you think it's your right. I say 'Sorry.' it's 1999. We have had enough as a nation. You are not allowed to own a gun, and if you do own a gun I think you should go to prison."
    - Rosie O'Donnell

I realize that Rosie can’t make laws but it’s people like her we get to hear on our news programs as opinions of the left

I can round up more evidential quotes from those on the left but don’t have time right now. Multitasking trying to get some Sunday school points together before having to go to work.
    Your Party.

2. #182 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,551 Times in 2,991 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 107 Times in 102 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by OODA View Post
    Your Party.
    Maybe 15% here in Oklahoma. Most democrats here are much more reasonable (centered) than some other places.

3. #183 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Maybe 15% here in Oklahoma. Most democrats here are much more reasonable (centered) than some other places.
    Yeah sure. It's only when they are the majority that they become, suddenly, unreasonable.

4. #184 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Posts like this are pretty prevalent on my Facebook feed right now. I picked this one to give some an idea what the other side is thinking right now. I’m not saying that this is all of what’s wrong but a number of people think it is a lot of what’s wrong....and it fits this thread. The picture that goes with it is of a young man holding an AK type weapon.

This is my 19-yr-old with his AKM semi-auto that he saved his own money up to purchase working a full-time job.
    One of the things we enjoy doing as father and son is going to the range together.
    This is a powerful, high-capacity weapon. It is not a toy. He can take it apart, clean it, put it back together, and safely and effectively use it.
    Many people will be horrified that he bought it on his own and has sole, unsupervised possession of it. I am not. I sleep like a baby across the hall from him every night.
    How can I do that? Why am I so at ease with my teenager owning this weapon?
    Simple- I am his father, and I RAISED him. I raised him to respect and value life. I raised him to treat others with respect and dignity. I raised him to fear and honor the Lord.
    I didn’t get his mom pregnant and then abandon him and her.
    I didn’t fail in teaching him traditional values. I gave him truth on a daily basis to combat the lies the liberal society is feeding his generation.
    I didn’t fail to discipline him when he needed it.
    I was never either of my kids’ friend while they were young. I was their father.
    We don’t do moral relativism in our household. We believe that there is right and wrong.
    We don’t do entitlement in our household.
    We don’t do victimhood in our household.
    We bow our heads during prayer.
    We stand with respect during the National Anthem.
    We believe you should work for what you have and don’t begrudge others who have been more successful.
    There’s much more, but I think you get the picture.
    I’M NOT SAYING I’M A PERFECT PARENT. But, I have been an INTENTIONAL parent.

The things above are what enable me to sleep like a baby across the hall from him with his rifle(s) in his room. I know he’d effectively defend his family against a threat in the middle of the night, and never harm an innocent person.

The adults have failed the past couple of generations of kids.
    The culture from the 1960s-forward has devalued marriage and the traditional family structure allowing kids, particularly boys, to be raised without active, present fathers, susceptible to the lies of this liberal, entitled, narcissistic, perverted, morally-relative, anything-goes society.
    That’s why we have all the school shootings. Society is raising confused, mentally- and emotionally-stunted kids.
    Blaming it on guns is further denying the responsibility of the adults who failed to raise their kids right. It’s much less work and effort to point the finger at Big Daddy Government and say, “Fix it!” than to do the hard work of self-responsibility and fixing families.
    Kids at my school had rifles and shotguns in the their vehicles parked in the school parking lot every day and I never felt afraid of that. I never heard a student threaten to shoot another. Kids settled their disputes with words, and sometimes their fists, but never with guns.
    My opinion, feel free to make it your own.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to leaningright For This Post:

MAGA MAN (02-17-2018), TOP (02-17-2018), USFREEDOM911 (02-17-2018)

6. #185 | Top
    Living in rural America, "clinging to guns and religion"
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,617 Times in 17,056 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 522 Times in 502 Posts

Posts like this are pretty prevalent on my Facebook feed right now. I picked this one to give some an idea what the other side is thinking right now. I’m not saying that this is all of what’s wrong but a number of people think it is a lot of what’s wrong....and it fits this thread. The picture that goes with it is of a young man holding an AK type weapon.
    MY father could have written that, that's exactly how I was raised. I'm damn proud of it, too.
    Common sense is not a gift, it's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone who doesn't have it.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to RB 60 For This Post:

USFREEDOM911 (02-17-2018)

8. #186 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

My son was building AK 74s from old parts in my garage when he was in highschool.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to MAGA MAN For This Post:

leaningright (02-17-2018)

10. #187 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Mason View Post
    Can you even read?
    I don’t understand the question.

11. #188 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Cypress View Post
    Oh, so you are a mind reader now, without a shred of tangible evidence, and have been able to penetrate the liberal conspiracy to ban all guns?

I don't think it is possible to have a reasonable discussion if you feel you must resort to conspiracy theories.
    If a person cannot look at the history of other countries and not think this is the destination the anti gun people want for the US I say they are being willfully blind. Especially when they make statements like:

"If I could have banned them all - 'Mr. and Mrs. America turn in your guns' - I would have!"
    - Diane Feinstein

"I don't care if you want to hunt, I don't care if you think it's your right. I say 'Sorry.' it's 1999. We have had enough as a nation. You are not allowed to own a gun, and if you do own a gun I think you should go to prison."
    - Rosie O'Donnell

I realize that Rosie can’t make laws but it’s people like her we get to hear on our news programs as opinions of the left

I can round up more evidential quotes from those on the left but don’t have time right now. Multitasking trying to get some Sunday school points together before having to go to work.

———————————
    Found a local one

“3) Making the purchase of a gun one of the most difficult things to accomplish rather than one of the easiest.
    4) Punish the living #$&@ out of the person with the gun, the place where he obtained it and the manufacturer that promoted its sale.” - domer

Going to work now. May find more later.

12. #189 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,386 Times in 14,102 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 649 Times in 616 Posts

- Diane Feinstein

- Rosie O'Donnell

———————————
    Found a local one

“3) Making the purchase of a gun one of the most difficult things to accomplish rather than one of the easiest.
    4) Punish the living #$&@ out of the person with the gun, the place where he obtained it and the manufacturer that promoted its sale.” - domer

Going to work now. May find more later.
    I'll add to your point the people saying now we have to make sure this never happens again. While definitely a worthy goal the reality is no "common sense" gun laws that we hear about are going to prevent this from happening. The only way to completely make sure is all guns are not only banned but all existing guns are captured by the government and destroyed. Then we would have to make sure no guns enter our country. The chances of all that happening aren't high.

What you are saying isn't a conspiracy theory, you are correct. Gun ban is the goal of a good number of people even if they don't outright admit it.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to cawacko For This Post:

leaningright (02-17-2018)