Thread: Discussion: Questions World Economic Forum

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 0 Times in 0 Posts

Question Discussion: Questions World Economic Forum

As you probably know on Wednesday the World Economic Forum (WEF) takes places in Davos, Switzerland, Trump will also attend. I myself am a resident in Switzerland and have been scrolling through the WEF-discussion program. Amongst them are many questions I'm interested in and have thought about myself. I'd love to have a different point of view/ insight! All answers highly appreciated!

1) Are the overheated markets headed towards another financial crisis?
    2) Could 2018 Be the Year of the Next Financial Crisis?
    3) Is the rise of today’s technology giants a good thing for the global economy and consumers?
    5)With international tensions on the rise, how compromised is our collective ability to address the critical challenges we face?
    6)How can democracies be protected against the implications of a digitized world?
    7)Can the values of the Enlightenment re-inspire a world increasingly driven by dark headlines and ideological divides?
    8) What can the world expect from the "America First" foreign policy doctrine?
    9) Can leaders win the public trust needed to create a shared future?
    10) how can new technologies and partnerships help refugees on the move?
    11)How can we halt rising inequality and renew our commitment to future generations?
    12)As the nature of work rapidly changes, what future role will employment play in terms of community identity, personal livelihood and societal purpose?
    13) Worldwide, more than 320 million people suffer What can be done to stop rising rates of depression among young people and safeguard their mental health?
    14) What is needed to propel a sustainable and nutritious food revolution?
    15) How can State-leaders get over the political challenges to ensure a clean and affordable energy-future?
    16) Can the #MeToo movement have a lasting impact for women in a business environment?
    17) What behavioural shifts and social changes are most effective in fighting abuses of power and sexual harassment?

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,435 Times in 2,073 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 172 Times in 170 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bananamontana View Post
    As you probably know on Wednesday the World Economic Forum (WEF) takes places in Davos, Switzerland, Trump will also attend. I myself am a resident in Switzerland and have been scrolling through the WEF-discussion program. Amongst them are many questions I'm interested in and have thought about myself. I'd love to have a different point of view/ insight! All answers highly appreciated!

1) Are the overheated markets headed towards another financial crisis?

Undoubtedly.

2) Could 2018 Be the Year of the Next Financial Crisis?

It's possible.

3) Is the rise of today’s technology giants a good thing for the global economy and consumers?

Good for some; not good for others.

5)With international tensions on the rise, how compromised is our collective ability to address the critical challenges we face?

Mankind has never had a collective ability to address challenges. I see no reason to expect otherwise.

6)How can democracies be protected against the implications of a digitized world?

They cannot. Nor can nations with other forms of government.

7)Can the values of the Enlightenment re-inspire a world increasingly driven by dark headlines and ideological divides?

No.

8) What can the world expect from the "America First" foreign policy doctrine?

That depends on the success of the doctrine.

9) Can leaders win the public trust needed to create a shared future?

No.

10) how can new technologies and partnerships help refugees on the move?

They cannot.

11)How can we halt rising inequality and renew our commitment to future generations?

We can't. I am unaware of any previous universal commitments to "future generations" related to inequality.

12)As the nature of work rapidly changes, what future role will employment play in terms of community identity, personal livelihood and societal purpose?

A diminishing one.

13) Worldwide, more than 320 million people suffer What can be done to stop rising rates of depression among young people and safeguard their mental health?

Ending all suffering and and allaying youthful angst are not achievable goals.

14) What is needed to propel a sustainable and nutritious food revolution?

Universal acceptance of those goals and universal submission to a defined standard of sustainability and nutrition.

15) How can State-leaders get over the political challenges to ensure a clean and affordable energy-future?

They cannot.

16) Can the #MeToo movement have a lasting impact for women in a business environment?

No.

17) What behavioral shifts and social changes are most effective in fighting abuses of power and sexual harassment?

There are none.

3. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,477 Times in 22,782 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,245 Times in 2,985 Posts
    Blog Entries

1) Are the overheated markets headed towards another financial crisis? Perhaps; but then we have to define what "overheated" actually means.
    2) Could 2018 Be the Year of the Next Financial Crisis? Doubtful because America just lowered the tax rate on corporations and individuals which will create many more opportunities.
    3) Is the rise of today’s technology giants a good thing for the global economy and consumers? Why would it be bad?
    5)With international tensions on the rise, how compromised is our collective ability to address the critical challenges we face? The UN has been "compromised" for decades and incapable of dealing with anything. If not for the money and might of America, this body would be relegated to the trash heap of history.
    6)How can democracies be protected against the implications of a digitized world? How does digitizing threaten Democracy?
    7)Can the values of the Enlightenment re-inspire a world increasingly driven by dark headlines and ideological divides? What inspires is liberty and freedom. Until the progressive world gets it, there can be no enlightenment.
    8) What can the world expect from the "America First" foreign policy doctrine? More than it could from a Europe or Asia first doctrine.
    9) Can leaders win the public trust needed to create a shared future? Only if they stop being lying liberal assholes.
    10) how can new technologies and partnerships help refugees on the move? Refugees can only help themselves by NOT running and demanding liberty and freedom from the despots that cause them to flee.
    11)How can we halt rising inequality and renew our commitment to future generations? The inequality meme is moronic from the start. NOTHING on the planet is about being equal. What we can do for future gererations is try to actually educate them instead of indoctrinating them through PC leftists fantasies like inequality.
    12)As the nature of work rapidly changes, what future role will employment play in terms of community identity, personal livelihood and societal purpose? Employment is the only way to achieve prosperity. If we remove the yoke of leftist progressive and anti-corporate policies, more will have the chance they certainly will not under Marxist ideologies.
    13) Worldwide, more than 320 million people suffer What can be done to stop rising rates of depression among young people and safeguard their mental health?This is nothing more than a FAKE statistic. But the best way to ensure good health and end suffering is to stop kowtowing to despots and despotic regimes that threaten global peace.
    14) What is needed to propel a sustainable and nutritious food revolution? See above.
    15) How can State-leaders get over the political challenges to ensure a clean and affordable energy-future? By recognizing the LIE that is man caused global warming and end their reliance on ancient technologies like wind and solar.
    16) Can the #MeToo movement have a lasting impact for women in a business environment? No; it can only serve to destroy what few gains women have achieved in the workplace.
    17) What behavioural shifts and social changes are most effective in fighting abuses of power and sexual harassment? Stop pretending that it doesn't exist and report TRUE cases when they occur. Waiting a decade or more to whine about it just isn't going to look very convincing.
    My answers in RED.
    "When government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."

A lie doesn't become the truth, wrong doesn't become right, and evil doesn't become good just because it is accepted by a majority.
    Author: Booker T. Washington

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Unless you just can't stand the idea of "ni**ers" teaching white kids.

Quote Originally Posted by AProudLefty View Post
    Address the topic, not other posters.

4. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,240 Times in 13,965 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,054 Times in 2,849 Posts

First off, if the topic poster is for real, your asking too much in one post, each item could be viewed separately, I think you will pick that up by reading the responses

Secondly, got to laugh at the two responses generated, the "truth guy" and emoji actually disagreed on twelve out of the seventeen questions, they are not going like that in the Red Hat Club, although the "truth guy" just regurgitated talk radio responses, got to love his answer to number seven, he has no clue on what was the Enlightenment but he didn't let that stop him

5. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 3 Times in 3 Posts

1) Are the overheated markets headed towards another financial crisis? NO
    2) Could 2018 Be the Year of the Next Financial Crisis? NO
    3) Is the rise of today’s technology giants a good thing for the global economy and consumers? YES
    5)With international tensions on the rise, how compromised is our collective ability to address the critical challenges we face? Simple. We can not compromise on the major issues the world faces.
    6)How can democracies be protected against the implications of a digitized world? Are we talking about facebook? Digital currency? Or illegal downloading of content?
    7)Can the values of the Enlightenment re-inspire a world increasingly driven by dark headlines and ideological divides? Highly Doubtful.
    8) What can the world expect from the "America First" foreign policy doctrine? What can we expect or what should we expect? ZERO TOLERANCE
    9) Can leaders win the public trust needed to create a shared future? LMFAO, maybe if we had more leaders like President Trump
    10) how can new technologies and partnerships help refugees on the move? Chip 'em
    11)How can we halt rising inequality and renew our commitment to future generations? You can't under Capitalism. But those that are less fortunate should get off their ass and work harder
    12)As the nature of work rapidly changes, what future role will employment play in terms of community identity, personal livelihood and societal purpose? Can I phone a friend on this one?
    13) Worldwide, more than 320 million people suffer What can be done to stop rising rates of depression among young people and safeguard their mental health? It is not the USA's problem, our problem is our own people
    14) What is needed to propel a sustainable and nutritious food revolution? This is a real issue and unfortunately the world will not be able to sustain itself eventually. Maybe let the undesirables die off.
    15) How can State-leaders get over the political challenges to ensure a clean and affordable energy-future? This shit should have been worked harder on years ago and everyone would own an electric car and have solar panels on their house by now. our leaders got their pockets lined by the energy companies.
    17) What behavioural shifts and social changes are most effective in fighting abuses of power and sexual harassment? Women need to get over innocent flirting. You don't hear men crying sexual harassment if they get winked at.

6. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by archcriesalot View Post
    First off, if the topic poster is for real, your asking too much in one post, each item could be viewed separately, I think you will pick that up by reading the responses

Secondly, got to laugh at the two responses generated, the "truth guy" and emoji actually disagreed on twelve out of the seventeen questions, they are not going like that in the Red Hat Club, although the "truth guy" just regurgitated talk radio responses, got to love his answer to number seven, he has no clue on what was the Enlightenment but he didn't let that stop him
    Another candidate for moron of the month. Dunce.
    "When government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."

A lie doesn't become the truth, wrong doesn't become right, and evil doesn't become good just because it is accepted by a majority.

7. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,240 Times in 13,965 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,054 Times in 2,849 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    Another candidate for moron of the month. Dunce.
    There it is again, just more proof, the guy can't rebuttal except with the personal crapola, funny, guess nothing from nothing leaves ..........

8. The Following User Says Thank You to archives For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (01-22-2018)

9. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by archcriesalot View Post
    There it is again, just more proof, the guy can't rebuttal except with the personal crapola, funny, guess nothing from nothing leaves ..........
    There it is again, just more proof, the guy can't rebut anything except whine like a pathetic little jerk on steroids..........

10. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 83,401 Times in 53,278 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,661 Times in 4,380 Posts
    Blog Entries

17) What behavioural shifts and social changes are most effective in fighting abuses of power and sexual harassment?
    Just going to focus on two questions. As "archives" pointed out, the list of questions/topics is a bit much for this sort of discussion venue.

16) Yes, it can and it will. My last year in the corporate world was 2010; even then corporate policy came down hard against sexual harassment/abuse in the workplace, and was in writing in case there were any doubts. That being said, as long as men and women work in the same environment there will always be instances of mistaken intent and misunderstandings. Hopefully these will be dealt with by counseling with the employee(s) involved by company HR personnel.

17) Change begins in the home. Parents who teach their sons respect for women and for themselves, and ditto for their daughters, will be a potent force for change. When the family sees a newscast with a disgusting pig like the current POTUS bragging about grabbing pussies, kissing women w/o consent, and disrespecting people for their weight, appearance, disabilities, etc. and the parents speak out in a disparaging manner, kids get the message that this crap is unacceptable behavior.

Smoking and public drunkenness (esp. at work) are on the decline due to public shaming. It's a powerful weapon against bad behavior.