Quote Originally Posted by Yaya View Post
    The middle class grew under Reagan.
    so did the debt

2. #197 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,229 Times in 809 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 176 Times in 163 Posts

It seems you really can fool all of the people all of the time. The economy is still Obama's economy, that much is clear as history demonstrates with all presidential elections. What was really accomplished this past year behind the scenes of Donnie's tweets is listed below. Sad year for America, the world is starting to look at us and move ahead. China has gained the most and will soon be the economic superpower America once was. But most of the rich in America must laugh at Trump snowflakes, they can live anywhere, the working class American remains secure in their resentment of imaginary hobgoblins.

https://www.politico.com/agenda/stor...es-2017-000603

"The Trump administration is remaking the government. It's Even Worse Than You Think: What the Trump Administration Is Doing to America tells readers exactly how it is making America worse again." https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/...than-you-think

"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary." H. L. Mencken
    Last edited by midcan5; 01-22-2018 at 07:32 AM.
    Wanna make America great, buy American owned, made in the USA, we do. AF Veteran, INFJ-A, I am not PC.

"I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: 'O Lord make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it." Voltaire

3. #198 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,773 Times in 27,247 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 19,590 Times in 18,179 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Threedee View Post
    Trumptards will slobber over Ivanka, but, I think Nikki Haley has a decent shot. Hard for people to call her racist, sexist, insert Dem catchphrase.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Voter_..._United_States

she supports ID laws that disenfranchise voters

brown people do racists things against other brown people

on what basis of fact do you claim they cant?

4. #199 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,051 Times in 26,519 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,742 Times in 4,521 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by evince View Post

95.64%: The percentage of eligible voters on India who have been issued photo identity cards to prevent misuse. That’s around 780 million individuals. Of the 35 states and union territories, 16 have achieved 100% coverage.

Sent from my Lenovo K8 using Tapatalk

5. #200 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

The Wiki Witch of the West is abroad again.

6. #201 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Havana Moon View Post
    95.64%: The percentage of eligible voters on India who have been issued photo identity cards to prevent misuse. That’s around 780 million individuals. Of the 35 states and union territories, 16 have achieved 100% coverage.

we are not India

ID laws written by the republican party members are designed to cheat legal voters out of their rights to vote

7. The Following User Says Thank You to evince For This Post:

Rune (01-22-2018)

8. #202 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Push for photo ID requirements[edit]
    Since the late 20th century, the Republican Party has led efforts to create more stringent voter ID laws for the stated objective of preventing electoral fraud. 12 states now require voters to show some form of photo identification (see table below) with approximately 13 other states pursuing similar legislation. The laws were often introduced by the Republican members of ALEC and signed by Republican governors.[21]
    Some of the states that were pursuing new photo identification requirements were legally bound under the Voting Rights Act of 1965 to apply for federal preclearance prior to enacting any new election laws. (One provision of the Voting Rights Act was that 13 southern states with a history of discrimination be required to obtain this federal preclearance in order to prevent further discriminatory laws from being passed.) However, in the 2013 case Shelby County v. Holder, the United States Supreme Court struck down section 4(b) of the Act, which contained the formula determining which states were required to seek preclearance, based on historic under-representation of portions of the population. They said that this section was unconstitutional as the model was not based on current conditions. It said the provision was rational and needed at the time it was enacted, but it is no longer an accurate formula based on the changing demographics of different states and the nation overall. In effect, federal preclearance is no longer a requirement; Congress would need to update this section based on current data for a new formula that is deemed constitutional. States that had passed photo identification requirements but had not received federal preclearance were allowed to have those laws immediately take effect.[22]

9. #203 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

http://articles.latimes.com/1986-10-...onal-committee

GOP Memo Admits Plan Could 'Keep Black Vote Down'
    October 25, 1986|From the Washington Post

NEWARK, N.J. — A Republican National Committee official calculated that a so-called ballot security program in Louisiana "could keep the black vote down considerably," according to documents released in federal court Friday.
    The documents and court hearing were the latest developments in a controversy over the GOP's ballot program that Democrats maintain is aimed at reducing minority turnout. The Republicans say the program's sole purpose is to purge ineligible voters from voting roles.
    In an Aug. 13 memo the court made public Friday, Kris Wolfe, the Republican National Committee Midwest political director, wrote Lanny Griffith, the committee's Southern political director, and said of the Louisiana campaigning:
    "I know this race is really important to you. I would guess that this program will eliminate at least 60-80,000 folks from the rolls. . . . If it's a close race . . . which I'm assuming it is, this could keep the black vote down considerably."

