Thread: Life After the Memo

1. #151 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,477 Times in 22,782 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,245 Times in 2,985 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JarredHead View Post
    I’m pro truth being released to the public.
    JarredHead claiming he is the Truth Detector!! That's funny shit dude!
    "When government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."

A lie doesn't become the truth, wrong doesn't become right, and evil doesn't become good just because it is accepted by a majority.
    Author: Booker T. Washington

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Unless you just can't stand the idea of "ni**ers" teaching white kids.

Quote Originally Posted by AProudLefty View Post
    Address the topic, not other posters.

2. #152 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,477 Times in 22,782 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,245 Times in 2,985 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DUMBFUCK in Exile View Post
    It's clear now that Trump is running scared. If there was nothing of substance to find, he could let the Mueller investigation go ahead and find nothing. Instead, he and his helpers have launched a campaign of character assassination and innuendo, alleging conspiracy in the FBI, the Justice Department, the opposition party and the former administration.

All this frantic activity is at Trump's behest. What is he afraid of? Not even he is dumb enough to waste all this effort on nothing. It may not be Russia collusion, but it's sure as hell something.

"When government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."

A lie doesn't become the truth, wrong doesn't become right, and evil doesn't become good just because it is accepted by a majority.
    Author: Booker T. Washington

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Unless you just can't stand the idea of "ni**ers" teaching white kids.

Quote Originally Posted by AProudLefty View Post
    Address the topic, not other posters.

3. #153 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,495 Times in 1,799 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 171 Times in 164 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tsuke View Post
    Attachment 5860

https://tsukesthoughts.wordpress.com...fter-the-memo/

Life After the Memo

As many people know Republican congressman Nunes recently released a memo alleging that the FBI used bad information in order to obtain a FISA warrant to spy on the Trump campaign. The Nunes memo also alleges that certain actors in the FBI did this out of a political preference for Clinton as opposed to Trump.

While the memo does not allege this it is fairly easy to extrapolate a use out of these illegal wiretaps. Embarrassing things could be leaked to the press, campaign strategies could be given to the Clinton camp, and it could even be used to force people to plead guilty to charges of lying to the FBI as what they tell the FBI in their interviews may not match exactly what they said in communications they believed to be private.

Russiagate

Let us go to the issue everyone is most concerned about. The Russia investigation. I believe it should continue. While a decent lawyer may be able to make a case for invalidating the guilty pleas rendered thus far using fruit of the poisonous tree arguments the investigation has already moved past becoming a legal issue. The terms used in the investigation could be legal ones and there could be legal strategies involved but it has already transformed into a political investigation. It would cause too much trouble to have it stopped so we should just let it continue. After all it has gone on for about a year with very little to show for its efforts.

FBIgate

If you have been reading my blog before I and other writers on the right have already stated that Obama wiretapped Trump. That is of course the short form of what happened. In essence we believe that President Obama used the powers of his administration to collude with friendly figures in the various law enforcement agencies to help the Democrat candidate win the 2016 election. This should not even be that surprising in all honesty. The Obama administration already has a history of doing this. The IRS was weaponized to target conservative groups for one and various agencies gave generous settlements to progressive groups for another.

Now that the mainstream has begun to connect the dots that we have long ago connected the next step should be taken. We need a second independent investigation into any attempt to weaponize the FBI in the last election.

Benefits

I consider this investigation to be more important than the Russian one. Foreign actors are expected to act like foreign actors. Russia, China, and for that matter even Ukraine and the pope all work to put leaders in place in America that they think will be beneficial to their nations. People forget how many world leaders tried to condemn Trump in an effort to detract from his campaign before the election. The FBI is something else. We don’t expect them to favor Democrats over Republicans nor do we expect them to favor Republicans over Democrats for that matter.

