Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Thread: Oops: Even AP blames democrats for shutdown.

1. #91 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,733 Times in 14,329 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,386 Times in 1,304 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sirthinksalot View Post
    I have no idea, but their 4 votes wouldn't have been enough to overcome the filibuster either way.
    Correct. But they still voted against it. Why is that not an issue?
    Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

2. #92 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by domer76 View Post
    lol

Keep telling yourself that.
    Remind him, if he's got a moment of clarity, that the Senate passed an immigration reform bill years ago. Overwhelmingly
    Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Althea For This Post:

domer76 (01-20-2018)

4. #93 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,101 Times in 21,165 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,307 Times in 1,235 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Thing1 View Post
    Interesting; why did you feel a need to distort what I said? I said that he gets credit for the economy so far. I don't think he's a "great President for the economy." My actual opinion is that his policies will ultimately hurt the economy, further widening the gap between rich & poor, and expanding the deficit.

So, no - I won't be voting against my economic interests in 2020. And even if I thought Trump was good for the economy in the long run, I'd have tremendous hesitation supporting him, because of the long-term damage he is doing to some of America's vital institutions and to our discourse as a whole. I believe that America will greatly regret electing Trump, and even hardcore supporters like yourself will end up denying that they truly supported him. In 5 years or so, I think it's likely that you'll be emphasizing that you only wanted to vote against Hillary.
    But everything he has done has helped the economy so your prediction seems a tad unjustified. In fact, liberals were wrong, en mass, about Trump and the economy.

Why should I give your prediction any credence?
    Coup has started. First of many steps. Impeachment will follow ultimately~WB attorney Mark Zaid, January 2017

5. #94 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,388 Times in 7,999 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 809 Times in 761 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Omar View Post
    But everything he has done has helped the economy so your prediction seems a tad unjustified. In fact, liberals were wrong, en mass, about Trump and the economy.

Why should I give your prediction any credence?
    Why should I give you any credence? You took a good thing that I said - that I gave Trump credit for the economy so far - and felt the need to distort & lie about it. That's exactly what Trump does. He lies when he doesn't need to.

But your post above is short-sighted and displays a real lack of understanding about economic cycles & how government action can have both short & long-term effects on the economy. 1 year is a blip in the economy. If this economy chugs along for years ahead in the same manner, then I'm wrong - sadly, I doubt I am. Trump's measures ARE for short-term effect. It's what he's about. Long term, I completely stand by my predictions, and understand that short-term gain is not worth the areas that his policies will negatively impact - namely, the debt, and the growing gap between rich & poor.

6. #95 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

And here is another prediction: the minute the economy does dip, you will blame Democrats.

7. #96 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,101 Times in 21,165 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,307 Times in 1,235 Posts

Why should I give you any credence? You took a good thing that I said - that I gave Trump credit for the economy so far - and felt the need to distort & lie about it. That's exactly what Trump does. He lies when he doesn't need to.

But your post above is short-sighted and displays a real lack of understanding about economic cycles & how government action can have both short & long-term effects on the economy. 1 year is a blip in the economy. If this economy chugs along for years ahead in the same manner, then I'm wrong - sadly, I doubt I am. Trump's measures ARE for short-term effect. It's what he's about. Long term, I completely stand by my predictions, and understand that short-term gain is not worth the areas that his policies will negatively impact - namely, the debt, and the growing gap between rich & poor.
    Decreasing the size of the regulatory state will have long term economic effects, for exactly the same reasons their stifling effects are long term. What’s amazing is that so many people think they’re a good thing.

The tax cut bill hasn’t even kicked in. Democrats were wrong about that, too. This conversation will be interesting in 2019 lol.

How many independents do you think will vote against their economic interests in 2020?
    Coup has started. First of many steps. Impeachment will follow ultimately~WB attorney Mark Zaid, January 2017

8. #97 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Decreasing the size of the regulatory state will have long term economic effects, for exactly the same reasons their stifling effects are long term. What’s amazing is that so many people think they’re a good thing.

