Blog Entries

4. #138 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,172 Times in 10,390 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,876 Times in 4,194 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Evmetro View Post
    It's nobody's business how many guns a person has, since his right to bear arms "shall not be infringed".

5. #139 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by countryboy View Post
    Winner winner, chicken dinner!
    ^
    That makes two morons ignorant of the 2nd.

6. #140 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,654 Times in 4,435 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 184 Times in 180 Posts

7. #141 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,276 Times in 27,089 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,975 Times in 2,692 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RB 60 View Post
    First of all, lets be clear, none of these "weapons" you refer to are "assault rifles." The term "assault rifle" was coined by the Germans and refer to the fully automatic rifle (that they originally designed), not a semi-automatic rifle. To own a fully automatic, one must have the proper permit, those permits are not cheap and are not easily obtained.
    That said, I own 2 M1 Garrands, both purchased from the Army. One is a finely tuned Springfield Armory National Match rifle that I used in service rifle competitions, the other is a Winchester that I bought because, well, I got it cheap (also from the Army) years ago. They use an 8 round "clip" (as they are generally referred to) and are very easily and quickly reloaded. Personally, I could "raise as much hell" and do it far more accurately than just about anyone with a fully automatic rifle.
    The simple fact is the .223 round is much cheaper than the M1 Garrand's .30-06 round, or the M1A carbine version (that many competitors used when I shot competitively) that use the .308.
    You can try to word smith this all you want. Still does not answer the question as to why, when you see mass executions of school children, it is generally not a shot gun or hunting rifle involved. It is almost always one of these military style, high capacity, semi-automatic assault rifles. Guns that are not designed for hunting, but are designed for inflicting mass trauma on human tissue.

What exactly are do people hunt (besides humans) with a military-style assault rifle?

When I was growing up, I do not remember a single dude I knew who owned a semi-automatic civilian copy of a military assault rifle. And I was around people who owned guns. Yes, my father had an M-1 carbine, they do not have high capacity ammo clips. And M-1 carbines are not being used to execute school children. So they are obviously not the weapon of choice of people who like to conduct mass executions of school children.

I personally think the fetish for military style assault rifles is fairly recent in American history. I do not think it is a healthy fetish, there were plenty of guns when I grew up for target shooting, hunting, and collecting.

8. #142 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,812 Times in 6,202 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 493 Times in 469 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cypress View Post
    You can try to word smith this all you want. Still does not answer the question as to why, when you see mass executions of school children, it is generally not a shot gun or hunting rifle involved. It is almost always one of these military style, high capacity, semi-automatic assault rifles. Guns that are not designed for hunting, but are designed for inflicting mass trauma on human tissue.

What exactly are do people hunt (besides humans) with a military-style assault rifle?

When I was growing up, I do not remember a single dude I knew who owned a semi-automatic civilian copy of a military assault rifle. And I was around people who owned guns. Yes, my father had an M-1 carbine, they do not have high capacity ammo clips. And M-1 carbines are not being used to execute school children. So they are obviously not the weapon of choice of people who like to conduct mass executions of school children.

I personally think the fetish for military style assault rifles is fairly recent in American history. I do not think it is a healthy fetish, there were plenty of guns when I grew up for target shooting, hunting, and collecting.
    Then you are personally an ignorant fool. When the right to keep and bear arms was guaranteed in the bill of rights, do you think they weren't referring to state of the art weaponry?
    Every life matters

9. #143 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,529 Times in 10,534 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 578 Times in 535 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Royal Highness View Post
    ar-15's are like a super safe gun. It's very accurate and it's no different than like a normal rifle (gun nuts correct me if I am wrong). it looks scary to idiots but it's literally no different than your standard rifle
    True. It is designed to be easy to handle, even a young teen can handle the weapon well. It "looks" scary, but the reality is a rifle that doesn't look quite a coolski would do the exact same damage.
    Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but rather we have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
    - -- Aristotle

Believe nothing on the faith of traditions, even though they have been held in honor for many generations and in diverse places. Do not believe a thing because many people speak of it. Do not believe on the faith of the sages of the past. Do not believe what you yourself have imagined, persuading yourself that a God inspires you. Believe nothing on the sole authority of your masters and priests. After examination, believe what you yourself have tested and found to be reasonable, and conform your conduct thereto.
    - -- The Buddha

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    - -- Aristotle

10. #144 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by evince View Post
    except the clip size and the velocity of the bullet right
    Incorrect. Pretty much everything in this statement is wrong. It is a magazine, not a clip, you can buy magazines that will hold that many rounds for nearly any semi automatic rifle, and the velocity of the bullet is the same regardless of which rifle it is fired from as the round holds the charge. Same round fired from different weapons will have the same velocity regardless of how cool the gun looks.
    Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but rather we have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
    - -- Aristotle