The FBI itself needs this investigation more than anyone. They do not realize yet but they are in serious trouble as an institution. As a general rule Democrats are against the FBI and other law enforcement agencies while the Republicans support them. Support from Democrats will not last. Democrats have convinced one of their core constituencies that law enforcement agencies are fundamentally racist. Organizations that have traditionally supported Democrats such as the ACLU have always been at odds with the Democrats and when push comes to shove Democrats will support them over the FBI as they are more popular with their base.

The FBI needs Republicans to trust it again. An institution without any popular support is very vulnerable to the whims of politicians. A credible investigation would be the only way to do that at this point. If the bureau refuses then Republicans, a significant portion of which already believe that the FBI worked against the Trump campaign, will not be swayed.

Grounds

Liberals like to think that there are plenty of grounds for the special counsel investigation into President Trump. If you were to think that then you would also have to admit that there are plenty of grounds for an investigation into the conduct of the FBI during the election.

You initially had the infamous tarmac meeting between Bill Clinton and Loretta Lynch in which they discussed grand babies or something while taking private jets to meet in an out-of-the-way location. Then you have the confirmed fact that the FBI changed the language of its reports to make it consistent with the language used by the Clinton campaign. Think about that. A political campaign and the FBI making sure that they were using the same language to send a consistent message. Lastly you have recent revelations showing that even before the investigation into her private servers were over leadership in the FBI had already decided to exonerate her.

These are just some of the verified things that have come out and does not even include the potential for FISA abuse. The FBI and Democrats do not help things either by hiding behind national security when documents like the memo clearly include nothing that compromises it.

Again if there are enough grounds for a special counsel to be called on the Trump Russia collusion there is certainly more than enough grounds for a special counsel to be called on the conduct of the FBI during the election. I would even argue that it is even a greater national security issue to have a FBI compromised by the Democrats than to have a foreign government attempt to interfere with our election (mostly because all foreign governments try to influence the US election).

Media

The media needs to be mentioned in this as well as their behavior has been appalling. In most civilized countries the role of the media is to demand greater government transparency. It is only in the US where the media condemns the government for being more transparent. In any situation it is usually the government asking a journalist not to release a story to protect national security. It is only in the US where the journalists ask the government not to release things for national security.

Grassley Memo

As I write this article it seems that a second document was released detailing further FISA abuses by the FBI. Good job to both Senators Grassley and Graham for having the courage to release the document. It should be available for everyone to read by now. The only thing I will highlight is that in that document the senators allege that the FBI stated to the FISA court that the Steele document was credible because Steele himself was credible.

This is amazing to me. In most cases the prosecution would have to verify the credibility of the actual source used by the agent as opposed to the agent himself. After all the information is coming from the source. In this case the it looks like the FBI did not even bother finding out who the source was and instead accepted everything lock, stock, and barrel because apparently Steele was just such an incredible agent.

If the standard the FISA court uses is simply the word of the agents involved then it is no wonder that the court has rejected less than 20 of the more than 35000 applications it has received.
    Well thought out and expressed, tsuke. Wish a lib or two could post this judiciously so I could at least evaluate opposing viewpoints rather than the usual Trump's a dick, you're a liar, da russians, suck Putin's balls, etc.
    Last edited by Cancel 2018.1; 02-07-2018 at 04:59 PM.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Cancel 2018.1 For This Post:

Darth Omar (02-07-2018)

5. #154 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,756 Times in 16,563 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,622 Times in 1,532 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jarod View Post
    I see the words you are quoting, where does it say that the portions of the steel dossier that were used were bogus? Where does that even questioned their veracity at all? Textbook throwing shade, for political gain. Trump people don’t care if it’s the truth or not. They take a shred and run with it.
    it says "minimal corroboration" how can anyone swear to the veracity of the Steele dossier if it's not corroborated
    ( verified?) ,It has nothing to do with Trump voters, it has to do with a FISA application filed on false grounds
    ( The Isakoff article claiming it was separate evidence, from Steele who was "desperate to stop Trump"
    - his words.)

