Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Nikolas Cruz was allowed to keep the AR-15, if it was stored in a locked safe.

1. #106 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,904 Times in 21,666 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,696 Times in 5,198 Posts
    Blog Entries

It was illegal for the kid could buy a beer, but he legally bought that killing machine.

2. #107 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,146 Times in 1,528 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 429 Times in 408 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Threedee View Post
    No, and not really.
    Oh, child. You're so out of your depth here.

Do you think that US citizens have a 'right' to own and deploy mustard gas? What about nukes?

How about to label their political enemies as child molesters?

There are public safety/health reasons, as well as national security reasons, as to why there are no absolute rights.|

Even the 1st Amendment is restricted.

Please be less retarded and try and be less of a dumbass, dumbass.

3. #108 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,676 Times in 14,049 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,136 Times in 1,080 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CharacterAssassin View Post
    Oh, child. You're so out of your depth here.

Do you think that US citizens have a 'right' to own and deploy mustard gas? What about nukes?

How about to label their political enemies as child molesters?

There are public safety/health reasons, as well as national security reasons, as to why there are no absolute rights.|

Even the 1st Amendment is restricted.

Please be less retarded and try and be less of a dumbass, dumbass.
    Those items aren't "arms," and fit a different classification of weaponry. The Constitution and common law already recognize such concepts as libel, slander, copyright, patents, etc.

4. #109 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,386 Times in 14,102 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 649 Times in 616 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jarod View Post
    It was illegal for the kid could buy a beer, but he legally bought that killing machine.
    Need to lower the drinking age

5. #110 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,834 Times in 17,265 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,601 Times in 4,278 Posts

I suspect he took it out of the safe,.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Nordberg For This Post:

domer76 (02-16-2018)

7. #111 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,610 Times in 10,571 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 578 Times in 535 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Havana Moon View Post
    Every applicant for a firearms licence should have a certificate from a doctor stating they are not subject to mental impairment.

Sent from my Lenovo K8 using Tapatalk
    Imagine how people would react if they said, "Every person who is registering to vote should have a certificate from a doctor stating they are not subject to mental impairment."

And voting isn't even an enumerated right.
    Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but rather we have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
    - -- Aristotle

Believe nothing on the faith of traditions, even though they have been held in honor for many generations and in diverse places. Do not believe a thing because many people speak of it. Do not believe on the faith of the sages of the past. Do not believe what you yourself have imagined, persuading yourself that a God inspires you. Believe nothing on the sole authority of your masters and priests. After examination, believe what you yourself have tested and found to be reasonable, and conform your conduct thereto.
    - -- The Buddha

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    - -- Aristotle

8. #112 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jarod View Post
    Teenagers with violence and mental issues should not legally own an AR-15
    True. Mental illness needs to be dealt with.
    Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but rather we have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
    - -- Aristotle

Believe nothing on the faith of traditions, even though they have been held in honor for many generations and in diverse places. Do not believe a thing because many people speak of it. Do not believe on the faith of the sages of the past. Do not believe what you yourself have imagined, persuading yourself that a God inspires you. Believe nothing on the sole authority of your masters and priests. After examination, believe what you yourself have tested and found to be reasonable, and conform your conduct thereto.
    - -- The Buddha

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    - -- Aristotle

9. #113 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,323 Times in 10,512 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,917 Times in 4,233 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Damocles View Post
    Imagine how people would react if they said, "Every person who is registering to vote should have a certificate from a doctor stating they are not subject to mental impairment."

Difficult for one person to engage in mass slaughter with a ballot in their hand. Death from multiple paper cuts?

10. #114 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by domer76 View Post
    Difficult for one person to engage in mass slaughter with a ballot in their hand. Death from multiple paper cuts?
    Which doesn't change one iota of what I stated. It simply compares how people talk about one of the rights we believed important enough to enumerate, and how people react to a right which is absolutely understood not to be a "right" to anyone but a citizen.