Believe nothing on the faith of traditions, even though they have been held in honor for many generations and in diverse places. Do not believe a thing because many people speak of it. Do not believe on the faith of the sages of the past. Do not believe what you yourself have imagined, persuading yourself that a God inspires you. Believe nothing on the sole authority of your masters and priests. After examination, believe what you yourself have tested and found to be reasonable, and conform your conduct thereto.
    - -- The Buddha

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    - -- Aristotle

11. #145 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Damocles View Post
    Incorrect. Pretty much everything in this statement is wrong. It is a magazine, not a clip, you can buy magazines that will hold that many rounds for nearly any semi automatic rifle, and the velocity of the bullet is the same regardless of which rifle it is fired from as the round holds the charge. Same round fired from different weapons will have the same velocity regardless of how cool the gun looks.
    Wordsmithing again. You know exactly what he meant by clip, a commonly used term. You want to wordsmith on guns? I can do that, too.

The bottom line is that AR platform is light, portable, and designed for EXACTLY what this kid used it for. Want a semi-auto .30 cal? Theoretically, the same size magazine. What’s the difference, pally? Heavier, more cumbersome, greater recoil, on and on.

Mass shooter apologist

12. #146 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by domer76 View Post
    The largest handgun magazine is about 31 for the Glock, isn’t it? The largest AR-15 magazine is about 3X that, isn’t it, bitch?
    You may be talking about factory magazines, and it is 33 for the Glock 22 (shoots 40 caliber rounds), however you can get and make much larger ones if you don't mind holding a gun that looks like a cane. There are also round shaped ones that can hold a ridiculous number of rounds.

The round ones I'm talking about look a bit like this one (though this isn't the largest I've seen, just one I saw available with a quick search, this one holds 50 rounds for your handgun).

- -- Aristotle

- -- The Buddha

- -- Aristotle

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Damocles For This Post:

USFREEDOM911 (02-16-2018)

14. #147 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Wordsmithing again. You know exactly what he meant by clip, a commonly used term. You want to wordsmith on guns? I can do that, too.

The bottom line is that AR platform is light, portable, and designed for EXACTLY what this kid used it for. Want a semi-auto .30 cal? Theoretically, the same size magazine. What’s the difference, pally? Heavier, more cumbersome, greater recoil, on and on.

Mass shooter apologist
    First, we are working with the written language, wordsmithing is not an insult as making yourself understood on the first attempt is valuable a bit of wordsmithing is amply rewarded. Second, I compared apples to apples while you pretend to make sense comparing snakes to caterpillars. She asked a question, and I answered it. She may not use question marks but that was a question.

Basically, any semi automatic rifle made to fire those same rounds will fire relatively accurately and can be fitted with a magazine to hold the same number of rounds, the differences in recoil will be minimal as the round has the same charge regardless of which rifle it is fired from. While some may be more cumbersome to carry, not many will be.
    - -- Aristotle

- -- The Buddha

- -- Aristotle

15. #148 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

First, we are working with the written language, wordsmithing is not an insult as making yourself understood on the first attempt is valuable a bit of wordsmithing is amply rewarded. Second, I compared apples to apples while you pretend to make sense comparing snakes to caterpillars. She asked a question, and I answered it. She may not use question marks but that was a question.

Basically, any semi automatic rifle made to fire those same rounds will fire relatively accurately and can be fitted with a magazine to hold the same number of rounds, the differences in recoil will be minimal as the round has the same charge regardless of which rifle it is fired from. While some may be more cumbersome to carry, not many will be.
    Right. The recoil of a 60 gr .223 is the same as a 185 gr 30-06. The 30-06 is just as portable. The magazine capacity is identical.

Please, give this lame argument up.

16. #149 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Right. The recoil of a 60 gr .223 is the same as a 185 gr 30-06. The 30-06 is just as portable. The magazine capacity is identical.

Please, give this lame argument up.
    So the part about "the same round" simply goes right through your empty head? As I said, talking different rounds is a different thing. Like comparing the relative likenesses of caterpillars and snakes. Your "wordsmithing" needs more practice.
    - -- Aristotle

- -- The Buddha

- -- Aristotle

17. #150 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

So the part about "the same round" simply goes right through your empty head? As I said, talking different rounds is a different thing. Like comparing the relative likenesses of caterpillars and snakes. Your "wordsmithing" needs more practice.
    Thanks for validating my post