The tax cut bill hasn’t even kicked in. Democrats were wrong about that, too. This conversation will be interesting in 2019 lol.

How many independents do you think will vote against their economic interests in 2020?
    It flies in the face of history to portray all regulation as bad somehow. Regulation is needed at a certain level. Has Trump struck the right balance on that? Who can say after 1 year?

And how in the world can you say a) the tax bill hasn't kicked in yet, and b) the Democrats were wrong about it...in the same sentence? Really? We don't even know what its short-term and long-term effects will be...and Democrats are already "wrong"?

People have voted against their economic interests since we started having elections. I think you & I might disagree about what the best policies are for the vast majority of working Americans.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Cancel 2020.1 For This Post:

Phantasmal (01-20-2018)

10. #98 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,758 Times in 11,557 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 889 Times in 847 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by noise View Post
    what you moron.

How can you use "prosecutorial discretion" for 800k people? Obama created a protected class
    And, actually there more like 3 to 3.6 million DACA illegals here, not 800,000.
    Abortion rights dogma can obscure human reason & harden the human heart so much that the same person who feels
    empathy for animal suffering can lack compassion for unborn children who experience lethal violence and excruciating
    pain in abortion.

Unborn animals are protected in their nesting places, humans are not. To abort something is to end something
    which has begun. To abort life is to end it.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Stretch For This Post:

dukkha (01-20-2018)

12. #99 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,756 Times in 16,563 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,622 Times in 1,532 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Stretch View Post
    that many?
    hey i'm all for a path to citizenship,but not at the expense of ending chain migration, lottery visas
    or construction of the wall.

That means border security, and then we can normalize those here as well
    Last edited by dukkha; 01-20-2018 at 06:36 PM.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to dukkha For This Post:

Stretch (01-20-2018)

14. #100 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,756 Times in 16,563 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,622 Times in 1,532 Posts

It flies in the face of history to portray all regulation as bad somehow. Regulation is needed at a certain level. Has Trump struck the right balance on that? Who can say after 1 year?

And how in the world can you say a) the tax bill hasn't kicked in yet, and b) the Democrats were wrong about it...in the same sentence? Really? We don't even know what its short-term and long-term effects will be...and Democrats are already "wrong"?

People have voted against their economic interests since we started having elections. I think you & I might disagree about what the best policies are for the vast majority of working Americans.
    witholdings haven't been adjusted yet..they will be the beginning of Feb.

Corporate taxes have been reduced already, and you can see the repatriation by Apple
    ( $365b in tax revenues because of it ) and 20,000 new jobs + all the bonuses handed out.

what is a fair level of regulations?
    I can tell you how far out of whack Obama was with WOTUS, and ridiculously low levels of ozone etc.
    I don't know how you were diverted / You were perverted too
    I don't know how you were inverted / No one alerted you

15. The Following User Says Thank You to dukkha For This Post:

Sirthinksalot (01-20-2018)

16. #101 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,601 Times in 9,273 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,405 Times in 1,371 Posts
    Blog Entries

Fox will blame the Democrats for the shutdown
    MSNBC will blame Trump and the Republicans for the shutdown.
    All will be correct!

17. #102 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,172 Times in 10,390 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,876 Times in 4,194 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Stretch View Post
    Good. They contribute more that the RW Trumpophants

18. #103 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

And here is another prediction: the minute the economy does dip, you will blame Democrats.
    Obama's economy is still strong. As for the market, hang onto your hat on Monday.

19. #104 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

By 2020, the mess from the tax cuts will be evident.

20. #105 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,394 Times in 5,099 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 908 Times in 849 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Althea View Post
    Obama's economy is still strong. As for the market, hang onto your hat on Monday.
    How is it Obama's economy one year in when barely a few months in you libs were calling his economy his first term?