I'm not sure how it is going to happen, but positive certification is doubtless out of the question. "Shall not be infringed" doesn't mean, "must be government certified".
    - -- Aristotle

- -- The Buddha

- -- Aristotle

11. #115 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,323 Times in 10,512 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,917 Times in 4,233 Posts
    Blog Entries

Which doesn't change one iota of what I stated. It simply compares how people talk about one of the rights we believed important enough to enumerate, and how people react to a right which is absolutely understood not to be a "right" to anyone but a citizen.

I'm not sure how it is going to happen, but positive certification is doubtless out of the question. "Shall not be infringed" doesn't mean, "must be government certified".
    All rights are limited and SCOTUS has ruled accordingly on the 2nd, so spare me the “shall not be infringed” bullshit. It may be a rallying cry for the Constitutionally challenged barrel-strokers, but it is a laughable, trite little mantra to those who know better.

Sadly, you are EXACTLY wrong on the “government certified”. That’s what is referred to a background check, isn’t it?

12. #116 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by domer76 View Post
    All rights are limited and SCOTUS has ruled accordingly on the 2nd, so spare me the “shall not be infringed” bullshit. It may be a rallying cry for the Constitutionally challenged barrel-strokers, but it is a laughable, trite little mantra to those who know better.

Sadly, you are EXACTLY wrong on the “government certified”. That’s what is referred to a background check, isn’t it?
    Not really, a background check looks at information, it does not require somebody to take specific action to gain a certification before exercising a right. For instance, the SCOTUS ruled that a test to certify a voter for registration was unconstitutional as it is a right afforded to all citizens. Since this is a personal right the same would be the case here. While you can check whether a voter is registered to vote and give them a ballot, you cannot make them take a test to certify eligibility to register so they can then get a ballot.

Basically, checking your name against a list (whether you've been convicted of certain types of crimes in this case) okay (like checking voter registration roles), asking somebody to go to a doctor and get a certification of mental stability is not okay (like asking voters to take a test to verify the ability to understand their vote was not okay).

Anyway, we agree. Nutjobs shouldn't get to buy and keep weapons. We disagree on how it will be done, and basically for the reasons I've outlined.
    - -- Aristotle

- -- The Buddha

- -- Aristotle

13. #117 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 4 Times in 4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Teflon Don View Post
    You are leaving out one VERY important fact

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2018...-person-video/

The FBI knew about this kid in September 2017 but according to them they couldn't verify it was the same Nikolas Cruz because I guess there are MILLIONS of them.

I am disinclined to believe the rest of your post as you have been prone to lie here in the past, however I am truly sorry for the loss of life and it is tragic as is all loss of life regardless of how it happens. Whether it is at the hands of a psycho with a gun, or a butcher with a scalpel that scrapes a baby out of a woman's uterus and crushes its skull with forceps, or whether it is a muslime terrorist doing it in the name of Allah. Wouldn't you agree?
    I love how you try to throw a "fact" in someone's face and then cite the Gateway Pundit. You're a fucking idiot.

14. #118 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Havana Moon View Post
    If somebody had asked why an 18 year old needed an AR15 with large capacity magazines, then this tragedy might have been avoided? I find it particularly noteworthy that you've not said one thing about the victims, caring only about the potential.imoact on you.

It's not particularly noteworthy. These self-entitled twats don't give two fiddler's fucks about 20 dead kids in Newtown or 17 dead people in Florida or whatever. Nothing can get in the way of their hobby.

15. #119 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Teflon Don View Post
    Actually, I care deeply about what happened to the victims. I am sorry that shit for brains like you feel the need to politicize this before they even take away the dead bodies.

Yes, I do worry about how this impacts my civil liberties and Constitutional Rights. I know you limey brits have squandered yours away.
    Yeah, you fucking gunfuckers whine and cry about "they're politicizing their deaths, it's too soon!" And those bodies are barely in the ground before the next one happens.

Tell us, you syphillitic pustule, when IS the right time to talk about it?

16. #120 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,051 Times in 26,519 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,742 Times in 4,521 Posts
    Blog Entries

Imagine a country that does exactly that, yes that's right the UK!