Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Why do conservatives think moderates are liberal and liberals think

1. #31 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,931 Times in 5,908 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 444 Times in 424 Posts
    Blog Entries

Conservatives learned the difference, donkeys, like always, base thinks on hoiw they feel.
    "Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the vote decide everything." Joseph Stalin
    The USA has lost WWIV to China with no other weapons but China Virus and some cash to buy democrats.

2. #32 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,177 Times in 991 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 313 Times in 276 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mason View Post
    One thing Conservatives and Liberals have in common,they have no patience for moderates.
    At least moderates respect the office of the president. Democrats have know clue what loyalty is. The last time they were this disloyal to the office of the president was when they were hippies in the 70s. It was more understandable back then because they were stoned and confused.

3. #33 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,608 Times in 9,279 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,405 Times in 1,371 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by hvilleherb View Post
    At least moderates respect the office of the president. Democrats have know clue what loyalty is. The last time they were this disloyal to the office of the president was when they were hippies in the 70s. It was more understandable back then because they were stoned and confused.
    Assumption filled revised history.

4. #34 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,010 Times in 8,569 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 498 Times in 487 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DonaldvoTrumpovich View Post
    Okay, this is the last time I'm going to try to explain it to you. It's not about sides. It's about individual issues. If you think that's wishy washy, then you don't know the meaning of the phrase.
    It's no surprise you always vote for what the right wing tells you to. You obviously can't think for yourself so others have to do it for you.

Sad.

You just proved my point. You think someone voting the same way each time means they didn't take into account all sides.

If you vote one way one time and another way the next, it's wishy washy. As for the definition, it means lacking in character. Someone you can't count on because you don't know which way the wind is blowing for them on an issue is someone that lacks character. Unlike the fence riders, people can count on me because they know where I stand. If you're one of those that may go this way OR that way, you can't be counted on for anything but knowing you can't be counted on.

5. #35 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 16 Times in 16 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CFM View Post
    A moderate can't make up their mind on WHAT they believe. If they go one way this time and another way the next time, that's wishy washy. Look it up.
    It's called not blindly following party line.
    “I was not born to be forced. I will breathe after my own fashion. Let us see who is the strongest.” - Henry David Thoreau

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TrippyHippy For This Post:

Joe Capitalist (02-05-2018), ThatOwlWoman (02-05-2018)

7. #36 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by TrippyHippy View Post
    It's called not blindly following party line.
    It's called not being able to be counted on when you're needed.

I don't tow the party line. I vote based on my convictions. You confuse that with your incorrect statement. I wouldn't expect a wishy washy person to understand what it meant to have convictions since you live by flying by the seat of your pants.

8. #37 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

It's called not being able to be counted on when you're needed.

I don't tow the party line. I vote based on my convictions. You confuse that with your incorrect statement. I wouldn't expect a wishy washy person to understand what it meant to have convictions since you live by flying by the seat of your pants.
    I vote based on my convictions too. However, my convictions are not always neatly put into a partisan box. It's not wishy washy to agree with one party on some things and another party on others.
    “I was not born to be forced. I will breathe after my own fashion. Let us see who is the strongest.” - Henry David Thoreau

9. The Following User Says Thank You to TrippyHippy For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (02-05-2018)

10. #38 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I vote based on my convictions too. However, my convictions are not always neatly put into a partisan box. It's not wishy washy to agree with one party on some things and another party on others.
    I thought you said you supported the issues not the party? Guess that was a lie to and just another example of what make you wishy washy.

Mine are in a partisan box. They would be if I didn't look at where each side stood but that isn't the case.

11. #39 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I thought you said you supported the issues not the party? Guess that was a lie to and just another example of what make you wishy washy.
    I do support the issues rather than the party. That's my whole point. Sometimes I happen to line up with Republicans, sometimes I happen to line up with Democrats, sometimes I happen to line up with Libertarians. Sometimes I disagree with all of them. My stance on the issues, although largely unchanging, are completely independent of any party platform.

Mine are in a partisan box.
    Yea, believe me I know.

Keep waving the flag and pretend you have convictions, rather than just team spirit.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TrippyHippy For This Post:

Joe Capitalist (02-05-2018), ThatOwlWoman (02-05-2018)

13. #40 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I do support the issues rather than the party. That's my whole point. Sometimes I happen to line up with Republicans, sometimes I happen to line up with Democrats, sometimes I happen to line up with Libertarians. Sometimes I disagree with all of them. My stance on the issues, although largely unchanging, are completely independent of any party platform.

Yea, believe me I know.

Keep waving the flag and pretend you have convictions, rather than just team spirit.
    In other words, you don't have any fundamental beliefs just go with the wind.

Keep pretending you're anything but wishy washy. What you do is like mixing oil and water.

14. #41 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,786 Times in 32,152 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,865 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DonaldvoTrumpovich View Post
    Moderates are conservatives?
    from your vantage point EVERYONE looks more conservative.......

15. #42 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,456 Times in 2,386 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 941 Times in 861 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by hvilleherb View Post
    Anyone who pretends 'loyalty' to this subnormal idiot id just a pervert. let's face it.

16. #43 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 82,529 Times in 52,746 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,657 Times in 4,376 Posts
    Blog Entries

Exactly. There is no one size fits all party. Only sheeple march in lock step with a single party.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to ThatOwlWoman For This Post:

TrippyHippy (02-05-2018)

18. #44 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,174 Times in 5,911 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 593 Times in 557 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post
    Exactly. There is no one size fits all party. Only sheeple march in lock step with a single party.
    CFM is just trying to justify his blind allegiance to his party by calling others wishy washy. It's obvious by his comment "It's called not being able to be counted on when you're needed". He wants to be "needed". The right has convinced him that they "need" him to "save America". He doesn't vote on the issues. he votes on the big letter in parentheses after a candidate's name.
    Hopefully, one day he'll realize how irrational this thought process is.
    Last edited by Joe Capitalist; 02-05-2018 at 10:03 AM.
    Republican Congressman Ken Buck:
    “We’re at a time in American politics, that I am not going to lie on behalf of my presidential candidate, on behalf of my party. And I’m very sad that others in my party have taken the position that, as long as we get the White House, it doesn’t really matter what we say,”

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Joe Capitalist For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (02-05-2018), TrippyHippy (02-05-2018)

20. #45 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,174 Times in 5,911 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 593 Times in 557 Posts

You just proved my point. You think someone voting the same way each time means they didn't take into account all sides.

If you vote one way one time and another way the next, it's wishy washy. As for the definition, it means lacking in character. Someone you can't count on because you don't know which way the wind is blowing for them on an issue is someone that lacks character. Unlike the fence riders, people can count on me because they know where I stand. If you're one of those that may go this way OR that way, you can't be counted on for anything but knowing you can't be counted on.
    You obviously don't understand the meaning of "wishy washy" as it applies to this argument. You really think that someone who doesn't always vote for the same party is wishy washy? That's just stupid.

Let me ask you this. Would you vote for a liberal republican over a conservative democrat? Let's see if you have the b@!!$ to answer that. I'm betting you don't.
    Republican Congressman Ken Buck:
    “We’re at a time in American politics, that I am not going to lie on behalf of my presidential candidate, on behalf of my party. And I’m very sad that others in my party have taken the position that, as long as we get the White House, it doesn’t really matter what we say,”