Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: CNN Poll: 56% of Americans Say DACA Is Not Worth a Government Shutdown

1. #31 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,388 Times in 7,999 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 809 Times in 761 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Royal Highness View Post
    when have I ever been afraid to say what I think or what I mean or what I believe?

For me to describe myself as "someones guy" or an official supporter, I have to be fervently all in on them At least on like 90%+ of the issues. At least that's how I perceive it. Perhaps the definition is different for yourself and that is why there is break down. But for me there are some seriously contrasting issues that I feel very strongly about. For starters, I am not a protectionist. I believe in free trade (as long as we aren't tangling ourselves in webs of weird ass trade alliances where unelected euro bureaucrats can determine our own economic policy, that isn't "free" to me). I am also very in favor of net neutrality as I have said many times on here, and I am against the drug war. I am also against the NSA spying and the massive 4th amendment violations this administration is helping to partake in (though to be fair both sides do this one so it cancels out for me).

I really don't care what you think. I love trump for his twitter, his taxes, his judges, and his FU to the world. That shit is great for me. And truthfully he probably HAS delivered for me more than any other president in my life time. But I am very strict on what I say I "support." If I have major serious disagreements on numerous issues of policy, I don't consider myself a supporter. However, I do enjoy him and think he's doing a pretty good job. I concede that.
    It's more a "defense" thing. Within the context of JPP, you're not objective about him. You're as protective of him as his most ardent defenders.

I think you know this; you sort of relish the role, but I'm not sure it's possible to take that stance here and then pretend your straddling some imaginary fence because of disagreements on some of the issues.

It's no biggie, but you're not really distinguishable from the average Trump apologist on here.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Cancel 2020.1 For This Post:

Phantasmal (01-22-2018)

3. #32 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,235 Times in 10,345 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,490 Times in 1,337 Posts
    Blog Entries

we disagree

---

Quote Originally Posted by Mott the Hoople View Post
    Grind is basically right
    Quote Originally Posted by Phantasmal View Post
    Grind’s got you beat by miles. He is very intelligent.

4. #33 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,432 Times in 12,044 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,699 Times in 1,647 Posts
    Blog Entries

Liberals obviously are hoping that if they repeat that the GOP is responsible for the shut down and that if they say it enough times, they can make it the truth; but they're going to have a difficult time convincing people that DACA was a reason to try and kill the Budget Bill, which had nothing to do with DACA.

SEDITION: incitement of resistance to or insurrection against lawful authority.

5. #34 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,676 Times in 14,049 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,136 Times in 1,080 Posts

6. #35 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,101 Times in 21,165 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,307 Times in 1,235 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by USFREEDOM911 View Post
    Liberals obviously are hoping that if they repeat that the GOP is responsible for the shut down and that if they say it enough times, they can make it the truth; but they're going to have a difficult time convincing people that DACA was a reason to try and kill the Budget Bill, which had nothing to do with DACA.

The political problem for democrats is that there are two separate issues at work: one is who is responsible for the shutdown.

Even if they succeed in pinning that tail on the republican donkey it doesn’t mitigate the second issue: democrats are putting the interests of illegal aliens ahead of voters. And they can’t spin their way out of it.

What would compel democrats to go to the mat, politically, for DACA? They won’t/can’t admit it because it would be political suicide for them, but they need an influx of poor immigrants to maintain power.
    Coup has started. First of many steps. Impeachment will follow ultimately~WB attorney Mark Zaid, January 2017

7. #36 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Americans might support DACA, but not to the level where they are willing to shutdown the government over it. The numbers people quote, like 90%, are that they probably are only 90% "sure whatever" when it comes to the issue. Not full on passionate. This is reflected in the current CNN poll where they would rather have government open than care about cheater dreamers.

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/timoth...-down-n2437156
    Dreamers are a side bar and a deflection.

What democrats are really fighting for is chain migration and the diversity lottery or whatever it is they call it. And the longer this shutdown drags on, the more people are going to realize what it’s really about.

