Thread: Schumer backs down

1. #106 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,737 Times in 14,332 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,387 Times in 1,305 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by blackascoal View Post
    Respectfully, I seriously disagree.

It could not be clearer that Trump and republicans have no intentions of saving the Dreamers. None.
    I get your angst. It's three weeks. When things cool down and three weeks passes, the pressure will be on the House. If McConnell backs out, if trump doesn't have any control over his Nazi base in the House, the govt. will shut down, and Republicans can't spin it again. Every day that passed, the country would blame Democrats more and more this time around.

The under educated, that is. As seen on this very board.

Right now, they have McConnell's back to the wall, with the country watching
    Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Althea For This Post:

blackascoal (01-22-2018), Phantasmal (01-22-2018)

3. #107 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,758 Times in 11,557 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 889 Times in 847 Posts

.. but he doesn't have the courage to say it.

Trump gets credit, his base applauds .. Schumer gets nothing, the democratic base hangs its collective heads.

Young Americans get deported to lands they have never known.

.. what a deal.
    I don't think the majority of everyday American Democrats are hard-core far-left ideologues. I think they are center-left.
    I believe some sensible, fiscally responsible and fair plan will be devised for the Dreamers. This is my hope anyway. One of my concerns is how to be fair to all the would be immigrants who have for years patiently been abiding by the rules of proper immigration to the U.S. and waiting for their turn.
    What was passed today had nothing to do with DACA, it was never supposed to. It was a spending bill.
    In the end both sides will get things they want and things they don't want. The solution needs to be what is in the best interest of American citizens...not the Republican Party, not the Democrat Party and not even the Dreamers. We shall see.
    Abortion rights dogma can obscure human reason & harden the human heart so much that the same person who feels
    empathy for animal suffering can lack compassion for unborn children who experience lethal violence and excruciating
    pain in abortion.

Unborn animals are protected in their nesting places, humans are not. To abort something is to end something
    which has begun. To abort life is to end it.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Stretch For This Post:

blackascoal (01-22-2018)

5. #108 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,294 Times in 8,007 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,132 Times in 1,059 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Althea View Post
    I get your angst. It's three weeks. When things cool down and three weeks passes, the pressure will be on the House. If McConnell backs out, if trump doesn't have any control over his Nazi base in the House, the govt. will shut down, and Republicans can't spin it again. Every day that passed, the country would blame Democrats more and more this time around.

The under educated, that is. As seen on this very board.

Right now, they have McConnell's back to the wall, with the country watching
    I wish I could share your optimism, but I don't.

Three weeks from now Trump and republicans aren't going to do anything but dance and blame democrats. They feel no pressure, no obligation to do anything but pander to their base.

Why would McConnell feel any pressure about a promise when he's felt no such pressure to date?

Republicans will stage some vote on immigration that won't pass and McConnell's promise is fulfilled.

Even if Trump were to sign legislation allowing Dreamers to stay while insisting on all manner of barricades to citizenship .. HE WINS and potential democratic control of Congress takes a huge nosedive.

We'll be right back to 2016 with millions of democratic voters sitting on their hands instead of going to the polls. Hispanic voters will learn that democrats cannot be trusted.

This is a disaster.
    AMERICAN HISTORY ITSELF IS A TESTAMENT TO THE STRENGTH AND RESILIENCE OF AFRICAN PEOPLE. WE, ALONG WITH THE COURGE AND SACRIFICES OF CONSCIOUS WHITE AMERICANS, LIKE VIOLA LIUZZO, EVERETT DIRKSEN, AND MANY OTHERS, HAVE FOUGHT AND DIED TOGETHER FOR OUR FREEDOM, AND FOR OUR SURVIVAL.

