Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New reason to believe the GOP can hold the House.

1. #31 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,758 Times in 4,508 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 185 Times in 181 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by evince View Post
    anyone who honestly looks at the trajectory of the economy under Obama can clearly sees this year continues a pattern
    Very true---it is a continued recovery from the recession. The current president gets credit for a good economy just as Obama got credit when he was in office. Neither Obama or Trump had much to do with economic recovery. Any credit goes to the Federal Reserve and capitalism.

2. #32 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,835 Times in 8,249 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,899 Times in 5,299 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by noise View Post
    did you not read the OP? Many Americans believe Fake News they aren't going to get a tax cut
    and there are still those who choose not to see the GDP growth is due to Trump's deregulation

and yes Trump steps on his own messages with his tweets-no question that keeps down his popularity..

But you can forget about a "wave" -it's not going to happen despite all the previous talk.
    I think history and the retirements put the House at risk -but the Senate will stay Repub.
    This is basic orthodox electoral politics, no matter the cries from fakes news it's not

and for all the NOISE about Blue Waves?..., that's as bogus as was Hillary's Blue Wall
    No way you keep either.The Senate is already lost, fool..
    It is the responsibility of every American citizen to own a modern military rifle.

3. #33 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,758 Times in 11,557 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 889 Times in 847 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Omar View Post
    And in February tens of millions of voters start seeing an increase in their take home pay. I’m looking forward to that myself lol.

But I’m not tired of winning yet. Let’s keep this thing going.
    Standing his ground against the swamp and the Dems doesn't hurt either.
    Abortion rights dogma can obscure human reason & harden the human heart so much that the same person who feels
    empathy for animal suffering can lack compassion for unborn children who experience lethal violence and excruciating
    pain in abortion.

Unborn animals are protected in their nesting places, humans are not. To abort something is to end something
    which has begun. To abort life is to end it.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stretch For This Post:

Darth Omar (01-22-2018), dukkha (01-22-2018)

5. #34 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,756 Times in 16,563 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,622 Times in 1,532 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Flash View Post
    Very true---it is a continued recovery from the recession. The current president gets credit for a good economy just as Obama got credit when he was in office. Neither Obama or Trump had much to do with economic recovery. Any credit goes to the Federal Reserve and capitalism.
    fer sure Obama gets credit for the recovery. I remember many calls for austerity ( cutting spending)-which wold have driven the recession deeper.

But you got to separately give Trump credit for de-regulation..the stock market is up 40% (!) since the election.
    Tax reform should keep it going, even if we drop back down to 2%+ GDP growth.

The 1-2% annual growth under Obama is over.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to dukkha For This Post:

Stretch (01-22-2018)

7. #35 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,028 Times in 3,012 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 234 Times in 225 Posts

Odds stand today that the GOP loses the house, based on history.

However, the democrat party would be mistaken to take away from that that the country now loves them again and wants to tilt leftward.

I have watched this play out in a very stark way since 2000. The American people have given both parties a lock on power many times over the last decade and a half. First the GOP, then the democrats and now back to the GOP.

Anyone who tries to make ideological conclusions based on these results is living in a fantasy world.

My sense is that voters of the party in power get complacent and the opposition party gets fired up.

If I had to predict based on what I know today, in 2018 the GOP loses the House, keeps the Senate and Trump (if he runs) wins reelection in 2020. However I will qualify that this prediction is subject to change based on future events that will unfold and are yet unknown.