Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I voted for Donald Trump. Now I wish I hadn't.

1. #16 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,028 Times in 3,012 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 234 Times in 225 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post
    You have a lot of passion in your post but you leave out all the reasons people disliked Hillary and she and Trump were the two most disliked presidential candidates since polling started. Hillary was/is crooked. Colin Kapernick said she should be in jail. Ultimately last year should have been the year for people to vote third party but instead they hated both candidates and picked one. I would argue anyone who voted for Trump or Hillary is a bitch but ultimately I don't think that's fair to anyone
    Can you outline which of Trumps implemented policies you oppose?

Cessation of DACA?
    Enforcement of immigration laws?
    Judicial appointments?
    Tax cuts?
    Did you want us to stay in Paris Accords?
    Drilling in ANWR?
    Elimination of individual mandate?
    Eliminating regulations?
    Slowing pace of NEW regulations?

What exactly offends your “classical liberal”, “Reagan conservative” principles?

2. #17 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,324 Times in 2,774 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 215 Times in 209 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post
    No, bitch ...
    TOW, if you read the original article you will see that Sherri Underwood is an invalid who says she voted for Trump because he promised to replace Obamacare with something better (unspecified). You may think she was foolish to believe that.

I think she was foolish not to see through that POS from the start, but I wouldn't call her a bitch for that.

3. #18 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,386 Times in 14,102 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 649 Times in 616 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by countryboy View Post
    Vox? Dismissed out of hand.
    Why so?

4. #19 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,307 Times in 10,500 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,917 Times in 4,233 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PraiseKek View Post
    What a fucking liar she didn't just vote for Clinton she campaigned for her:

Underwood also campaigned for Hillary Clinton in the 2016 election "because we have to protect the legacy of President Obama. Low voter turnout benefits Donald Trump and the Republicans. He can’t win.”[14]

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sheryl_Underwood

Thanks for playing you fake news spouting faggot.
    Oops. You can't even get the person correct, you fucking moron.

How fucking pathetic is that?

HAHAHAHAHAHA

5. The Following User Says Thank You to domer76 For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (01-21-2018)

6. #20 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,307 Times in 10,500 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,917 Times in 4,233 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PraiseKek View Post
    No I don't.
    Yeah you do, dumbshit. But go on. Continue to humiliate yourself.

7. #21 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 83,391 Times in 53,272 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,661 Times in 4,380 Posts
    Blog Entries

You have a lot of passion in your post but you leave out all the reasons people disliked Hillary and she and Trump were the two most disliked presidential candidates since polling started. Hillary was/is crooked. Colin Kapernick said she should be in jail. Ultimately last year should have been the year for people to vote third party but instead they hated both candidates and picked one. I would argue anyone who voted for Trump or Hillary is a bitch but ultimately I don't think that's fair to anyone
    I didn't care for Hillary as I was and am for Bernie. I ended up voting for Clinton. That being said, all that bullshit about her being "crooked" and "criminal" and so on is just RW propaganda. We taxpayers spent literally millions -- MILLIONS -- of dollars investigating both Clintons and the worst that was found was a BJ in the WH. Trump is far, far worse when it comes to lying, cheating, swindling, hoodwinking, conning, and going bankrupt. He won only because the tards believed the lies about Clinton and pretended that Trump wasn't a piece of pond scum.

You're right; neither are particularly likeable, but one would have made a far better POTUS than the turd we got stuck with.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to ThatOwlWoman For This Post:

Cypress (01-21-2018)

9. #22 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I didn't care for Hillary as I was and am for Bernie. I ended up voting for Clinton. That being said, all that bullshit about her being "crooked" and "criminal" and so on is just RW propaganda. We taxpayers spent literally millions -- MILLIONS -- of dollars investigating both Clintons and the worst that was found was a BJ in the WH. Trump is far, far worse when it comes to lying, cheating, swindling, hoodwinking, conning, and going bankrupt. He won only because the tards believed the lies about Clinton and pretended that Trump wasn't a piece of pond scum.

You're right; neither are particularly likeable, but one would have made a far better POTUS than the turd we got stuck with.
    Ultimately Gary Johnson would have been better than either. Now granted he has his faults but look at his positions and there is no one who would have both sides agree more. From my position people on both sides are afraid and want the status quo then complain at each other. But this is what y'all wanted. And if you were willing to go Bernie why not Gary?

