Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: CNN Poll: 56% of Americans Say DACA Is Not Worth a Government Shutdown

1. #16 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 326 Times in 306 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jade Dragon View Post
    Is someone actually quoting CNN? Aren't you a Trump Conservative? Is this how set some people standards are, that a news outlet is fake, biased, distorted, etc, until it says something they agree with? I'd laugh pretty good right now, if my side didn't hurt.

Lol, numbers don't lie but CNN does.

2. #17 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,051 Times in 26,519 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,742 Times in 4,521 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by blackascoal View Post
    You can believe that bullshit if you like. Every poll is a fake poll that doesn't tell your god-king he's beautiful.
    How many people think 9/11 was an inside job? I bet the vast majority of them are Dems.

Sent from my Lenovo K8 using Tapatalk

3. #18 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,821 Times in 6,166 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,532 Times in 1,444 Posts
    Blog Entries

Sorry we're not watching the polls like retards and instead are just doing what's best for the country.
    "Do not think that I came to bring peace... I did not come to bring peace, but a sword." - Matthew 10:34

4. #19 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,265 Times in 3,123 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 266 Times in 254 Posts

Even liberal CNN can't muster a poll that supports this BS shutdown. Schumer and the Dims are staging a stupid tantrum. And the American people aren't buying it.
    Keep changing the names. It doesn't change the meaning.

Abortion
    Pro-Choice
    Women's rights
    Women's Health

5. #20 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,294 Times in 8,007 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,132 Times in 1,059 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Irish View Post
    Even liberal CNN can't muster a poll that supports this BS shutdown. Schumer and the Dims are staging a stupid tantrum. And the American people aren't buying it.
    Poll Shows Most Americans Blame Trump and GOP for Shutdown Mess
    In past years, the president has argued that the responsibility to keep the government running lies with the White House

As President Donald Trump and members of Congress point fingers, blaming opposing political parties for a potential government shutdown, the public has spoken. A Washington Post/ABC poll finds that a most Americans would blame Republicans and the president should Congress fail to reach an agreement to keep the government funded by midnight on Friday.

Forty-eight percent of those polled in the survey of more than 1,000 people said they would hold the GOP responsible, while 28 percent said they would blame Democrats. Eighteen percent said both parties would be equally to blame.

Democrats and Trump critics including Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-Mass.) have argued this week that with the Republicans in control of both houses of Congress and the White House, they are responsible for keeping the government running.
    https://www.commondreams.org/news/20...-shutdown-mess

AMERICAN HISTORY ITSELF IS A TESTAMENT TO THE STRENGTH AND RESILIENCE OF AFRICAN PEOPLE. WE, ALONG WITH THE COURGE AND SACRIFICES OF CONSCIOUS WHITE AMERICANS, LIKE VIOLA LIUZZO, EVERETT DIRKSEN, AND MANY OTHERS, HAVE FOUGHT AND DIED TOGETHER FOR OUR FREEDOM, AND FOR OUR SURVIVAL.

In America, rights are are not determined by what is just, fair, equitable, honest, nor by what Jesus would do. Rights are determined ONLY by what you can DEMAND.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to blackascoal For This Post:

christiefan915 (01-21-2018), Phantasmal (01-21-2018)

7. #21 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 55,194 Times in 33,876 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,086 Times in 4,702 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Irish View Post
    Trump is the one who shot down Graham and Durbin, after he said he would sign what they brought to him. He lied, yet, again. 4 Republicans don’t support the current Senate bill. McConnell won’t bring measures to pay military to the floor. Seems like it’s not just Schumer.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Phantasmal For This Post:

christiefan915 (01-21-2018)

9. #22 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,388 Times in 7,999 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 809 Times in 761 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Royal Highness View Post
    i am not a trump conservative. I am a libertarian that sometimes appreciates the pragmatics of what trump does (SC nominations), and I do like his trolling.

The poll is the poll. You are free to interpret it however you wish.
    Honestly, you should stop trying to argue this.

You are a Trump guy.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Cancel 2020.1 For This Post:

Phantasmal (01-21-2018)

11. #23 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,756 Times in 16,563 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,622 Times in 1,532 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Omar View Post
    Thing of it is, the out of power party is *supposed* to gain ground in the mid terms. In 2010 democrats got the shellacking instead of just losing some ground.

Anything less than a democrat led shellacking in 2018 will be [well, should be lol. The partisans will celebrate a modest gain] a cause for concern on their part.

The polls are narrowing because this makes two consecutive missteps for democrats: the First was opposing a tax bill that Bill Clinton would have scored big on; and now democrats are putting the interests of illegal aliens ahead of everything else.

