Thread: Boston - illegal immigrant heaven

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,435 Times in 2,073 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 172 Times in 170 Posts

Default Boston - illegal immigrant heaven

YEP - SHE'S A DEMOCRAT

She was only selling illegal immigrant heroin dealers the driver’s licenses that Americans could no longer be bothered selling.

So why are the feds packing a thieving Dominican named Evelyn Medina off to Club Fed for 15 months?

Don’t they understand that, as her lawyer put it in Medina’s sentencing memo, by selling driver’s licenses to foreign drug dealers, she was merely “providing people like herself who were looking for a new life outside their country a quick and easy ‘route’ of entry in the United States.”

A route, specifically, to the welfare office, where they could join others in unlawfully accessing EBT cards, TANF, Section 8 housing, Obamaphones, WIC, MassHealth, etc.

The Registry of Motor Vehicles is to illegal immigrants what the Pearly Gates are to heaven. Once you get through, you never have to work again.

Which was why Medina was part of an organized crew operating out of the Registry in downtown Boston, selling fake driver’s licenses and state IDs to illegal immigrants flush with cash from, well, you know where they get it from.

Last month an illegal immigrant from the Dominican Republic was sentenced to two years in prison for masterminding the scheme. And this week, Medina, a hack clerk at the Haymarket RMV, got her 15 months in the slammer, but not before her attorney filed a 10-page sob story about her life and hard times in the People’s Republic of Massachusetts.

Now 56, Medina and her family arrived from the DR and landed in a non-working-class neighborhood in Boston in 1977.

“Although Ms. Medina had not yet the language of her new home, she quickly assimilated.

“While she was in high school, she began dating Jose Rosa and from that relationship, her first daughter, Emely, was born.”

Sadly, marriage to Jose was not in the cards — EBT cards, that is.

“Approximately nine (9) years after the birth of Emely, her second daughter, Lismany, was born.”

Medina’s lawyer is Brad Bailey, the former Republican high sheriff of Middlesex County. I called him yesterday and asked if she’d come over illegally, and he said no. I asked him if she’d ever been on the dole and he declined to answer.

According to the feds’ press release, in return for payoffs, Medina and a number of other RMV clerks who have also pleaded guilty were providing licenses for “illegal aliens, individuals who were previously deported, and an individual who admitted to previously facing drug charges.”

But she only received “limited ‘compensation,’ ” as Bailey put it.

“Ms. Medina received between $300 and $500 for each of the identification documents she helped procure, which the government alleges totals at least 15. As such, it cannot be said that Ms. Medina was solely motivated by greed or personal enrichment.”

No, she was just trying to help her fellow foreign deadbeats get a leg up.

“Ms. Medina earned a meager $2,400-a-month salary while employed at the RMV.”

Still, at least behind it was going to come the kiss in the mail. But now “those retirement benefits will almost certainly be forfeited. Because of the manner through which she lost her job, unemployment compensation is also unlikely.”

Sad, says Bailey, because except for her crime spree at the Registry, this proud DEMOCRAT has “otherwise lived a laudable life which would give hope to any immigrant coming to this country.”

http://www.bostonherald.com/news/columnists/howie_carr/2018/01/carr_rmv_the_pearly_gates_for_illegal_immigrants

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

As the government shutdown entered its third day, the debate around immigration has intensified between President Donald Trump, DEMOCRATS and Republicans. While the current debate has largely focused on undocumented immigrants from Mexico brought to the United States as children, Irish immigrants, too, have become increasingly fearful of being deported by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement.

While President Trump and U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement worked to deport foreign nationals from Mexico, deportations from non-Central American countries went up by about 24 percent last year.

"It's really indiscriminate. ICE, in their aggressive tactics of detention, are going after the Irish as much as they're going after any other nationality," Ronnie Millar, director of the Irish International Immigrant Center in Boston, told NPR for a report Monday. In Boston's Irish community, the wave of arrests by ICE agents has increased fears among those living there illegally.

One Boston bartender told the news station that the Trump administration's immigration crackdown was making customers wary. "It makes everyday life more difficult. For a simple traffic stop they can be deported," he said.

ICE deported just 34 Irish immigrants in 2017, compared to the128,765 from Mexico removed from the U.S. But in a smaller, close-knit community of an estimated 50,000 undocumented Irish immigrants, the impact is still keenly felt.

Illegal Irish immigrant Dylan O'Riordan, 19, is currently in prison at Suffolk County House of Corrections in Boston. He was brought to the United States as a child in 2010 at the age of 12 and overstayed a visitor visa.