You know how Trump said his voters would forgive him if he shot someone on 5th avenue?
    You swill a lot of the Dem kool aid yourself

6. #155 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,435 Times in 2,073 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 172 Times in 170 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Brad View Post
    I know, but how does that affect its actual veracity?
    You know?

You said you didn't see the relevance.

You also appeared to be unaware of the Gubarev case, but when pressed, claimed to be au courant with it.

I think you are lying.

I believe your evasiveness indicates a general lack of credibility on your part, Brad.

7. #156 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,981 Times in 3,024 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 841 Times in 781 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by aloysious View Post
    Well thought out and expressed, tsuke. Wish a lib or two could post this judiciously so I could at least evaluate opposing viewpoints rather than the usual Trump's a dick, you're a liar, da russians, suck Putin's balls, etc.
    heil trump brother aloysious
    is on twitter @realtsuke

https://tsukesthoughts.wordpress.com/

8. #157 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,870 Times in 21,642 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,675 Times in 5,179 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by noise View Post
    it says "minimal corroboration" how can anyone swear to the veracity of the Steele dossier if it's not corroborated
    ( verified?) ,It has nothing to do with Trump voters, it has to do with a FISA application filed on false grounds
    ( The Isakoff article claiming it was separate evidence, from Steele who was "desperate to stop Trump"
    - his words.)

You know how Trump said his voters would forgive him if he shot someone on 5th avenue?
    You swill a lot of the Dem kool aid yourself
    What are the false grounds?

9. #158 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

What are the false grounds?
    Will you address my concerns?

10. #159 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,756 Times in 16,563 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,622 Times in 1,532 Posts

Will you address my concerns?
    I just told you..Presentation of the Ishakoff article as separately gotten evidence, when in fact Steele gave the info to Ishkoff -Steele was shopping the dossier around to various media .
    Then there are lies of omission. The Grassley letter is a criminal referral

11. #160 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,318 Times in 2,772 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 215 Times in 209 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by noise View Post
    I just told you..Presentation of the Ishakoff article as separately gotten evidence, when in fact Steele gave the info to Ishkoff -Steele was shopping the dossier around to various media .
    Then there are lies of omission. The Grassley letter is a criminal referral

What's a criminal referral, any idea?

12. #161 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,101 Times in 21,165 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,307 Times in 1,235 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Thing1 View Post
    That chart is purposefully misleading about the impetus for the investigation. Just like the memo.
    Really?

What was the impetus for the investigation?

Or should I say ‘what is today’s impetus’ lol?
    Coup has started. First of many steps. Impeachment will follow ultimately~WB attorney Mark Zaid, January 2017

13. #162 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,388 Times in 7,999 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 809 Times in 761 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Omar View Post
    Really?

What was the impetus for the investigation?

Or should I say ‘what is today’s impetus’ lol?
    Maybe you should have kept reading before posting?

I encourage you & everyone to start thinking independently. The creation of "alternate realities" is at its peak for the country - one man's ego is changing the paradigm in terms of truth and lies.

14. #163 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,101 Times in 21,165 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,307 Times in 1,235 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Thing1 View Post
    Maybe you should have kept reading before posting?

I encourage you & everyone to start thinking independently. The creation of "alternate realities" is at its peak for the country - one man's ego is changing the paradigm in terms of truth and lies.
    Says he who consistently parrots the media line lol.

I remember when the Dossier first broke in 2016. It was a BIG DEAL then and now the left is poo-pooing it.
    Coup has started. First of many steps. Impeachment will follow ultimately~WB attorney Mark Zaid, January 2017

15. #164 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

No constitutional rights violated.

No basis for doubting the veracity of the memo.

16. #165 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,579 Times in 15,814 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,951 Times in 1,862 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tranquillus in Exile View Post
    What's a criminal referral, any idea?
    It's on Steele so far, but the IG report will probably show more