In America, rights are are not determined by what is just, fair, equitable, honest, nor by what Jesus would do. Rights are determined ONLY by what you can DEMAND.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to blackascoal For This Post:

canceled.2021.3 (01-22-2018)

7. #109 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,294 Times in 8,007 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,132 Times in 1,059 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Stretch View Post
    I don't think the majority of everyday American Democrats are hard-core far-left ideologues. I think they are center-left.
    I believe some sensible, fiscally responsible and fair plan will be devised for the Dreamers. This is my hope anyway. One of my concerns is how to be fair to all the would be immigrants who have for years patiently been abiding by the rules of proper immigration to the U.S. and waiting for their turn.
    What was passed today had nothing to do with DACA, it was never supposed to. It was a spending bill.
    In the end both sides will get things they want and things they don't want. The solution needs to be what is in the best interest of American citizens...not the Republican Party, not the Democrat Party and not even the Dreamers. We shall see.
    Indeed we shall see .. but I don't think it plays out as you envision.

I wish it did.
    AMERICAN HISTORY ITSELF IS A TESTAMENT TO THE STRENGTH AND RESILIENCE OF AFRICAN PEOPLE. WE, ALONG WITH THE COURGE AND SACRIFICES OF CONSCIOUS WHITE AMERICANS, LIKE VIOLA LIUZZO, EVERETT DIRKSEN, AND MANY OTHERS, HAVE FOUGHT AND DIED TOGETHER FOR OUR FREEDOM, AND FOR OUR SURVIVAL.

In America, rights are are not determined by what is just, fair, equitable, honest, nor by what Jesus would do. Rights are determined ONLY by what you can DEMAND.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to blackascoal For This Post:

Stretch (01-22-2018)

9. #110 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,240 Times in 2,333 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 161 Times in 150 Posts
    Blog Entries

Sorry .. but I'm fucking livid.

Today's Democratic Party ignores its liberal base. Obama scoffed at them, made jokes about liberals with Rahm Emanuel. Anyone who doesn't believe that .. there is proof, lots of it.

Instead of choosing a progressive plan for healthcare, Obama reached for a plan devised by the uber-conservative Heritage Foundation. Again, scoffed at progressives. There's proof.

Today, Chuck Schumer sold out the Dreamers after committing to 'fight' for them .. knowing that the progressive base of the party .. many of whom marched in the streets against the insanity of Trump .. would be calling for his head.

How is this progress?

How are democrats to be trusted in the midterm elections .. another by-product of Schumer's sellout.

I need a drink .. and I don't drink.
    So I take it you're voting GOP in the mid-terms?
    Relax, your precious dreamers are going to be just fine. Schumer doesn't even have a bill put together yet, and Trump said he would sign it as long as the wall was in there, along with an end to chain migration and that idiot lottery system. Sit back and relax, and probably by the end of March, you'll have 800k new democrats(actually a few million more if new information coming to light is correct)
    “The Communist party must control the guns.”
    ― Mao Tse-tung

“Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the vote decide everything.”-Generally attributed to Uncle Joe Stalin

“Everything under heaven is in utter choas; the situation is excellent.”
    ― mao tse-tung

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Callinectes For This Post:

J Craft (01-22-2018), Stretch (01-22-2018)

11. #111 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,028 Times in 3,012 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 234 Times in 225 Posts

Sorry .. but I'm fucking livid.

Today's Democratic Party ignores its liberal base. Obama scoffed at them, made jokes about liberals with Rahm Emanuel. Anyone who doesn't believe that .. there is proof, lots of it.

Instead of choosing a progressive plan for healthcare, Obama reached for a plan devised by the uber-conservative Heritage Foundation. Again, scoffed at progressives. There's proof.

Today, Chuck Schumer sold out the Dreamers after committing to 'fight' for them .. knowing that the progressive base of the party .. many of whom marched in the streets against the insanity of Trump .. would be calling for his head.

How is this progress?

How are democrats to be trusted in the midterm elections .. another by-product of Schumer's sellout.

I need a drink .. and I don't drink.
    My favorite post of 2018

I relish your pain and anguish

You got played and rolled

12. The Following User Says Thank You to canceled.2021.3 For This Post:

BRUTALITOPS (01-22-2018)

13. #112 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

.. but he doesn't have the courage to say it.

Trump gets credit, his base applauds .. Schumer gets nothing, the democratic base hangs its collective heads.

Young Americans get deported to lands they have never known.

.. what a deal.
    It’s a great deal. I fucking love it and find your tears nourishing.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to canceled.2021.3 For This Post:

BRUTALITOPS (01-22-2018)

15. #113 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by hvilleherb View Post
    And the wall shouldn't cost as much as the Democrats claim. Trump should be able to get a deal with cheap labor on the border.
    How awesome would it be to have the so called dreamers build the wall on their way out the door?