"I was aware how with Trump immigration was going to get a lot harder, but I didn't pay as much mind to it as I should have, which was my first mistake," O'Riordan told NPR.

During the 2017 fiscal year, ICE reported that it made 61,094 removals compared to 44,512 in the previous year. On Saturday, the Trump campaign released an ad that expressed its vigor to stop undocumented immigration and to build a wall along the United States-Mexico border. The ad claimed Democrats were "complicit" in every murder committed by illegal immigrants.

Homeland Security Secretary Kirstjen Nielsen said that should DACA end, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security would not prioritize deporting "dreamers."

"It's not going to be a priority of the Immigration and Customs Enforcement to prioritize their removal. I’ve said that before. That's not the policy of DHS," Nielsen told CBS This Morning.

http://www.newsweek.com/trump-irish-immigrants-ice-undocumented-787007

3. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,245 Times in 13,970 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,056 Times in 2,851 Posts

Don't seem to be holding Boston back, still one of America's most popular and iconic cities

4. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by anchovies View Post
    Don't seem to be holding Boston back, still one of America's most popular and iconic cities
    Let the record show that DEMOCRAT anchovies is OK with crime as long as the city is "popular and iconic".

5. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,256 Times in 960 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 137 Times in 127 Posts
    Blog Entries

America, a nation of laws? Not if Democrats have their way.
    TRUMP! TRUMP! TRUMP! TRUMP! TRUMP! TRUMP! TRUMP!

6. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by God bless America View Post
    Let the record show that DEMOCRAT anchovies is OK with crime as long as the city is "popular and iconic".
    Nah, it's only some country bunkin from the Midwest who loses sleep over Southies without citizenship

7. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Nah, it's only some country bunkin from the Midwest who loses sleep over Southies without citizenship
    Since the federal authorities rounding up the illegals are presumably not Midwesterners, how do you explain your theory, anchovies?

I'll understand if you can't.

8. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Since the federal authorities rounding up the illegals are presumably not Midwesterners, how do you explain your theory, anchovies?

Cause your the only one worrying about "Boston illegal immigrant heaven"

9. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Cause your the only one worrying about "Boston illegal immigrant heaven"
    I don't recall expressing any anxiety, anchovies. Neither am I a Midwesterner.

I told you I'd understand if you couldn't explain, and I do.

BTW,

10. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I don't recall expressing any anxiety, anchovies. Neither am I a Midwesterner.

I told you I'd understand if you couldn't explain, and I do.
    You kidding, you went out of your way to post it, and Midwesterner or Southerner, what's the difference

11. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by archives View Post
    You kidding, you went out of your way to post it, and Midwesterner or Southerner, what's the difference
    Hilarious. You don't know the difference between "your" and "you're", anchovies. That speaks volumes.

The facts are that I have reported no sleeplessness over illegal aliens, and you have no idea where I'm from - not that it matters, anyway.

Care to address the issue?

12. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Hilarious. You don't know the difference between "your" and "you're", anchovies. That speaks volumes.

The facts are that I have reported no sleeplessness over illegal aliens, and you have no idea where I'm from - not that it matters, anyway.

Care to address the issue?

Nor do I care, and you must think it is important, you took the time to go out of your way to post about situations in Boston, and I don't care where you are from either, but I can tell you where you sound like your from

13. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Nor do I care, and you must think it is important, you took the time to go out of your way to post about situations in Boston, and I don't care where you are from either, but I can tell you where you sound like your from
    I told you I'd understand if you proved incapable of discussing the issue, anchovies, and I do.

14. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I told you I'd understand if you proved incapable of discussing the issue, anchovies, and I do.
    Oh darn, emoji is giving up, got to love the "I told you I'd understand .......... issue," difficulty is he never introduced an issue, well, other than him being concerned about what's happening in Boston

You better stick with the banned post full of copy and paste pictorials

15. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Oh darn, emoji is giving up, got to love the "I told you I'd understand .......... issue," difficulty is he never introduced an issue, well, other than him being concerned about what's happening in Boston You better stick with the banned post full of copy and paste pictorials
    I don't suppose that taking advice from someone of your demonstrably meager intellectual abilities would be beneficial, anchovies.

Will you ever learn to use "your" and "you're" properly in a sentence?

Will you ever manage to eschew your reliance on fallacious conclusions?

I'll understand if the answer to both queries is negative, anchovies.