800,000 Dreamers won’t swing an election but the status quo immigration policy can and will.
    Coup has started. First of many steps. Impeachment will follow ultimately~WB attorney Mark Zaid, January 2017

8. #37 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,824 Times in 8,868 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 896 Times in 801 Posts
    Blog Entries

No matter what you do, no matter how hard you fight it, America will get Browner and Blacker with or without you and there're "no" Law that's going to Stop Brown and Black People from Multiplying and Mixing and Diluting with White's.

future.jpg

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bourbon For This Post:

blackascoal (01-22-2018), Micawber (01-22-2018)

10. #38 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Bourbon View Post
    No matter what you do, no matter how hard you fight it, America will get Browner and Blacker with or without you and there're "no" Law that's going to Stop Brown and Black People from Multiplying and Mixing and Diluting with White's.

future.jpg
    Thanks for admitting what the shutdown is all about lol.

Can we get you a microphone?

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Darth Omar For This Post:

MAGA MAN (01-22-2018)

12. #39 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,145 Times in 10,539 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,987 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

Americans might support DACA, but not to the level where they are willing to shutdown the government over it. The numbers people quote, like 90%, are that they probably are only 90% "sure whatever" when it comes to the issue. Not full on passionate. This is reflected in the current CNN poll where they would rather have government open than care about cheater dreamers.

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/timoth...-down-n2437156
    Therefore Republicans shouldn't have done it.

13. The Following User Groans At Micawber For This Awful Post:

MAGA MAN (01-22-2018)

14. #40 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,145 Times in 10,539 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,987 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

Graham told reporters on Capitol Hill that he thinks Mr. Trump has his "heart right" on the issue of immigration reform, but says "every time we have a proposal it is only yanked back by staff members."

"As long as Stephen Miller is in charge of negotiating immigration we are going nowhere. He's been an outlier for years," added Graham,

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/governm...-live-updates/

15. #41 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 326 Times in 306 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Micawber View Post
    Therefore Republicans shouldn't have done it.
    The overwhelming majority of republicans voted for the extension, only 5 democrats would cross the aisle in the senate, so spare us your laughable bullshit.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to PraiseKek For This Post:

cancel2 2022 (01-22-2018)

17. #42 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 326 Times in 306 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Micawber View Post
    Graham told reporters on Capitol Hill that he thinks Mr. Trump has his "heart right" on the issue of immigration reform, but says "every time we have a proposal it is only yanked back by staff members."

"As long as Stephen Miller is in charge of negotiating immigration we are going nowhere. He's been an outlier for years," added Graham,

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/governm...-live-updates/
    Graham is the outlier, he supports illegal immigrant amnesty without border security and always has.

18. #43 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,824 Times in 8,868 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 896 Times in 801 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Omar View Post
    Thanks for admitting what the shutdown is all about lol.

Can we get you a microphone?
    No need ... unless you're Deaf, Dumb, Blind and Stupid ... any Intelligent Human Being should be able to determine that on their own.

19. #44 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,341 Times in 5,714 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 374 Times in 355 Posts

It's about the votes .. Democrats like Schumer and Pelosi will be gone soon, and they will be left with Elizabeth Warren, and of course Oprah, so there's that
    This just In::: Trump indicted for living in liberals heads and not paying RENT

C̶N̶N̶ SNN.... Shithole News Network

Trump Is Coming back to a White House Near you

20. #45 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,265 Times in 3,123 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 266 Times in 254 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by blackascoal View Post
    Poll Shows Most Americans Blame Trump and GOP for Shutdown Mess
    In past years, the president has argued that the responsibility to keep the government running lies with the White House

As President Donald Trump and members of Congress point fingers, blaming opposing political parties for a potential government shutdown, the public has spoken. A Washington Post/ABC poll finds that a most Americans would blame Republicans and the president should Congress fail to reach an agreement to keep the government funded by midnight on Friday.

Forty-eight percent of those polled in the survey of more than 1,000 people said they would hold the GOP responsible, while 28 percent said they would blame Democrats. Eighteen percent said both parties would be equally to blame.

Democrats and Trump critics including Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-Mass.) have argued this week that with the Republicans in control of both houses of Congress and the White House, they are responsible for keeping the government running.
    https://www.commondreams.org/news/20...-shutdown-mess

Yes I am aware the Warren segment wants to blame the GOP since they narrowly control congress and the WH. That's why the dems did this. Shut the govt down, then blame the majority party. Make it a 2018 talking point for them.

Once again the dims are putting politics and illegals above American citizens. They are pathetic.
    Keep changing the names. It doesn't change the meaning.

Abortion
    Pro-Choice
    Women's rights
    Women's Health