1. #31 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,189 Times in 895 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 88 Times in 87 Posts

"[translation]
    Thank God I'm not qualified to become a Policeman
    [/translation]" u9 #13
    I not only studied criminal justice in college. I was a policeman for years. I've forgotten more about police work than you'll ever know.

Thanks for playing.
    Don't forget to take your Thorazine.
    "It should be obvious to anyone why conservatives and libertarians should be against Trump. He has no grounding in belief. No core philosophy. No morals. No loyalty. No curiosity. No empathy and no understanding. He demands personal loyalty and not loyalty to the nation. His only core belief is in his own superiority to everyone else. His only want is exercise more and more personal power." smb / purveyor of fact 18/03/18

2. #32 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,232 Times in 3,450 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,212 Times in 1,887 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by noise View Post
    Baltimore became the dumping ground for mid-Atlantic poor..not a black or white issue, more a crappy tax base
    HAHAHA. Baltimore is 90% black and they're all on welfare. That's why they have a crappy tax base, you fool.
    Reckless drivers are a bigger threat to you than all other criminals put together!

THE BIG LIE - Blacks and whites are different physically but identical mentally!

There is no way 81 million americans voted for a man they know is a child molester w dementia. Impeach Joe the Pedophile Vegetable (JPV)

3. #33 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,432 Times in 12,044 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,699 Times in 1,647 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SmarterthanYou View Post
    no, I agree that there's one definition for traveling, according to the law.
    But since you want to use one example of someone not being hired and then try to use that as a broad brush to paint everyone else, why aren't we able to use one travelers behavior to paint the rest of them??
    SEDITION: incitement of resistance to or insurrection against lawful authority.

4. #34 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sear View Post
    I not only studied criminal justice in college. I was a policeman for years. I've forgotten more about police work than you'll ever know.

Thanks for playing.
    Don't forget to take your Thorazine.
    That might explain why you're no longer a Policeman, if you ever were one to begin with.

5. #35 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,617 Times in 2,816 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,328 Times in 1,225 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by USFREEDOM911 View Post
    But since you want to use one example of someone not being hired and then try to use that as a broad brush to paint everyone else, why aren't we able to use one travelers behavior to paint the rest of them??
    if you want to be on the side of big government, like all liberals, then feel free to use that example as you see fit.
    A sad commentary on we, as a people, and our viewpoint of our freedom can be summed up like this. We have liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans, yet those very people look at Constitutionalists as radical and extreme.................so those liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans must believe that the constitution is radical and extreme.

6. #36 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

"That might explain why you're no longer a Policeman, if you ever were one to begin with." U9 #34
    I got in as a matter of principle, a commitment to civilization, & law & order.
    I spent some years at it. And when I learned that it wasn't what I'd dreamed it would be, I got out of that line of work, and into computer chip development.

My salary increased manifold.
    My working conditions became safer and more relaxed.
    Instead of dragging drunks out of bars, I worked with engineers, some of the best on the planet.

I'm not an anarchist. I deeply appreciate law & order. But I've spent time with half a dozen COPs in the past year, and I'm very glad they're taking care of it. In my retirement I consider my bout as a COP as a youthful indiscretion.
    "It should be obvious to anyone why conservatives and libertarians should be against Trump. He has no grounding in belief. No core philosophy. No morals. No loyalty. No curiosity. No empathy and no understanding. He demands personal loyalty and not loyalty to the nation. His only core belief is in his own superiority to everyone else. His only want is exercise more and more personal power." smb / purveyor of fact 18/03/18

7. #37 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

if you want to be on the side of big government, like all liberals, then feel free to use that example as you see fit.
    It wasn't a comment or a question about being on the side of big government and instead was about using a single Travelers behavior as an example of ALL TRAVELERS behaviors.

I thought you understood that.

8. #38 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I got in as a matter of principle, a commitment to civilization, & law & order.
    I spent some years at it. And when I learned that it wasn't what I'd dreamed it would be, I got out of that line of work, and into computer chip development.

My working conditions became safer and more relaxed.
    Instead of dragging drunks out of bars, I worked with engineers, some of the best on the planet.