16. The Following User Says Thank You to canceled.2021.3 For This Post:

BRUTALITOPS (01-22-2018)

17. #114 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,235 Times in 10,345 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,490 Times in 1,337 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Virtue Signaler View Post
    Shutdown Schumer got rolled. He just blew his shut down wad. Can't do it again in 3 weeks.
    these dumbass democrats actually thought that they, the party of takers and handouts, could actually win a game of chicken vs. the people that actually do not like government and probably enjoyed it being shutdown the last couple of days. They aren't sending their best.

---

Quote Originally Posted by Mott the Hoople View Post
    Grind is basically right
    Quote Originally Posted by Phantasmal View Post
    Grind’s got you beat by miles. He is very intelligent.

18. #115 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bourbon View Post
    It't Impossible for Children with NO Free Will to Immigrate Legally or Illegally ... what are you talking about?

As a Child, did you have a say on where you lived?
    if my parents stole another kids bicycle when I was kid and they got caught, I wouldn't have been able to keep the bicycle just because I was a child. I don't get to benefit from my parents criminal illegal actions. They have to go back. out out out.

---

Grind is basically right

19. #116 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,435 Times in 2,073 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 172 Times in 170 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Royal Highness View Post
    if my parents stole another kids bicycle when I was kid and they got caught, I wouldn't have been able to keep the bicycle just because I was a child. I don't get to benefit from my parents criminal illegal actions. They have to go back. out out out.
    Preach it!

20. #117 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bourbon View Post
    What was Stolen from you ... how is a HUMAN BEING who has given all their information to The US Government under LAW, is a Law Abiding Individual, EDUCATED, Speaks the Language, Pays Taxes or is Serving or is in COLLEGE ... or Contributing to America in any other way.

HOW IS THIS INDIVIDUAL A THREAT TO YOU ... Personally?

Isn't that exactly what you want? I know plenty of Americans who aren't.

What exactly are YOU afraid of?
    more criminal aliens = more democrats, more taker programs, and more money going to criminal alien takers.

If welfare was abolished I truly would not care. But mexico is not sending their best. We are getting lots of bad hombres.

---

Grind is basically right

21. #118 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,435 Times in 2,073 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 172 Times in 170 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Royal Highness View Post
    more criminal aliens = more democrats, more taker programs, and more money going to criminal alien takers.

If welfare was abolished I truly would not care. But mexico is not sending their best. We are getting lots of bad hombres.
    https://www.justplainpolitics.com/sh...ts-in-the-news

22. #119 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,758 Times in 11,557 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 889 Times in 847 Posts

Indeed we shall see .. but I don't think it plays out as you envision.

I wish it did.
    Just watched this. Immigration hits black males the hardest. Just something to keep in mind.

Abortion rights dogma can obscure human reason & harden the human heart so much that the same person who feels
    empathy for animal suffering can lack compassion for unborn children who experience lethal violence and excruciating
    pain in abortion.

Unborn animals are protected in their nesting places, humans are not. To abort something is to end something
    which has begun. To abort life is to end it.

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stretch For This Post:

blackascoal (01-22-2018), J Craft (01-22-2018)

24. #120 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I wish I could share your optimism, but I don't.

Three weeks from now Trump and republicans aren't going to do anything but dance and blame democrats. They feel no pressure, no obligation to do anything but pander to their base.

Why would McConnell feel any pressure about a promise when he's felt no such pressure to date?

Republicans will stage some vote on immigration that won't pass and McConnell's promise is fulfilled.

Even if Trump were to sign legislation allowing Dreamers to stay while insisting on all manner of barricades to citizenship .. HE WINS and potential democratic control of Congress takes a huge nosedive.

We'll be right back to 2016 with millions of democratic voters sitting on their hands instead of going to the polls. Hispanic voters will learn that democrats cannot be trusted.

This is a disaster.
    remember how I've told you many times you shouldn't count your chickens before they've hatched?

I hope you've learned a valuable lesson today.

---

Grind is basically right