2018 is far from decided. There’s a lot of game yet to be played—to keep with the NFL play off theme.
    what is worrisome is the Republican retirees in the House, but yes there is along way to go

12. #24 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,931 Times in 5,908 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 444 Times in 424 Posts
    Blog Entries

Shut down welfare. See how dem voters like face then.
    "Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the vote decide everything." Joseph Stalin
    The USA has lost WWIV to China with no other weapons but China Virus and some cash to buy democrats.

13. #25 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,256 Times in 960 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 137 Times in 127 Posts
    Blog Entries

Illegal immigration is bad for any country.

DACA was not passed legislatively- it’s always required legislative action. The president is right to demand it. I know a few “dreamers”- good, decent people. They arrived here illegally through no fault of their own. Still, they are here illegally. Creating some sort of pathway to citizenship should be provided legislatively.

An idea:
    1. A time frame needs to be created for qualified persons. For instance, any persons arriving as children between 1990 - 2018. Have not committed any crimes, are employed, or supported by an employed person, are qualified to get in line for citizenship.

2. You must maintain a crime free record to remain in line.

3. You are ineligiable for public assistance while in line.

4. You must obtain a special ID for driving, banking, or traveling domestically.

5. At the end of 10 years, you can apply for citizenship.
    Last edited by J Craft; 01-21-2018 at 02:12 PM.
    TRUMP! TRUMP! TRUMP! TRUMP! TRUMP! TRUMP! TRUMP!

14. #26 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Celticguy View Post
    Shut down welfare. See how dem voters like face then.
    That would hurt Republicans as well, I guess you don’t understand just how many poor whites use the safety nets, you think it’s only blacks.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Phantasmal For This Post:

Cypress (01-21-2018)

16. #27 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by J Craft View Post
    Illegal immigration is bad for any country.

DACA was not passed legislatively- it’s always required legislative action. The president is right to demand it. I know a few “dreamers”- good, decent people. They arrived here illegally through no fault of their own. Still, they are here illegally. Creating some sort of pathway to citizenship should be provided legislatively.

An idea:
    1. A time frame needs to be created for qualified persons. For instance, any persons arriving as children between 1990 - 2018. Have not committed any crimes, are employed, or supported by an employed person, are qualified to get in line for citizenship.

2. You must maintain a crime free record to remain in line.

3. You are ineligiable for public assistance while in line.

4. You must obtain a special ID for driving, banking, or traveling domestically.

5. At the end of 10 years, you can apply for citizenship.
    You contradicted yourself, you first say illegal immigration is bad, then praise DACA people you know, so which is it?

17. #28 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,256 Times in 960 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 137 Times in 127 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Phantasmal View Post
    You contradicted yourself, you first say illegal immigration is bad, then praise DACA people you know, so which is it?
    Liking people doesn't mean I have to like how they got here? That isn't a contradiction, that's just living in the real world, where a lot of gray exists. We find ourselves in the situation of having to deal with real people, so we need to come up with real solutions that deal with those people, but also holds them accountable to our laws.
    TRUMP! TRUMP! TRUMP! TRUMP! TRUMP! TRUMP! TRUMP!

18. #29 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,977 Times in 32,292 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,869 Times in 2,756 Posts
    Blog Entries

That would hurt Republicans as well, I guess you don’t understand just how many poor whites use the safety nets, you think it’s only blacks.
    sigh.....why do you pretend somebody mentioned race........it make you look like such a pile of worthless shit when you make up things like that......

19. #30 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,235 Times in 10,345 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,490 Times in 1,337 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Thing1 View Post
    Honestly, you should stop trying to argue this.

You are a Trump guy.
    when have I ever been afraid to say what I think or what I mean or what I believe?

For me to describe myself as "someones guy" or an official supporter, I have to be fervently all in on them At least on like 90%+ of the issues. At least that's how I perceive it. Perhaps the definition is different for yourself and that is why there is break down. But for me there are some seriously contrasting issues that I feel very strongly about. For starters, I am not a protectionist. I believe in free trade (as long as we aren't tangling ourselves in webs of weird ass trade alliances where unelected euro bureaucrats can determine our own economic policy, that isn't "free" to me). I am also very in favor of net neutrality as I have said many times on here, and I am against the drug war. I am also against the NSA spying and the massive 4th amendment violations this administration is helping to partake in (though to be fair both sides do this one so it cancels out for me).

I really don't care what you think. I love trump for his twitter, his taxes, his judges, and his FU to the world. That shit is great for me. And truthfully he probably HAS delivered for me more than any other president in my life time. But I am very strict on what I say I "support." If I have major serious disagreements on numerous issues of policy, I don't consider myself a supporter. However, I do enjoy him and think he's doing a pretty good job. I concede that.

---

Quote Originally Posted by Mott the Hoople View Post
    Grind is basically right
    Grind’s got you beat by miles. He is very intelligent.