I'm not an anarchist. I deeply appreciate law & order. But I've spent time with half a dozen COPs in the past year, and I'm very glad they're taking care of it. In my retirement I consider my bout as a COP as a youthful indiscretion.
    So you say; but then, it does appear that liberals do tend to make up "stories" about who they know, where they've lived and/or worked.

9. #39 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 124 Times in 114 Posts

there will be a whole lot more goons shot to death in Baltimore. genius. ; a dead man can't sue their killer or testify against their killer.
    Even so, Come, Lord Jesus
    I do not participate in delusion count me out

10. #40 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

U9 #38

Thank you for attesting to my veracity.

11. #41 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

U9 #38

Thank you for attesting to my veracity.
    If you believe that I was "attesting" to you being truthful, probably shows another reason why you're not involved in law enforcement.

12. #42 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,617 Times in 2,816 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,328 Times in 1,225 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by USFREEDOM911 View Post
    It wasn't a comment or a question about being on the side of big government and instead was about using a single Travelers behavior as an example of ALL TRAVELERS behaviors.

I thought you understood that.
    you used a comparison of one being the same as the other. I thought YOU understood that.
    A sad commentary on we, as a people, and our viewpoint of our freedom can be summed up like this. We have liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans, yet those very people look at Constitutionalists as radical and extreme.................so those liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans must believe that the constitution is radical and extreme.

13. #43 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

you used a comparison of one being the same as the other. I thought YOU understood that.
    But that was to point out what you were attempting to do and that led to the question I asked.

Didn't you understand that?

14. #44 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,232 Times in 3,450 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,212 Times in 1,887 Posts

HAHAHA. You mean many-fold? HAHAHA. Blacks are so illiterate.
    Reckless drivers are a bigger threat to you than all other criminals put together!

THE BIG LIE - Blacks and whites are different physically but identical mentally!

There is no way 81 million americans voted for a man they know is a child molester w dementia. Impeach Joe the Pedophile Vegetable (JPV)

15. #45 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

"If you believe that I was "attesting" to you being truthful ..." U9 #41
    In matters such as this sir or m'am, why would what I think matter?
    My comment addressed YOUR WORDS, not my thoughts:
    YOUR WORDS: "So you say; but then, it does appear that liberals do tend to make up "stories" about who they know, where they've lived and/or worked." U9 #38
    Therefore by logical deduction, if "liberals do tend to make up 'stories'" then conservatives do not.
    I'm vastly too mature to squabble about labels. But as a political conservative I accept your flattery, as well as your validation.
    "probably shows another reason why you're not involved in law enforcement." U9 #41
    You've made numerous errors here.
    - Not involved now, I retired in 1997.
    - "Probably" addresses probability. But this is a simple binary. Either I was OTJ, or not. Your amateurish attempt at statistical analysis will only lead you astray.

I understand you're not smart enough to figure it out. And I have nothing to gain no matter what you think. If you wish to think I'm the man in the moon, please yourself.

Now if YOU are done with the ad hom, the topic is about holding police responsible for their OTJ actions.

As a conservative I think it's a disgrace we haven't done this from the start.

Personal responsibility is a cornerstone of conservatism.

But I can reduced this in conceptual complexity to a level of simplicity even you can understand.

The People are not here for the convenience (or annoyance) of the police.
    The police are here for the welfare of the whole People.

And therefore it is the essence of political conservatism that those whose sworn professional duty is our welfare be held to the same standard the rest of us are.
    Baltimore's new policy - Cops to pay punitive damages out of own pocket
    I hope this very quickly becomes the U.S. national standard, and spreads from there to encompass the globe.

TK #44

manifold (mān´e-fold´) adjective
    1.Many and varied; of many kinds; multiple: our manifold failings.
    2.Having many features or forms: manifold intelligence.
    3.Being such for a variety of reasons: a manifold traitor.

[Middle English, from Old English manigfeald : manig, many. See many + -feald, -fald, -fold.]

Excerpted from The American HeritageŽ Dictionary of the English Language, Third Edition Š 1996 by Houghton Mifflin Company. Electronic version licensed from INSO Corporation; further reproduction and distribution in accordance with the Copyright Law of the United States. All rights reserved.

https://ahdictionary.com/

I don't mind being corrected TK, if I'm wrong. But according to AHD, my usage was correct.
    Better to keep your mouth closed and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.- inspired by Proverbs 17:28