10. The Following User Says Thank You to cawacko For This Post:

Cancel 2018.1 (01-22-2018)

11. #23 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,324 Times in 2,774 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 215 Times in 209 Posts

Decades of relentless RW propaganda paid off - they got Trump. Now they have to pretend to like it. Lol.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Tranquillus in Exile For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (01-21-2018)

13. #24 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,028 Times in 3,012 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 234 Times in 225 Posts

Ultimately Gary Johnson would have been better than either. Now granted he has his faults but look at his positions and there is no one who would have both sides agree more. From my position people on both sides are afraid and want the status quo then complain at each other. But this is what y'all wanted. And if you were willing to go Bernie why not Gary?
    Can you outline which of Trumps implemented policies you oppose?

Cessation of DACA?
    Enforcement of immigration laws?
    Judicial appointments?
    Tax cuts?
    Did you want us to stay in Paris Accords?
    Drilling in ANWR?
    Elimination of individual mandate?
    Eliminating regulations?
    Slowing pace of NEW regulations?

What exactly offends your “classical liberal”, “Reagan conservative” principles?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

14. #25 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

This is neither here nor there nor is it a gotcha question but what did you think when Colin said Hillary would be in jail if she was a regular person

15. #26 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

This is neither here nor there nor is it a gotcha question but what did you think when Colin said Hillary would be in jail if she was a regular person
    He's got an asshole and he's got an opinion, same as me. I don't really give either one of his much regard. If she needs to be accused of some illegality the tards think she committed, then that's why we have prosecuting attorneys and courts. Since none of those seem to feel she's even indictable his opinion is worth about as much as his butthole. lol

16. #27 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I used to like Libertarians back in the day, before they went WAAAY off the rails and went whacko. I voted (L) in 1996 because I could not in good conscience vote for BJ Bill.

Heh, the (L) Missouri candidate for stuff is a felon.

http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/g...3002ae44b.html

17. #28 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,756 Times in 16,563 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,622 Times in 1,532 Posts

He's not too slick on foreign policy (his "Aleppo moment") but he is a non-interventionist.
    The problem is looks at US foreign policy like Bernie does -everything done by a coalition.
    That's obviously not going to work with a powerful military like ours being steered by coalition policy.
    also:
    Johnson believes that the "costs of health care are out of control and something needs to be done to return health care to fiscal solvency." He does "not believe that government should be taking over the health care system." Instead, he believes that a "market-based approach should be the foundation of any solution.
    A health care insurance system that is privately owned and managed is the best approach to solving our health care problems." He favors tort reform and control of frivolous lawsuits as means cutting costs of health care.[27]

Johnson opposed the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act, and believes it should be repealed.[8] He also opposed the Medicare Prescription Drug, Improvement, and Modernization Act, which he calls "the failed Medicare prescription drug plan," and believes it should be repealed.
    Labor unions

Johnson says his only issue with trade unions, including teachers' unions, is that they require both good and bad workers to be treated the same. He believes businesses should be allowed to reward good workers and fire bad workers, without collective intervention. He views public-sector unions that contribute to political campaigns as "dangerous."[8]
    Johnson is way out of touch with health care-
    the US populace wants US healthcare, and even so called moderate governors want Medicade expansion.
    So I don't know how he gets past that in a presidential race

18. #29 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by noise View Post
    He's not too slick on foreign policy (his "Aleppo moment") but he is a non-interventionist.
    The problem is looks at US foreign policy like Bernie does -everything done by a coalition.
    That's obviously not going to work with a powerful military like ours being steered by coalition policy.
    also:

Johnson is way out of touch with health care-
    the US populace wants US healthcare, and even so called moderate governors want Medicade expansion.
    So I don't know how he gets past that in a presidential race
    He had no chance because we are so accustomed to government doing everything for us the thought of what he proposed makes people faint. Instead we get R's and D's fighting over which sides big government is better

19. #30 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,189 Times in 895 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 88 Times in 87 Posts

"Can you outline which of Trumps implemented policies you oppose?" VS #24
    Trump isn't very presidential. Didn't candidate Trump suggest that he could act presidential if he wanted?

With great effort, Trump might manage it for brief periods.
    I doubt Trump will succeed in sustaining such effort for 3 years.
    "I think it's time for him [Donald Trump ("R"-NY) Republican 2016 presidential candidate] to look like a serious candidate for president." Majority Leader McConnell (R-KY)
    "It should be obvious to anyone why conservatives and libertarians should be against Trump. He has no grounding in belief. No core philosophy. No morals. No loyalty. No curiosity. No empathy and no understanding. He demands personal loyalty and not loyalty to the nation. His only core belief is in his own superiority to everyone else. His only want is exercise more and more personal power." smb / purveyor of fact 18/03/18

20. The Following User Says Thank You to sear For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (01-22-2018)