Unseals Document
    She said in the memorandum that the program had been approved by Gregory Graves, deputy political director of the National Republican Senatorial Committee.
    The document, called Exhibit 13, was unsealed by U.S. District Judge Dickinson R. Debevoise when lawyers for the Democratic National Committee said it was needed to question Wolfe.
    Wolfe testified that she wrote about the possibility of keeping the black vote down to remind Griffith that there "might be a political situation he might want to consider. . . . I wanted him to be aware of the political considerations."
    The Democrats are suing the Republican Party for $10 million, charging that the Republican National Committee ballot security programs--a method of assuring that voters reside at their listed addresses--violated a 1981 consent agreement signed by both parties.
    Under the agreement, the Republican committee would "refrain from undertaking any ballot security activities in polling places or election districts where the racial composition of such districts is a factor."
    Debevoise refused to issue a restraining order requiring the GOP to stop all similar activity.
    Accepts Lawyers' Word
    The judge said he accepted the word of Republican lawyers who told him all ballot security programs have been stopped, including an effort the Democrats say singled out predominantly black and Latino precincts in Pontiac, Mich.
    In testimony Friday, Mark Braden, the Republican National Committee's chief counsel and the organizer of the ballot security program, said he repeatedly sought to make it clear to subordinates that "race was a factor that could not be used. I would instill the fear of God in them. . . . I'm not an idiot, this is a big press issue, and it's a big legal issue."
    The committee's ballot security program was conducted in Louisiana, Indiana and Missouri. Before it became controversial, GOP political strategists said they planned to use it in other states.
    'Insidious Scheme'
    Louisiana state District Court Judge Richard E. Lee issued an injunction against the program on Oct. 14. In his order, Lee said: "This was an insidious scheme by the Republican Party to remove blacks from the voting roles."

THIS after they were already placed on a court decree for cheating voters of color years before

10. #204 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

we are not India

ID laws written by the republican party members are designed to cheat legal voters out of their rights to vote
    Fuck you dozy twat, if India can do it why can't the US? The real reason you don't want it is to make sure illegals can vote. You also think that blacks and latinos are too stupid to get ID, that is racist!!

Last edited by cancel2 2022; 01-22-2018 at 09:02 AM.

11. #205 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Fraud prevention[edit]
    The vast majority of voter ID laws in the United States target only voter impersonation, of which there are only 31 documented cases in the United States from the 2000–2014 period.[48] According to PolitiFact, "in-person voter fraud—the kind targeted by the ID law—remains extremely rare".[11] According to the Associated Press, the New York Times, NPR, CNBC, the Guardian and FactCheck.Org the available research and evidence point to the type of fraud that would be prevented by voter ID laws as "very rare" or "extremely rare".[49][50][51][52][53][54][55] PolitiFact finds the suggestion that "voter fraud is rampant" false, giving it its "Pants on Fire" rating.[11] Most cases of alleged voter fraud involving dead voters have been shown to be a result of incorrect matching of voter rolls and death records, such as when someone died after they voted rather than before.[56]

12. #206 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Fuck you you dozy twat, if India can do it why can't the US? The real reason you don't want it to make sure illegals can vote.

prove they do

just repeating lies is not good enough

13. #207 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

see the damage fox news does to this country

FOX repeats these LIES

Illegals are not voting

republicans use those lies to keep legal American voters from voting

they don't want people to come here and get legal because they know they would all vote against the evil republicans lies

14. #208 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

see the damage fox news does to this country

FOX repeats these LIES

Illegals are not voting

republicans use those lies to keep legal American voters from voting

they don't want people to come here and get legal because they know they would all vote against the evil republicans lies
    So is India racist?

15. #209 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,824 Times in 8,868 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 896 Times in 801 Posts
    Blog Entries

You're Free to Vote for whomever you choose to ... it's your Privilege and Right ... Enjoy it, Embrace it, and Fight for it, and be grateful it's not being Suppressed.

16. #210 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

So is India racist?

yes

go read about it

they are very CAST racist